valet driver

jeykellz

TB Lurker
Credits
Okay so my position for 12 weks is a valet driver becase i have less than 2 years cdl experience whays yhe duties of a valet

i'm only guessing-- but maybe to pick up drivers who run out of hours. you would drive their truck back. it's only a guess though.

You will probably be riding around with another driver. He will show you how to back in to stops and maneuver into tight places. After a bit he will let you drive and see how you do. That is the only thing I can think of since you have not had your license very long. They really don't have someone that just picks up drivers. The hosteling job is a bid job that is with the warehouse positions. That is what they do with all new drivers but not that long. They are extending it with you because of your lack of experience.

Thanks alot whats main benefits of unioun? Is pay weekly or bi? Hows vacation time or how much a yr? I heard benefits are covered 100% for me and my dependants is that true? I have alot of questions lol

The union helps but not much. Pay is bi-monthly. Payday is every other Friday. Vacation is 1 year 1 week, 2 years 2 weeks, 5 years 3 weeks, 10 years 4 weeks, and 20 years 5 weeks. No benefits are not 100% covered, that changed last year. Dental and vision got hacked. Co pays went up on medical and coverage went down a little. You will have to pay every month for your benefits, not much but you will have to. We all thought we got screwed on our last contract compared to what we had. Just let me know if you need any other info. You should be able to PM now since you have posted some more. If you want the nitty gritty on anything PM me.

Thanks on the info sf idk if i can pm cause of not enough something but as soon as i can ill get at you thanks again

Oh ya, it takes 3 months for your benefits to kick in. It will take about 1 year to make your time. You will not be cover by the union until you make your time.

We had that Valet driver position, didn't last long, he took returns off trailers them fueled them and parked them, that position lasted about 3 weeks as I recall..LOL.

Oh ya, it takes 3 months for your benefits to kick in. It will take about 1 year to make your time. You will not be cover by the union until you make your time.

Ya'lls union is different out there, our guys can join soon as probation is over and they are steady employees, we are right to work so they get a choice on whether to join unfortunatly.

You have to join the union right away. I believe you have 30 days to join. Like I said probation is about a year. Overtime does not count towards making your time. Only straight time. You are basically paying union dues just for your benefits for the first year.

I heard something like that also so its a possibility i could be taking off returns and fueling trucks 8-10 hrs a day?not complaining but hey its work

Doubt you will be taking off returns and fueling trucks. They are to short drivers to be paying a guy with a class A to do that.

No, benefits kick in on the third month I believe. Might be the forth month. The way it works is as long as you work 80 a month you get your benefits the following month. So if things get slow let the other drivers know. Some of them are real jerks but most of them know it is important for new guys to get at least 80 a month to make sure they get their benefits.

Doubt you will be taking off returns and fueling trucks. They are to short drivers to be paying a guy with a class A to do that.

No, benefits kick in on the third month I believe. Might be the forth month. The way it works is as long as you work 80 a month you get your benefits the following month. So if things get slow let the other drivers know. Some of them are real jerks but most of them know it is important for new guys to get at least 80 a month to make sure they get their benefits.

All he would have to do is ask me if I was out there, I would take off any day of the week! Several days.