FedEx Freight | Vancouver Center closing?

Looked around on the net for real info on this instead of some screenshot on a phone. Can't find anything.

Thanks, Mr. reliable. We'll wait for a confirmation from an established source. Thanks for the scoop though. We heard it here, 1st, thanks to you...

Don't get pissy with me rat. We that are against the union have been saying this from day one. The company is fighting back and you don't like it. I'm sure the teamsters told those workers that this could never happen. :mad: Looks like it happened. IMHO

Don't get pissy with me rat. We that are against the union have been saying this from day one. The company is fighting back and you don't like it. I'm sure the teamsters told those workers that this could never happen. :mad: Looks like it happened. IMHO
What I read is that FedEx management grossly overestimated the freight volumes for that area, and figured out too late that the terminal was not needed. 3 years ago fedex closed 100 terminals. Was the union to blame for that too?

Thanks, Mr. reliable. We'll wait for a confirmation from an established source. Thanks for the scoop though. We heard it here, 1st, thanks to you...
Well, it is true ... That is the nature of the social beast, you hear it before you see a press release on AP.

What I read is that FedEx management grossly overestimated the freight volumes for that area, and figured out too late that the terminal was not needed. 3 years ago fedex closed 100 terminals. Was the union to blame for that too?

Spin it how you want. I see they voted in th teamsters and now they are being shut down. But you say that the company overestimated freight levels, so it now is not needed. Surely you don't believe this. IMHO

Spin it how you want. I see they voted in th teamsters and now they are being shut down. But you say that the company overestimated freight levels, so it now is not needed. Surely you don't believe this. IMHO
Actually Its exactly what the caption says.

You pro union guys have been saying from day 1 that this can't happen!! Spin it however you want. The reality is these workers will be looking for employment after they were promised they would have better pay and benefits if they voted yes. Now they get the shaft! IMHO

You pro union guys have been saying from day 1 that this can't happen!! Spin it however you want. The reality is these workers will be looking for employment after they were promised they would have better pay and benefits if they voted yes. Now they get the shaft! IMHO
"Fedex invested in the facility for growth and after 18 months of effort volumes have fallen well short of projections" Thats not spin. That is what the caption says. Still no answer on my question about the 100 terminals shut down in 2011? 1700 workers lost their jobs then.

"Fedex invested in the facility for growth and after 18 months of effort volumes have fallen well short of projections" Thats not spin. That is what the caption says. Still no answer on my question about the 100 terminals shut down in 2011? 1700 workers lost their jobs then.

Look up the press release the company put out in 2011. That is your answer Stop trying to change the subject. The union screwed the guys in Canada and NHR. VOTE NO!!
IMHO

Look up the press release the company put out in 2011. That is your answer Stop trying to change the subject. The union screwed the guys in Canada and NHR. VOTE NO!!
IMHO
The union kept the freight levels from hitting projections? You're the one who is spinning.

The fact that FedEx can announce a closure of a recently organized terminal, blame it on their "gross overestimation" of freight volumes and have folks pile on about managements' incompetency couldn't work any better.

Conway did the exact same thing in Vancouver when they went union. Shut it down based on freight levels

IMHO
According to the press release those 100 terminals were closed due to freight volumes. And none of them were union. Looks like it was fedex who gave those workers the shaft.