FedEx Freight | Vancouver Center closing?

I've been in this union - non union battle for 38 years, 13 non and 25 union (Holland). My first trucking job (non union) I went through 3 or 4 votes and all the pro's and con's on the of a union. My best advice is there is a reason the company doesn't want a union and are willing to spend millions to fight it. In my experience it is not pay,bennies or even pension. These companies want one thing, COMPLETE POWER. they want to tell when, where and how you spend every last second of your day, whether it be 6 hours or 12. For you guys that take the position that You love your job (put in a contract and secure it). Last comment, please don't use YRC in your evaluation of the union. Set your sights on UPS-ABF as your company would fall in line with these companies. Thanks GRIZ

Finally, something we can agree on.

That wasn't directed to you. You have yet to say anything clever. But keep trying and you may end up just like YRC-ATM. I will tell you the same things i tell my Kids " Pipe it, grown ups are talking. Speak only when you are spoken to"

I've been in this union - non union battle for 38 years, 13 non and 25 union (Holland). My first trucking job (non union) I went through 3 or 4 votes and all the pro's and con's on the of a union. My best advice is there is a reason the company doesn't want a union and are willing to spend millions to fight it. In my experience it is not pay,bennies or even pension. These companies want one thing, COMPLETE POWER. they want to tell when, where and how you spend every last second of your day, whether it be 6 hours or 12. For you guys that take the position that You love your job (put in a contract and secure it). Last comment, please don't use YRC in your evaluation of the union. Set your sights on UPS-ABF as your company would fall in line with these companies. Thanks GRIZ
I concur with Griz.Dont use YRC as a gauge.YRCW hasn't played fair for a long while.Obligatory to a contract and they couldn't even do that.How does any of these entities that do business with YRCW trust them? First you have to have trust then service follows in this ltl industry.

That wasn't directed to you. You have yet to say anything clever. But keep trying and you may end up just like YRC-ATM. I will tell you the same things i tell my Kids " Pipe it, grown ups are talking. Speak only when you are spoken to"
How did I end up? Keep posting ignorance ass, you excel at it.

So i thought they were closing this center? Its still open must of been some anti union propaganda.
Was said in the announcement that it would be closing at the first of the year. I just checked my calendar, it's still not the first of the year yet so yes, they're probably still operating....for now.