Estes | Vans

newpenn22

TB Regular
Credits
I'm noticing u guys bought new 53ft vans, is linehaul moving towards using vans and doing away with sets? I'm seeing this in the northeast.

We're not moving away from pups in Linehaul anytime soon. I'd have to guess we've purchased around 5000 new vans the last 2 or 3 years mainly to replace the older equipment and due to a lack of equipment. We've been renting trailers for local work at my barn for months and there's no sign of us giving those back anytime soon.

I'm noticing u guys bought new 53ft vans, is linehaul moving towards using vans and doing away with sets? I'm seeing this in the northeast.
First I have heard of this. I don't think that they are changing anything. They need to get a lot of older trailers replaced .A lot of the older trailers don't have any way to secure freight .No tie down points or D rings etc. The new trailers are well equipped with drop down logistics bars and multiple tie down points.

Last edited by a moderator:
QUOTE="newpenn22, post: 953067, member: 32033"]I'm noticing u guys bought new 53ft vans, is linehaul moving towards using vans and doing away with sets? I'm seeing this in the northeast.
First I have heard of this. I don't think that they are changing anything. They need to get a lot of older trailers replaced .A lot of the older trailers don't have any way to secure freight .No tie down points or D rings etc. The new trailers are well equipped with drop down logistics bars and multiple tie down points.[/QUOTE]

Yrc wants new penn to deck freight but our trls r not equipped with racks or load bars. So we do what they say & now claims r thru the roof

i dont think there getting rid of pups anytime soon. there buying to many single axle tractors to justify that

33' The numbers start with a 33 to keep it north of the mason Dixon proof.(aka dummy proof) No tape measure needed

Gotta mix things up from time to time. Us hillbillies take a beating down this way. lol
As for that beating, you ain't seen nothing yet... I would like to thank you and yours for taking your fair share of the Amazon business. And I know that I'm speaking on behalf of my comrades as well. Plus do keep us appraised on the trials and tribulations of handling those deliveries...misery loves company you know. Feel free to ask for pointers, we have plenty of experience in that department. One thing I can tell you is that the richer they are the less they tip.

One thing I can tell you is that the richer they are the less they tip.
I learned that delivering flowers as a teenager. Middle-class people almost always tip better than white collar folks. A buddy of mine delivered some flowers to a famous IndyCar driver and didn't even get a damn dollar!

Tips are against company policy driver!
Yes they are but everyone knows about them and they all look the other way. We had one guy (true story here) had a collect shipment to a house and he came back with a check for $20.00 more than the freight bill. He had the gall to tell the office that the extra $20 was his tip and he actually expected to get it. The company refunded the consignee the excess money. If it was me that did that I'd have been fired.