Vanzorn's familey

alvan

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone herd what the Vanzorn's are doing now. Last i herd Jim was working at central trasport. Shore mis that job best company ever worked for.See old Alvan trailers still running up and down the road brings back good memories. I was a Putnam/Alvan employee for 25 years hope everyone doing fine and is working. I didn't go back to trucking after alvan went out only YRC and ABF left in Cincinnati and with YRC has pinsion all messed up didnt want to go their. So found something else. Hope other old Alvan employee post on here to keep intouch. Have a nice day.:)

Jim only stayed at Central about 6 months. Word is that after running the show all those years he couldn't get used to working for someone else. I was told he left on good terms. Just wasn't a good fit. Very few old Alvan people, if any, left at Central. I think he is just doing real estate stuff. Still has some of the old Alvan terminals.

which terminal were you at. and are you still in trucking. really mis that job Alvan was a GREAT COMPANY to work for to bad it had to happen the way it did.

Good to see some of us still get on here. Had 11 yrs. linehaul out of Ft. Wayne. I stayed in the business and still hear comments that Alvan was a damn bunch of dedicated people. Best job I've had--but I'm only 59. Could go on and on about final management but I won't. You 2 have a good holiday season with your families. Good luck to you.

I was out of cincinnati in the city for about 25 years.Was a Putanm/Alvan.always thought Putnam was a good company untile Alvan bought us.Alvan was a Great company to work for only got to meet Jim only a couple times but seen chuck more. He was a super nice man and down to earth.Sure wish it was a bad dream and we all were their today.Don't think you find another company like Alvan.Well thats anough i could go on and on to You all have a super Holiday to and PLEASE keep intouch on here sure like hearing from old Alvan people to.Have a nice day.

Randy Maggot(TM-tol) and Terry?(TM--Col) both work for Vitran now. Randy is in DET and Terry is in Col. Mark Leslie and his wife bought a bar a couple of blocks from Ohio State campus. Estes bought the So. Bend, Grand Rapids, Ft. Wayne and Mesick terminals. Maybe one other one-not sure. DET? Good to see you still check in now and then, ALVAN.

Randy Maggot(TM-tol) and Terry?(TM--Col) both work for Vitran now. Randy is in DET and Terry is in Col. Mark Leslie and his wife bought a bar a couple of blocks from Ohio State campus. Estes bought the So. Bend, Grand Rapids, Ft. Wayne and Mesick terminals. Maybe one other one-not sure. DET? Good to see you still check in now and then, ALVAN.

Yes Detroit (Romulus) bought by Estes. You guys really had a place to be proud of there. Nice big yard and shop. Its a pleasure going there.

Thanks, Buzzbeez, it was a nice yard. Just a quick correction, though. Estes didn't take the Grand Rapids term. P-Jax/Vitran took it over. REALLY has went downhill. Doors, dockplates--what a pit now. Safe ride.

I read somewere that vanzorn still owns Colunbus Toledo and i think Richfield maybe they will open back up some day

The Columbus term. was owned by the VanZorn Family Trust and not part of the bankruptcy. Last I heard it was still setting empty. Tol. was leased out by some small trucking co. Seems like someone told me that the Richfield yard was taken over by Estes but don't quote me on that one.

I read a artical on the computor about the book that chuck wrote and when on to sat they still owned Columbus Toledo and Ind. It said they sold the rest to pay off bankrupcy and were able to keep these.Leaves a bad taste in my mouth since i was owed $7000.00 and only collected $2400.00.The shop that done all the work on the trucks and terminal recevied nothing last i herd was owed $20,000.00 in work they done before they went out.S;;t happens still was a great company to work for.Keep in touch.

I worked out of the Columbus terminal and it was a great job. There is a couple of businesses sharing the Columbus terminal now driving school,trailer leaseing company,and someone in the shop. There are a few drivers and a mechanic from Alvan across the fence at New England Motor Freight now. Good Luck To Everybody.

Yeah i miss it to ,worked 15 yrs putnam /alvan out of richfield,term sitting empty for awhile. Milan was in there but moved to cleveland when vitran bought them.been with abf since they closed,good company also.jvz still owns it. Good luck all peace