Holland | "Velocity terminal and driver" Please explain rules if any.

slipperysleuth

Tornadicthermalcyclogenesis, sorta..
Credits
seems like a free for all out here... throw Holland work rules out the window can anyone give me clarification?
Thanks

Thanks, but crossing conference lines and being in a different conference, would I be under my conference work rules or the foreign terminals conference work rules?
See, that's confusing. That's why the 1953 work rules, level playing field..
Right now they think anyone Open board or Bid is considered velocity going thru a velocity center.
There must be some language somewhere clarifying this.
Everyone is giving me different answers.. I would like to see it on paper.

I was understanding that turn bids going to a velocity terminal were considered velocity bids where the driver leaves his home terminal goes to a velocity terminal, works the dock there a few hours and returns back home.
On multiple bids to same terminal these bids are assigned start times, then at the velocity terminals drivers are dispatched back home on first in first out basis.

Thanks, but crossing conference lines and being in a different conference, would I be under my conference work rules or the foreign terminals conference work rules?
Right now they think anyone Open board or Bid is considered velocity going thru a velocity center.
They can force you to work trailer as kick or pick the trailer you bring in only, but you still hold your position on 1st in longest out. Check signin sheets to keep tabs on that. Rock Island is the worst one about running around open board drivers.
N3piPR1.jpg

Lj7tkmP.jpg

Last edited:
They can force you to work trailer as kick or pick the trailer you bring in only, but you still hold your position on 1st in longest out. Check signin sheets to keep tabs on that. Rock Island is the worst one about running around open board drivers.
N3piPR1.jpg

Lj7tkmP.jpg
There are more velocity mou's . Tyson really messed us over. So confusing and union won't fight it.

Found this a while back... might help someone someday
CPCpePj.jpg

Here's a blast frbefore the 11 hour driving rule

Here is an ancient relic from way back before the 11 hour driving rule and when Roadway was on it's own... yep, the good ole dayz... just FYI