SAIA | Vent thread

Demolitionman

TB Veteran
Credits
Thought I would start this. This is the place to discuss openly and vent without worry of backlash. I will hold mine until I can get on the laptop. Discuss....

Dunno. I was told he has supervisory experience, but never worked in trucking and Damn sure never worked the dock
How does that make sense? When a driver tells them they can close their own loads when the super gets busy and he says I appreciate it....that says a lot. Guess we sill have to use option 20 jk!

Oh I have so much to vent about on this guy I may have gotten him written up last night I'll be back after I eat this pizza!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

ok here goes he has only closed my loads before 3 am maybe 2 or 3 times since they moved me to his zone keep in mind my close time is 1:45 cut time is 2:15 (i have a 580 mile turn 606 when i go thrugh gvl) which is usually twice a week sometimes every day towards the end of the month. i never had this problem before only when they were waiting on lowes or gss from time to time. i have to stay on his a$$ constantly or i would run out of time and have to go to the motel.the other night i sat 1.5 hrs waiting on him to close it i had asked him about it twice he said ill be there in a min the third time i told him it was 3:05 am (if i dont leave by 3:45 i dont make it back to my yard ) i told him this and he said um oh well lets go close it (they had not put a piece of nothing on the trailer in that whole 1.5 hrs all he had to do was close it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1.5 hrs over NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! last night i left at 4:00am with 10,000 lbs the freight i was waiting on came off the trailer beside of mine that had been there all along!!!!!!!!!!!! i had 14 min left of my 14 and 14 min of drive time when i hit the yard this morning if i had gotten in any kind of back up ,weigh sation issue , or any little hiccup someone would have had to come get me on sat morning i would not be a happy camper!!!!!!!!i told his supervisor about it all and told him to do something about it and if my bills were not on the table at 1:45 monday that i would take it into my own hands and directly contact his boss and whoever else up the food chain that i had to to get it fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think they can even hire dock supervisors in HST or DLS region with dock experience much less with LTL background?

The new guy in that zone in ATL has supervisor experience, but not in trucking from what a dockworker told me. Seems they would take dock guys who excel at their job and promote them. I told him last Thursday that if I got there and my trailers were full, and he was busy I would just close them out. He thanked me lol.no one takes care of yourself like yourself.

True DM he had mine ready to go last night lol the dock super said the got up in his a$$ Friday night guess it done some good :-) first time I got back to the yard by 8 in a month

Different guy closing tonight. Dunno if v is off or what. The guy closing tonight is a normal dock worker, but anytime he filled in, has done a great job. No one ever thought of promoting him?

I told v's boss that it looked like he was gettin it done last night he said v don't work here no more

It's not just limited to Dock. Maintenance supervisor in CGO is a complete dumbass. And arrogant to boot. Just ask any driver who comes through.

Yeah they are getting more arrogant by the min like on sat mornings when you tell them there are no empties on the yard and they want to argue with you from 400 miles away and tell you there are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea called central and told them that no mty's on yard, was told to work 2 trls to get them. I had already run 500 miles informed them I didn't have hrs and whent to the motel.

Vnomics was down today so I ran paper logs like everyone else. I called later in the day for them to fix it and got some rigmarole. I waited on hold for 10 minutes for some pencil pusher to tell me that 300 drivers were calling in to get their logs fixed and they can't do them all, to have my terminal manager do it. TM told another driver to say he was busy and have central do it. I think I will throw it away, F-it!