SAIA | Vent thread

If VNOMICS is down I wouldn't run. Tough to explain at a scale when u have no record of the past week. It's your license and the Feds are watching

U can run...have to start paper log from when system went down....if they request a recap the company can fax it to them....it's perfectly legal

Hopefully you would only be put out of duty until the company gets the vnomics working or helps to provide the records to the DOT on your behalf.

US regulation 395.13 (b) (3) states:
"A driver failing only to have possession of a record of duty status current on
the day of examination and the prior day, but has completed records of duty status up to
that time (previous 6 days), will be given the opportunity to make the duty status record current."

Ok so let's play this out...it's 3 am and I get pulled into a scale. They want to see my days log. VNOMICS is down but I tell them that I'm legal...they are if course skeptical. They ask for the fax for my last six days. Who do I call? Who is responsible for sending that fax? And, what if I'm waiting for this fax and I run out of hours there or 150 miles from my destination? I know it's a lot of what ifs, but no one up to this On my way! Has been able to give me a consistent answer

I have to say this and I hope it isn't taken wrong...calling central should not be the first option. Long hold times (I have waited over an hour before), the chance to be ridiculed and talked to like a child by someone in Atlanta on a power trip, etc...doesn't sound like the best option in these situations. There has to be a better way. There is a better way. Management just refuses to address these issues.

Kinda leads to another rant I have...several years ago we were told that calls to central were being recorded to try to stop drivers from calling in and being rude. This was to have hard evidence against the driver to begin disciplinary action. It is my opinion that this should be a two way street. I have been yelled at, disrespected, and questioned on my judgment by central more times than I care to mention. Shouldn't central have some sort of standard when it comes to respect and tact when thy take a call?

They say that 800 number on the back of your id badge can get you to somebody to deal with the vnomics

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I'm still in the honeymoon stage...........As of now I have nothing to complain about...........The healthcare is the best in the business and the pay is very competitive......I will have to get back with you.

I'm in honeymoon stage too only thing I got is after hooking up my set took my 30 min break at HOU yard heading back to DAL my time was tight tried to dispatch myself and couldn't had to call central on hold for a good time only to find out they switched 1 of my trls instead of taking 2 pups to Dallas they wanted me to take a Dallas pup and a Denver pup so I had to break set and then hook up set again so that's 3 times I did either setting up set or breaking it down boy it was hot too.

The number on the badge will get you to vnomics help. It will be the third option in the phone menu with the first two having to do with help for an accident or work injury.

Wouldn't be bad if i was good as u pros out there and could back my lead trlr and gear at the same time and hook up to my rear trlr. I got to pull 1 of u over so yall can give me a quick lesson on that definitely will need it by winter time lol

Wouldn't be bad if i was good as u pros out there and could back my lead trlr and gear at the same time and hook up to my rear trlr. I got to pull 1 of u over so yall can give me a quick lesson on that definitely will need it by winter time lol
Your a pro renegaderider.....it just takes time. If you notice this forum for the most part is not very active and that's because there is very little to complain about.....Look at forums like Conway.....YRC......ABF.....They are lit up with activity........Especially Conway....Look at Southeastern as an example, it hardly ever gets a hit and that's because they take care of the employees.......Don't get me wrong there is BS everywhere but here at Saia it's kept to a bare minimum....And that speaks to the heart and soul of a company.

Your a pro renegaderider.....it just takes time. If you notice this forum for the most part is not very active and that's because there is very little to complain about.....Look at forums like Conway.....YRC......ABF.....They are lit up with activity........Especially Conway....Look at Southeastern as an example, it hardly ever gets a hit and that's because they take care of the employees.......Don't get me wrong there is BS everywhere but here at Saia it's kept to a bare minimum....And that speaks to the heart and soul of a company.

I would agree with that, you can always find something to complain about, but overall the Saia LH experience was not a bad one.

I'm in honeymoon stage too only thing I got is after hooking up my set took my 30 min break at HOU yard heading back to DAL my time was tight tried to dispatch myself and couldn't had to call central on hold for a good time only to find out they switched 1 of my trls instead of taking 2 pups to Dallas they wanted me to take a Dallas pup and a Denver pup so I had to break set and then hook up set again so that's 3 times I did either setting up set or breaking it down boy it was hot too.

I hope you made them pay you the extra D/H

Considering all the crap u guys have gone threw at vitran.....this place is Disney land

Considering all the crap u guys have gone threw at vitran.....this place is Disney land
You don't know how true that is........This place is paradise even on it's worst day. I know they say that in the LTL business they are all the same........Just different colors and names on the sides of the trucks. Let me assure you of one thing......That's simply not true.

I traded in a 31000 mile truck look good on the inside for a 05 truck with a million miles on it but I'm sorry i can't do them automatics I'm like a fish out of water just call me King Clutch cause I got to have 1 LOL

Renegade rider... Word of advice. Don't let management catch you backing a gear with a trailer. It's a safety violation and against policy. Great skill to have and when u are proficient it saves time. But it is a violation and you could run into a manager in a power trip