Reddaway | Vern De Mars Orange driver

Ice Rider

TB Veteran
Credits
Would everyone keep Vern in your prayers, he was involved in a terrible accident in Nevada and is hospitalized. I have seen pictures of his truck and it is amazing he survived at all! Thank you.

Every body likes Vern. He is the Ultimate Good Old Boy.

Info I got today is Vern had his neck fused in surgery on Sat. and he can move his arms and legs so no signs of paralysis.
Pic.s of the truck you would not think the driver could have survided.

I was sent a pic of a Reddaway Truck on my phone that chilled me to the bone.

Mr. De Mars and family are in my prayers.

(from a Denver Driver)

My family ane I will be praying for Vern's recovery. He brought me into USF Bestway years ago and while I am no longer their I am forever greatful to him for being a really good guy to a rookie driver. All the best Vern. Kwikie :thumbsup:

My name is Gina and I'am Vern's daughter. I wanted to update all of you on my Dad. We flew home from Vegas yesterday on a Medical Transport Plane into Long Beach and transfered to St. Jude Rehabilitation in Fullerton, CA. He is doing great considering what he has been thru the last week. His injuries consisted of a broken neck, nerve damage in his right hand and his spinal cord was almost severed. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. He has a long road of recovery ahead of him and will need all of the love and support he can get.

For those interested, my Dad is at St. Jude Medical Center Rehabilitation Unit 101 East Valencia Mesa Drive Fullerton CA 92835 Room# 274 (714) 871-3280. Please feel free to stop by and visit him or send well wishes.

I'll be sure to give a call.
Hope he gets back to normal.
Does anybody know if the warm and charitable hearts
at Reddaway who care so much about their employees
ruled this preventable or non-pre???????

Why turn this into another "management, employee thing? give it a F,ing break for once! when it is determined I am sure we will all know.

Chill :hyper:
I'm not turning into anything.
I would just like to know company policy on something as terrible as this.
All will not know, unless they ask, as everything here is a big secret.
I just have trouble seeing the big picture................... when they're always hiding it..............

I'm on the Vern's side of this more than obviously any of you will ever understand.
I see you haven't been around long enough to get the jist of what's going on,
so take your 8 posts, and get some seniority. :duel:

I started this thread so that everyone could pray for and wish Vern the best, there are a hundred threads to go to to bash the company, the union, the non union etc.... I had hoped this would serve one purpose, to show Vern that we all care about HIM. but it only took 10 posts to degenerate to our heartless company that does not care about us. Sad huh?
That is all I will say on the matter.

Another positive update... Some people from our terminal went to visit Vern, and the news was very surprising. Vern was able to walk a little bit, and besides having a neck brace, and having to keep his head straight during his healing, he looked great. You can't keep a good man down. Hope you continue to Heal fast Vern. ... Must be the Corn Bread

I would like to thank everyone for inquiring about my Dad. He is doing great and "walking" with a walker and getting stronger everyday. He still is very weak on his right side especially the hand. He cannot straighten out his fingers or hold anything yet. He has had to train his left hand to do what the right has been doing all his life. He is in pain, and gets very uncomfortable in one position for too long. His neck is healing well and will be wearing a neck brace for some time. He comes home on 29th and will then start out patient therapy. He has a strong sense of perseverance and determination to be back to 100% again and has a great sense of humor. He is blessed with so many friends and family and co-workers going to see him and he just lights up when someone walks into the room.
Thank you again for all the prayers.
Gina