Veto Overide on Keystone Fails

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bubba74, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

You've got that right. When the King took over in 2009, he told the Republicans to "get in the back of the bus", so it's been downhill ever since. He's the most divisive President in history. So you should despise him for it.

Hiballin and Bubba74 like this.
  2. fxstc07

fxstc07 Well-Known Member

Yea ... and without the pipeline, the Koch's don't make as many billions as they want.

3. fxstc07

Certainly can't work with you.
    It's your way or the highway.
    Even if it takes us backwards in technology and advancements.

4. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

You must mean that he can't work with the entire Republican party. I'm not in Washington fighting against this tyrant. And we should never elect people who can't work with the opposition party. And he made it perfectly clear that "he won" and it's his way or the highway. That's what caused the gridlock. Some people don't want a tyrannical Dictator running our country and have chosen to stand up against the tyranny.

5. fxstc07

Yes, all five of you on this board.

6. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

They make billions selling products we want to buy employing 10's of thousands with good jobs, what have you accomplished lately?

Hiballin likes this.
  7. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

shorter equals more efficient, thus lower cost

this is like that whole Halliburton argument, if the company can build it, and they can follow US codes, let them. Better them than some middle eastern pipeline company
    The Canadian govt is all for it, our myoptic administration refuses to get this thing done. Like the morons that protested the Alaskan pipeline because it would hurt the Caribou only to have Caribou populations increase because they used the heat to mate.

more product in the market place leads to lower prices (supply and demand)
    It would be cheaper to sell it here rather than transport it all over the world.
    As for the waste and pollution, rather dispose of it here than have the Chinese dispose of it by dumping it into the ocean.

what constitutes a good profit?
    5%, 10%, 20%, etc.......
    what is a good profit?
    who is to decide what a good profit is?
    Barry?

A man that never ran anything in his life or worked a day in the private sector, signed the front of a paycheck, is he too determine what a good profit is.
    Furthermore, just because you are profitable one year does not mean you will be the next. Or the years with turning no profit.
    By the way, legal services had almost a 20% profit last year, the most profitable industry, too much?

sorry those are facts

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickung...he-reagan-economy-its-literally-no-contest/2/

my dad was a home builder during this time, he built 1 house in 1980 (thank you Jimmy with your 22% interest rates) , by 1986 he build almost 80. Went from near bankrupt to thriving
    Trickle down, he hired tradesman. He does not build those people don't have jobs. Trickle down works a heck of a lot better than the lefts trickle up.

Northern Flash and SuperCourse like this.
  8. fxstc07

And what have you done today ?
    The Koch remark was in direct reply to another remark made about Warren Buffet. Follow along ... if you can.

9. fxstc07

Sure. We all know it will benefit the company the most. The landowners, the environment, not so much.
    I don't see any correlation between Halliburton and TransCanada.
    All I see is a foreign company marching across United States land and forcing some landowners to sell their property, even if they don't want to sell.
    Wait ... more product here ?
    We already have the largest supply this country has ever had in the last 80 years.
    Oil will sell to the highest bidder. Big oil does not wave the flag of patriotism. It's all about profits ...remember, even you keep telling me that.
    Now you want to dispose of the waste and pollution here, but you don't want those stringent EPA rules to be used ? You have complained they are too costly for what they do.
    Then you mention the chinese dumping. Have you seen their air ? Of course you have. That's what we will have if we relax EPA rules on pollution, as you commented on too many rules versus cost and effectiveness.
    Which do you want ?
    Profits are like a corporate tax return ... full of lies, smoke, innuendos and paperwork with disappearing ink.
    I do know the most profitable corporation however ... big oil.
    No ... they are personal opinions, like mine.
    Your family did well, mine did not.
    I know plenty of people that suffered ... I am sure you know plenty that prospered.

10. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

if there is no benefit to the company, then the company would not do it.
    if the company cannot profit from its endeavor then it will not proceed.
    Case in point, Barry Care is hurting the pharma industry because they want to limit how much profit can be made on drugs. Bringing new drugs to market costs hundreds of millions of dollars in R&D, if they cannot profit, they wont do it.

it is highly specialized, very few companies do that type of work.
    Halliburton and a French company were the only two capable of fixing the oil wells in Iraq
    Trans Canada is specialized as well
    the correlation is fine.

you really don't understand how supply and demand works do you?

yes, I have been to China.
    Tiananmen Square is about a square mile the day we visited it, you could not see from one side to the other due to the smog
    We would responsibly dispose of the waste, them I don't think so.

Are you talking specific company or most profitable industry,
    if industry, it was legal
    if company, the most profitable American company was Apple

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/20-most-profitable-companies-world-175534730.html

mathematically, and historically, the 1980's was better than today

11. fxstc07

Pharma makes profits, it's just that they make the most here due to the healthcare / insurance industry collusion.
    Case in point. Same drugs sold here can be purchased in "another" country for half the cost, in some cases, over the counter.
    Personal note. A drug that has been used for a severe autoimmune disease, approved for use in 1998, still costs $26,000. per infusion.
    This disease has over 2 million people affected in the US. However, the drug can be used for cancers and organ transplants.
    Why the high cost ? Because the insurance industry will pay a portion. It's one of the most popular types of "new" drugs. And while we, in the USA, pay a high cost for this drug, it can be had for 1/3 the cost in other countries.
    Then, you have pharma "helping" patients with a program to assist them in the costs.
    In other words, charge a high cost to the insurance company. Bargain that price down with "adjustments" to the bill. then provide the end user with "assistance".
    Why the need to play games. Charge a fair and reasonable price and stop the stupid games of "adjustments" and "assistance" and different pricing in different countries.
    Specialty ?
    No ... I counted over 40 different pipeline companies in business within the US with operational lines today.
    TransCanada wants that line for Canada tar sands oil and the proposed XL is a shorter route.
    You know ... it's all about profits.
    Yes, I do.
    Not that hard to understand an over abundance of supply and no demand.
    Why ?
    Because we have learned to conserve a little and produce vehicles that consume less.
    Stupid EPA rules ... damn things keep getting in the way of profits.
    You are right. We would have to dispose of the waste properly. But you ( and a few others ) don't like the laws placing restrictions on the corporations mandating less pollution.
    Yes, you are correct with Apple.
    Followed by oil ( Exxon & Chevron ) and banking ( Well Fargo & Chase ).
    Can you really trust the accounting of any of those large firms ?
    As for the most "profitable" industry. I don't know your source but I found this one.
    Yes, the Financial Investment industry.
    Those that make money while trading your money without using their own money ...
    http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/20-most-profitable-industries-in-america-321797/

Just like today ... some will disagree.
    I am doing much better today then I was in the mid 1980's.
    I am doing much better then I was in 2007 too.
    Opinions.

12. SuperCourse

i kant your to smot for me like thay say a room full of liberals is full of the smotest peeple in the room

13. fxstc07

You have proved my point.
    You have joined the diplomats, scholars, lawyers on this board, and now you are doing comedy.

14. Hiballin

Hiballin Active Member

15. fxstc07

Yes, actually I do know that. It's called an accident. Just like the rail cars that break, derail, overturn, etc., it's an accident.
    The point being that a pipeline will leak at some point, either by accident or deterioration of the structure, pipe, etc.
    No means of transporting oil is 100% safe.
    The pipeline is about profits for big oil.
    It's not about jobs.
    It's not about energy independence.
    It is simply about the corporations desire to profit, at the expense of the landowners and the environment.

16. SuperCourse

17. SuperCourse

18. SuperCourse

19. SuperCourse

20. SuperCourse

[​IMG]