Veto Overide on Keystone Fails

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bubba74, Mar 4, 2015.

1. fxstc07

fxstc07 Well-Known Member

Amazing pictures of rail accidents.
    Maybe a story behind the pictures would help explain what you have showed us.

This story explains pipeline accidents in the US, just over a few year period.
    An average of 1.6 incidents a day.

[​IMG]

Another look at the statistics show 52 deaths and 235 injuries.

Pictures are great, facts are better. Death and injury's will happen with either mode of oil / gas transportation.
    Mos of us have already agreed no matter what way you move the product, accidents will happen.

http://www.fractracker.org/2013/04/us-pipelines-average-incidents-are-a-daily-occurrence/

2. Hiballin

Hiballin Active Member

Without profits the companies would not hire people to work. So sounds to me it would be about jobs. Maybe we need to stop using all products made from oil.

3. fxstc07

If it's about jobs, then why not require the use of American made pipe ?
    That's jobs for the American citizens, isn't it ?
    Besides, after it's built only 50 full time jobs will remain.
    Is it about jobs ... or profits for big oil ?

4. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

So has Obama released any plans for new pipelines to safely move our oil, his deal about Keystone is it moves Canadian oil and only benefit is temporary jobs for Americans, but one would think that a compassionate brilliant Harvard grad who's sole concern is the economic vitality, safety and well being of the American people would be on the forefront of bringing about the means to move the oil in this country in a safer manner than the trains which have been blowing up at an alarming rate on over stressed tracks, I mean jeepers, unlike most pipelines, these rolling powder kegs are rolling through populated communities, causing death, untold damage, pollution, and not only that but many many farmers are suffering expense and delays in moving crops, causing them to spend more of that huge farm bill money allocated to them on transportation, also costing the other rail users more and that is costing the endeared American people much more in commodity costs, but I suppose with the big huge new job numbers finding enough workers to build safer pipelines would be hard,................... that and uh "wink wink" Steyers and Warren split his green fees.

5. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

6. Northern Flash

Northern Flash OBAMA'S CREATION.

You are so fixated on your hatred for corporations and profits that you refuse to realize that every one of these large corporations are operated with American employees. Your hatred blinds you from the reality. Just like Shell for example. I lived near a massive Shell Oil facility years ago. They employed a large amount of the community. Yet, you don't want them to profit. It makes no sense because their "profits" are what keep them in the area, which stimulates the entire economy.

You always imply that we want dirty air and water, which is ridiculous. And if you think that there aren't thousands of foolish regulations that are made up to milk money out of companies........clearly you need to get out more often. (Or run your own business and you'll see it for yourself.) Nobody is against clean air and water, but the EPA standards are nothing more than a money grab to support their own department, and the excessive regulations are the ones that put businesses out of business. The little guy can't afford these ridiculous regulations, so they fold, yet you hate large corporations. But the big Corporations are the only ones that survive these regulations. Your outlook makes no sense.

7. Northern Flash

Yep. Those dirty rotten corporations and their profits. Evil.....pure evil. They should just borrow money from China like our Govt. does to pay their employees and for research and development. Why profit when you can just borrow more money? I wonder if your employer would have kept your paycheck rolling if they weren't profiting.

8. Northern Flash

Here we go again. The conversation has come full circle. Now we're back to the American made pipe again. You can make all of the excuses in the world for not building the pipeline, but you've already admitted that you won't support the pipeline with or without American made pipe.
    Just admit that you are a radial leftist, and most of your posts will make more sense.

9. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

the govt cannot force people to buy a product

unless of course that product is health insurance

10. Northern Flash

If the forcing of the citizens to buy a product fits their agenda.........anything goes.

11. fxstc07

I guess you didn't bother to read the link I provided in post #81 ?
    This country has an average of 1.6 pipeline incidents per day !
    Train accidents happen, but not at that rate.
    You can attempt to point some blame that Obama hasn't done anything on safety ... but that's just a diversion.
    The fact is, the majority of those leaks aren't even found by the pipeline companies. They are found by average citizens and farmers in their fields.
    Here, read the story in the link and inform yourself.

http://www.fractracker.org/2013/04/us-pipelines-average-incidents-are-a-daily-occurrence/

12. fxstc07

Should I go back and find the post where I stated, if they use American made pipe ( American jobs ) and forbid the sale of the crude on the open market, or sell globally ( energy independence ) I would agree.
    Go back and look, I said that.
    Again, it's not about jobs or energy independence ... it's just purely about big oil, profits and power.
    Go ahead and admit it, your a radical right winger ... but wait, we already know it.

13. a9faninnc

14. Northern Flash

Yep. I know you did. That's exactly what you said. But the problem is that you have to throw in the "forbid the sale of the crude on the open market, or sell globally ( energy independence )" part of it. What about us being a "global economy". That don't apply when it comes to oil hey?

The jobs and energy independence comes as a by-product of that evil "profit" for the corporations. You can't have jobs without the profit also. You can't have it both ways.

15. fxstc07

Must be an assumption on your part.
    Show me where I said i hate corporations. You won't find it.
    Profits are great, excessive profits while polluting the air and water is what I don't like.
    While those corporations you mention ( Shell ) employes American workers, where does the majority of the profit go ?
    Here:
    I don't purchase Shell products ( which are overpriced in my area ) for this reason.
    I complained that TransCanada is foreign owned and was told it's better then some middle east company doing the work.
    Then you turn around and say that about Shell.
    You are clueless.
    If you wanted the American people to continue to have clean air and water, then you wouldn't be saying some rules and regulations are a "money grab". What a dumb statement.
    Those comments aren't even worth the reply.
    Give the corporations an inch and they will take a mile.
    The air and water is cleaner now then before the rules and regs. That is proof it works.

16. Northern Flash

I'd rather you consider me a "bitter clinger". One of those bastards that clings to their God, guns, and religion.
    But radical right winger is close enough I guess, since it means the same to you leftist. God forbid that someone lives for the freedoms that they've been allowed. Shame on me.

17. fxstc07

ENERGY INDEPENDENCE ... that is what this pipeline will do, as you and others have stated, correct ?
    Well if that oil is sold on the open market, we don't get any, or very little, then where does that energy independence come from ?
    So now you want to twist the whole thing and say the "global economy" words.
    We can have clean air and water. The corporations can continue to abide with the EPA rules and use some of that evil "profit", as you say.

18. a9faninnc

This administration has bred radical right wingers.

19. fxstc07

Funny statement there.
    You might be surprised to know most of the people you refer to as "leftists" also go to church regularly, believe in God and have a few guns too.
    Again, you are blinded by the radical right wing propaganda.

20. fxstc07

Your own mind, and the force fed propaganda, has allowed you to become "radicalized".