Veto Overide on Keystone Fails

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bubba74, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Of course you won't come right out and say it, but every one of your posts on the topic prove that that's your way of thinking.

Your way of thinking is shallow. You only look at the profit that the company ends up with. You ignore the "profit" that each employee puts in their pocket, and the "profit" that ends up in the local businesses pocket.

I agree, it does work and has worked. But when is enough enough? We agree that it's been successful, but you like the excessive regulations that put a choke hold on the businesses and kill off companies. I don't. Leave the regulations that are currently in place alone. They're doing just fine with improving the water and air. Tear up Obama's latest regulations since the current ones are working.

2. Northern Flash

And vote like total hypocrites.

3. fxstc07

fxstc07 Well-Known Member

Wrong. Never said it.
    You just assumed, which shows you a very shallow thinker.
    Wrong. I look at those excess profits some corporations make while attempting to thwart their responsibility to clean the air and water that they have polluted while reaping excessive profits.
    I won't profess to knowing all about the EPA rules or how the corporations may have learned to circumvent those rules.
    Current rules did work. But times change, corporations use an extensive army of lawyers and consultants in order to find ways around rules and regulations.
    Currently, corporations are extremely profitable. Can't deny that. So how has the past regulations affected that ?
    It hasn't.

4. fxstc07

Now your saying shouldn't vote how they feel.
    Would you like to vote for everyone ? Would that make you feel better ?

5. Northern Flash

So you admit that things have improved a great deal with the current EPA regulations, but since the corporations have still figured out how to profit anyway.......you want more. It never ends with you profit haters.

I don't know all of the EPA rules either, but I know how the excessive (and ridiculous) regulations have cost me a pile of money over the years, trying to comply.

So if the current rules "DID" work, as you yourself said, why not leave well enough alone?

They've made adjustment to follow the regulations and still make a profit, but now you profit haters want more.

6. Northern Flash

I'm talking about the hypocrisy from the church goers.

No. Not really. But I'd like people to quit living like fraudsters. Go to church as though they are a die-hard, yet vote against everything that the church preaches to them. It's called hypocrisy in my opinion.

7. fxstc07

I don't want more, I want clean air and water.
    Your the one complaining about too many rules and new regulations.
    Rather have dirty water and contaminated soil to grow the food you eat ?
    As I said, the corporations have changed how they pollute our Earth. Manufacturing has changed how it's pollutes the air and water and soil.
    In general, what worked 20 years may not work as well today. You must adapt and change with the times, or you will be left in yesterday.
    I love profits. Everybody loves to profit. Making profits means you must adapt, and continue to change as the world changes.
    The corporations are doing just fine. A look at the market will tell you most are sitting on massive reserves of cash.
    If they must pay more to keep our world clean, so be it.

8. Northern Flash

Yes. Yes. Yes indeed. And I also want granny eating dog food.

Since you even said that things are much better now when it comes to clean air and water, why do you support more regulations? The answer is obvious. Your bloated Govt. (EPA) wants to expand their control and size, and when the company's can still profit, you see those deep pockets.

9. fxstc07

Yes, I feel sorry for those poor cash hoarding corporations.
    I really do.
    I support the need to stay current with the changing times.
    If that requires more rules to keep our air and water clean, so be it.

10. fxstc07

And you don't think that goes both ways ?
    See above statement ... that goes both ways.

11. Northern Flash

I know that you like to disagree with everything that I post, but I never said anything about party affiliation with my "church goers" comment.
    Both sides are hypocrites, and I have multiple examples to prove it. One of my old acquaintances was a church goer and told everyone about it constantly, and he was the most crooked, back stabbing pos that I've ever met. And he was a die-hard conservative. That's hypocrisy. I never said that it doesn't exist on both sides. You just implied it.

Another old friend of mine was a die-hard leftist and Catholic, but chose to ignore the abortion issue when voting for his Democrats.

12. Northern Flash

Come here you big :censored:, I think that we actually agree that religious hypocrisy come from both sides of the isle. Give Uncle Flash a big hug.

:grouphug:

:biglaugh:

13. fxstc07

You are right ... I did misconstrue your statement.
    Hypocrites reside within all factions of American religion and politics.

14. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

Heres a clue don't take for "gospel" anything that comes from a "dot org" or from something called an "alliance" but more importantly from a article that last line is "and for the most part, the data seemed fairly reliable", you gotta be kidding me, seemed and fairly, "seemed like the data fit our agenda fairly well."

15. Northern Flash

And I'm sick of it. I have less respect for a religious hypocrite than I have for someone who doesn't even attend a church.

16. fxstc07

It is going on reported pipeline incidents, not guesses.
    Where do you get your totally reliable and factual information ?
    How about this link.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pipeline_accidents_in_the_United_States_in_the_21st_century

17. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

What was not factual or total reliable in my post, that far too much oil on rails is over stressing the system, that rails often run through populated areas, that Obama feels that its only a win/win for Canada, that a fellow as smart as Obama should be able to come up with a solution that eases dependence on rails and makes pipelines safer, that oil on rails is having an effect on other shippers and consumers costs, that safer new pipelines should be explored, or that Steyer and Buffett have thrown money Barry's way. I'm done, besides I'm already bored on this topic,you pretty much already covered it all on the social security thread.

18. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

1.6 pipeline incidents per year may be true but what you don't mention is the amount spilled in each incident. 79% of all pipeline spill incidents are below 50 barrels, 96% of all pipeline incidents are below 1000 barrels, a rail tank car holds 740 barrels(some as much as 1500), a 110 car train carries 81,000 barrels using the lower 740 capacity.

19. fxstc07

Statistics are good, estimates are not.
    With a rail car that leaks or loses it's entire capacity, you know the actual amount.
    With a pipeline leak, it is only an estimate based on how much the line carries per day and an approximate amount of time it was leaking.
    From what I see, just two reported leaks alone, this January, contributed 66,000 barrels to the environmental pollution.
    The other "incidents" don't mention how much leaked, only fires and explosions.
    So again, what about the leaks that are not found immediately and have leaked for some time before discovery.
    Most pipeline leaks are found "by accident" or in the case I just read, by seeing bubbles coming from marsh land where the pipeline ran under it.

20. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

is it to "find ways around" or to understand the tens of thousands of pages of regulations (plus the new thousands of pages Barry has unleashed)
    God help you if you are not in compliance, the costs are astronomical

http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/27/epa-costs-us-economy-353-billion-per-year/