TForce | Victory for all Overnite workers and Teamsters!

Flattop

TB Lurker
Credits
Today at the Teamster Convention in Las Vegas, General President Hoffa anounced that UPS has agreed to card check recognition, and also agreed to remain neutral. This is a huge victory for all concerned. This simply means that all a terminal needs is 51% of employees to sign cards for representation. UPS then agrees to recognize the Teamsters as their bargaining agent. No vote needed at all. And no intimidation tactics. As someone who spent countless time and considerable personal expense at variouse Overnite terminals during our last campaign, this news could'nt be any better. Finally those courageous workers that stayed the course and stuck it through will get their just reward. I can't help but laugh at what the look on Leo's face must have been when UPS told him the news.

Card-Check Agreement Boosts Organizing Campaign at Former Overnite

(Las Vegas) – Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa announced today that the union has won a card-check agreement at UPS Freight, providing a major boost to the Teamsters' organizing efforts at the former Overnite Transportation. Union leaders have been pursuing with UPS the negotiation of an organizing agreement since UPS bought Overnite last year.

"We have been working hard on winning UPS Freight workers a strong voice on the job," Hoffa announced at the Teamsters 27th International Convention in Las Vegas. "Our ongoing member mobilization and education drive at UPS Freight helped accelerate this historic victory. UPS Freight workers all over the country are telling UPS and freight members that they want to be Teamsters. Our members in the Parcel and Small Package Division and the Freight Division deserve much of the credit."
read more here

i still say let ups have a little more time. they still have all of the old ovnt mgr's and nothing is going to get better till they do something with that.

i thought when ups took over there would be some rules followed by one and all. NOT, same old stuff just a different name. you think the union is the answer? no still the same mgr and the can't change that. ups has too.

I can assure you with a contract backing you, you can change the foremans viewpoint or change the foreman. Seen it happen at Roadway.

Johnnybegood said:
This means nothing..............Propaganda....
Johnnyboy,
You're wishfull thinking again. This is a major development in the process of getting UPSF in the Teamsters. The door has been opened.......sign those cards....you'll be glad you did.

leo ,,,who?????

I will sign a card today ,,,,,,,,,now,,,,that is 51% of drivers,dock and shop at each terminal how about clerks? :cool:

wtfcares said:
i still say let ups have a little more time. they still have all of the old ovnt mgr's and nothing is going to get better till they do something with that.
Their time has almost run out. They have managed to **** off alot of employees. Unless they make major changes on all the issues NOW, there will be a contract!!!!!!!!!!

wtfcares said:
Keep in mind, more has to be done than just replacing "O" managers. If they were to replace all "O" managers do you think this would change the issues? Overtime, Sick time, Weather, Breakdown, Delay pay, Seniority, All new managers will still follow the upsf policy & rule books, Which gives them the power to do what ever they want if it is to benefit their terminal.

mud-flap said:
I will sign a card today ,,,,,,,,,now,,,,that is 51% of drivers,dock and shop at each terminal how about clerks? :cool:

Good question, Mudflap. I would assume it is still to be determined just who is in the bargining unit.

Were the clerks included in the last organizing effort?

Look before Leep! I just hope they negotiate a strong contract. and not some bullbutter sweet heart deal. I walk a mile with a fellow parcel driver before I sign a card for the master freight agreement.

pgh1994 said:
Look before Leep! I just hope they negotiate a strong contract. and not some bullbutter sweet heart deal. I walk a mile with a fellow parcel driver before I sign a card for the master freight agreement.
What have you done to get the cream of the crop.:nutkick: