TForce | Victory for all Overnite workers and Teamsters!

BusterNite said:
Keep in mind, more has to be done than just replacing "O" managers. If they were to replace all "O" managers do you think this would change the issues? Overtime, Sick time, Weather, Breakdown, Delay pay, Seniority, All new managers will still follow the upsf policy & rule books, Which gives them the power to do what ever they want if it is to benefit their terminal.

With a collective bargaining agreement the company will have to go by the terms of the contract and most of the BS in the policy/rulebook will not apply.And you can file a greviance against them if they abuse their power. sign the cards

Mike01 said:
Good question, Mudflap. I would assume it is still to be determined just who is in the bargining unit.

Were the clerks included in the last organizing effort?
We have some terminals whos clerical are teamsters and most are not, I'd assume its their choice, but who knows.

The company was never 100% union free,at MC/Reno we are still Teamsters and deserve a better contract.
Here is a disclaimer on our handbooks.
"Certain statements in this handbook maybe different with provisions of the existing collective bargaining agreements. In these instances, the terms of the collective bargaining agreement will apply for those union employees subject to it."
We are part of UPS now and deserve better wages, benefits and working conditions.
And put it in a contract.

Valerie said:
I have a question. What if someone does not sign a card even if their terminal goes union?
It's just like war if you live in a Right To Work state. All get to enjoy the benifits but few join the military. I THINK if one does not join they have to go by the UNION work rules.

pgh1994 said:
Look before Leep! I just hope they negotiate a strong contract. and not some bullbutter sweet heart deal. I walk a mile with a fellow parcel driver before I sign a card for the master freight agreement.

There is no way we will be in the parcel agreement.
We will be in the freight agreement because we are a freight company.
I just hope anyone that signs a card isn't doing so thinking we will make UPS wages.
Alot of people think since we are owned by brown,we should be paid like brown...so don't sign the card thinking we will be getting rich.

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
There is no way we will be in the parcel agreement.
We will be in the freight agreement because we are a freight company.
I just hope anyone that signs a card isn't doing so thinking we will make UPS wages.
Alot of people think since we are owned by brown,we should be paid like brown...so don't sign the card thinking we will be getting rich.
Ya but we deifinatey won't be getting %^$&^ like we are working for "O"

Valerie said:
I am pretty sure the TN is a right to work state.
The right to work simply means that if you work under a union contract you may not have to pay part of your union dues that is not directly associated with the maintenance of the bargaining contract.
In other words, you may opt out of a portion of your dues.
If you work in a union shop, receive union benefits, ( wages, medical and pension ) then you are obligated to pay part of your dues related to the contract.
A contract protects all people in writing. Do what is best for your family, secure a better future,
UPS is the future of shipping and transportation .... you deserve a contract so you can provide a stable environment and future for yourself.

Johnnybegood said:
I believe depending on the state you might have to be a union employee...Fair huh....
You sir, can always leave and work someplace else. Either that, or return the part of the wage and benifit package you'll receive under a union contract .... that seems fair.

mossbackman said:
and what is it that places us in the NMFA automaticaly. We do haul freight but we work for UPS Too.
GLAD TO BE is right there moss, all we really wanted is to have what we had taken back. To be under NMFA would be that and alot more. I've known pretty much all along that it would be NMFA, and I don't expect anything more. To be under the parcel contract takes alot of hard work and patience, and in some cases being recruited out of college, in my ex-wifes case and start at the bottom. But then there's ex-Emery world wide employees that from what I hear, will be under Parcel contract in 2008. Correct me if I am wrong.

This is HUGE news
:bgroovy: :bgroovy:

This means UPS WILL NOT fight the organizing drive and is willing to sit down with the Teamsters and negotiate a contract.

This a major victory for all UPSF employees whether you realize it or not.

Congratulations everyone, You all deserve this

CFer said:
This is HUGE news

This means UPS WILL NOT fight the organizing drive and is willing to sit down with the Teamsters and negotiate a contract.

I ain't celebrating til I get a stack of cards to pass out. We got a hellava chance and I ain't waitin for them to come to me but AAAAGGGGHHHHH where are the cards !!!

mossbackman said:
I ain't celebrating til I get a stack of cards to pass out. We got a hellava chance and I ain't waitin for them to come to me but AAAAGGGGHHHHH where are the cards !!!

Be patient mossbackman. The union has had the door opened to them by UPS and they are not gonna make any mistakes and rush into this without having all their ducks lined up.

CFer said:
This is HUGE news

Thanks most of that work here can see the light at the end of the tunnel