TForce | Victory for all Overnite workers and Teamsters!

I don't have a horse in this but it would seem that both sides or should I say all sides should be on the same page and team, otherwise there will be continuous conflict and turmoil between all involved.

Does that make sense to anyone other than just me??

FM

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
There is no way we will be in the parcel agreement.
We will be in the freight agreement because we are a freight company.
I just hope anyone that signs a card isn't doing so thinking we will make UPS wages.
Alot of people think since we are owned by brown,we should be paid like brown...so don't sign the card thinking we will be getting rich.
Pay scale has never been the issue. In the past or now!

mud-flap said:
I will sign a card today ,,,,,,,,,now,,,,that is 51% of drivers,dock and shop at each terminal how about clerks? :cool:

51% of those who are elegible to be in the bargaining unit. Orignally, it was Road, City and Dock works (Fulltime/Partime)

This would be a good time to include the Mechanics and Office Clericals in the unit though if it was me doing it!...............KK

REMEMBER..........there will be NO ELECTION............51% sign cards............Your union is in and the bargaging begins!.......KK

Clerks are not included according to my TM. I'm not sure why everyone thinks that we will be NMFA. Does not the "Menlo" drivers belong to the union and they are not part of NMFA. My TM said that if you sign a card, it is the same as voting "yes". There will not be a secret ballot as in the past. Signing a card is the same as voting "yes" in an election.

Familyman said:
I don't have a horse in this but it would seem that both sides or should I say all sides should be on the same page and team, otherwise there will be continuous conflict and turmoil between all involved.

FM
You always make sense driver....Thats why you da man!!!!

bamaboy said:
Clerks are not included according to my TM. I'm not sure why everyone thinks that we will be NMFA. Does not the "Menlo" drivers belong to the union and they are not part of NMFA. My TM said that if you sign a card, it is the same as voting "yes". There will not be a secret ballot as in the past. Signing a card is the same as voting "yes" in an election.
Kinda got the same feeling.....Told us NOT to sign anything unless we know what it is.....A piece of paper that gives me........You all fill in the rest.

Flattop said:
The plan as I understand it is for the International to target one terminal, system wide. They will then get the cards signed and turned in to UPS. Then they will sit down and negotiate a contract for that terminal. After they have an agreement they will then go to other terminals for more card checks. That way every terminal (except the first) will know what agreement they are signing on to. My guess would be that this process would be more organized and less volatile for the company. Also keep in mind that UPS at the same time agreed to open up early negotiations for the small package side. I can't imagine that they would want a major fight with freight, at the same time they are negotiating the contract for package.

flattop, Thaks for the great explanation of how the organizing drive will work. You nailed it:1036316054:

clutchcargo said:
Hold on boys. We had our meeting today with the letter from Leo. The agrement only applyies to the first terminal who gets 51%.

At this time the agrement is null and void.

UPSF can and will start to have their anti-union meetings and go back to their same old BS in the past.

Again!!!!!!! The agrement is only good for the first terminal who gets 51%

After that there is no agrement!!!!!!!!!!

CC, nowhere in the press release does it say anything even close to that. Once the Teamsters have the first terminal on board they will negotiate a contract there and it will spread from there.
Perhaps this is where the confusion came from

bamaboy said:
The Menlo drivers, according to a UPS Feeder Driver, are Teamsters and have their own contract not part of NMFA.

Guys, Be careful what you sign. There is such a thing as a paper contract.

Part of USF Bestway is union and they are not NMFA, they are on a paper contract that only applies to USF Bestway. It sucks, Unoin guys actually earn less money than non union guys?

Just be careful.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Familyman said:

FM
Never happen........:duh:

Familyman said:

FM

I agree! I just hope the people that are interested in this use the heads and listen to what they(Teamsters) can offer. I've not seen any gaurantee, so I can't see signing anything till then. Once again, look before you leap!! And use your head!! If it was perfect there would be more Teamsters, Not Less...

Skeeter said:
Funny how guys that don't even work at UPSF are pushing for us to go union but won't try at their on company. :duh:
If ya got something to say just say it, don't beat around the bush....... sheeehsh

I guess you think all the employees (you included) going at one another on a daily basis is good for your co??

And the animosity by your fellow UPSers at Parcel?? Does this make for a co that is poised to concentrate on the competition as one or are they wondering about their fellow employee?

Do what you will, as long as you guys keep fighting feuding and arguing ALL the rest are working on the same page to move further down the road.......... good luck.

Of course you could always convince all the original UPSers that they have been wrong and don't need the Teamsters, then you'll all be one big happy family..... yeah that'll happen.

It doesn't matter to me if you guys are union or not, really it doesn't, but even a fool like me can see all this infighting is just hurting yourselves, so by all means, carry-on.

FM

Familyman said:
If ya got something to say just say it, don't beat around the bush....... sheeehsh

I guess you think all the employees (you included) going at one another on a daily basis is good for your co??

And the animosity by your fellow UPSers at Parcel?? Does this make for a co that is poised to concentrate on the competition as one or are they wondering about their fellow employee?

Do what you will, as long as you guys keep fighting feuding and arguing ALL the rest are working on the same page to move further down the road.......... good luck.

Of course you could always convince all the original UPSers that they have been wrong and don't need the Teamsters, then you'll all be one big happy family..... yeah that'll happen.

It doesn't matter to me if you guys are union or not, really it doesn't, but even a fool like me can see all this infighting is just hurting yourselves, so by all means, carry-on.

FM
Well I agree, basic company tactics are to put the employees against each other:duh:

Familyman said:

FM
Well maybe you should move further down the road... to the fedex forum. We all know your a "moderator" and you been here longer than I but maybe if we did not have any interference from the outside carriers' employees we might find some common ground with eachother. We don't need you telling us how your " moving further down the road" and were not. We have major changes going on here, just in the west were trying to merge 2 companys in 11 of the western states, not just changing the name. Its definitely going to be rough, and these boards are only a small fraction of employees opinions as one of my fellow employee has stated in the past. We are not feuding at terminals in the day to day op's with the exception of a few incidents, I'm being treated well by ex-ovnt employees so far and don't expect to be treated any differently in the future. These boards in my case are for info which I have recieved alot of info from, and a place to vent now and then. This is the way I feel about what's going but there is no way that I'm going to be feuding or fighting with others in my day to day work.