TForce | Victory for all Overnite workers and Teamsters!

just remember if we don't vote in the IBt they will send their thugs after us....

I say.. BRING IT ON IBT.. APWA is whats right for me and my family, and I am not afraid of any IBT thugs

I've recently attended an APWA meeting. I was very impressed, and so are alot of other upsf employees. APWA's support is growing everyday! I agree with you southerngrits!!

browser321 said:
You shouldn't be worries about grievences, but about your health care and pension plan. The IBT just wants your money.
You are wrong. You don't know what you are talking about. God gave you 2 ears and only one moulth so you can listen twice as much as you talk.
:Bondage: :wtflol: :chairshot:

southerngrits said:
just remember if we don't vote in the IBt they will send their thugs after us....

I say.. BRING IT ON IBT.. APWA is whats right for me and my family, and I am not afraid of any IBT thugs

Are you kidding?

I noticed a little while back the teamsters were outside the gate at the hrs terminal handing out literature about the IBT. I thought that wasn't supposed to happen until a contract was agreed upon in indy!!

bulldog425 said:
I noticed a little while back the teamsters were outside the gate at the hrs terminal handing out literature about the IBT. I thought that wasn't supposed to happen until a contract was agreed upon in indy!!

I actually heard it was the machinist union outside the gate...trying to get the dockworkers to sign with them.

Flattop said:
brownoser321, nothing could be further from the truth and I suspect you know it. The IBT has no interest in doing anything but bettering your health and welfare and working conditions. If we screwed you all over, do you think we would have any luck organizing anyone else? You all will be the model to which all others are judging. We know this, UPS knows this, and you should know it also.

brownoser? That's not funny.:hysterical:

It's pretty pathetic that anyone would want a subpar union. If the APWA was a real player and stood for anything substainial, then UPS would have come to an agreement with them to sit down to talk. It's sad that the APWA leaches off the back of the IBT to obtain there membership. That should make you think about what you may be getting into. There is strength in membership. And the APWA doesn't have any!!

hobo said:
If and when you sign a card. Let the union reps know that we EXPECT to be included in the UPS EARLY CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS. anything less is unacceptable. dont let anyone tell you convince you that we have to go with the nfa. WE DO NOT HAVE TO GO WITH THE NFA. WE ARE UPS ONE COMPANY, ONE UNION, ONE CONTRACT
Did you have 200 stops today with that big truck????

bulldog425 said:
I've recently attended an APWA meeting. I was very impressed, and so are alot of other upsf employees. APWA's support is growing everyday! I agree with you southerngrits!!
Its easy to be impressed when someone is trying to sell you something. But where are the facts?

hugnlug said:
It's pretty pathetic that anyone would want a subpar union. If the APWA was a real player and stood for anything substainial, then UPS would have come to an agreement with them to sit down to talk. It's sad that the APWA leaches off the back of the IBT to obtain there membership. That should make you think about what you may be getting into. There is strength in membership. And the APWA doesn't have any!!

did the teamsters have membership when they started.... hhmmm I think not, it took years to become the union they are didn't it.. was the IBT formed overnight? no it took years....

southerngrits said:
did the teamsters have membership when they started.... hhmmm I think not, it took years to become the union they are didn't it.. was the IBT formed overnight? no it took years....

I see your sold on the apwa. Better start donating now so you might have a chance to get that $7000 per mo pension they don't have yet.

There just going to use you to get back at the teamsters for revising the pension. Van fell just short of the cutoff.

Go ahead and join his cause, remember your donation and go ahead and buy a T-shirt while your at it.

Guys, Like anything else in life. If it sounds too good to be true, It usually is.

Thats my take on everything I've read from the APWA so far

browser321 said:
You shouldn't be worries about grievences, but about your health care and pension plan. The IBT just wants your money.

So does'nt UPS. We pay more and more eventually out of our pockets and UPS put's it in thiers as O did. What's the differance?