Vintage pictures

Neat stuff!

And many of those older photos were shot with cameras like this:

anniversary-speed-graphic-hm.jpg

Three.jpg

h-armstrong-roberts-photographer-behind-view-camera-holding-a-birdy.jpg

They looked like an accordion and the photographer appeared to be hiding under the dark cloth (he needed to have shading from the light to be able to focus the shot on the ground glass).

Neat stuff!

And many of those older photos were shot with cameras like this:

h-armstrong-roberts-photographer-behind-view-camera-holding-a-birdy.jpg

They looked like an accordion and the photographer appeared to be hiding under the dark cloth (he needed to have shading from the light to be able to focus the shot on the ground glass).
I'm pretty sure that was how my grade school pics were taken in school on picture day, lol.

I'm pretty sure that was how my grade school pics were taken in school on picture day, lol.

I have a 4x5 camera like this one here.

8936.jpg

8032737455_06c8e87a32_b.jpg

It makes photographs on 4"x5" sheet film (either black and white or color negatives, or color slide film), and I also have a 120 roll film adapter to make 6x7cm photos (about 10 shots per roll).

A 4x5 film holder. It holds 2 sheets of film (loaded in the darkroom or a light proof changing bag. You compose the shot on the ground glass, then slide the film holder in, set the aperture and shutter speed, close the shutter, pull the darkslide from the film holder to allow the light to reach the film, then actuate the shutter. After the exposure is made you replace the darkslide, pull the holder from the camera, compose another shot flip the holder over and do it all again.

Then after the film is exposed you take it to the darkroom, remove the exposed film (in total darkness) place it in the developing tank, close it up, then under safelight develop the sheets of film.

Riteway45-01.jpg

A 120 roll film holder.
2013_10_29_3071.jpg

2013_10_29_3076.jpg

6-1-1.jpg

It makes a bit smaller image size, but has the convenience of roll film. And the film can be loaded and unloaded in subdued light, rather than a darkroom or changing bag.

I love old pics! This would be a vintage Road Dust sitting on her Grandpa's lap 1959 (?). My mother on the left and Aunt on the right

Ah yes those were simpler times when the word Gay meant Happy!
Cool thread have sometimes wondered what happens to all the old photos that are floating around the country?

Found this online while strolling around searching genealogy. Some relation but not sure who. Kinda cool looking people though, lol.