Central Transport | Vitran and Karma

runawaytrain

Wear their scorn with pride.
Credits
So many out here want Vitran to fail because they simply hate this company. Bitter past employee's and current disgruntled employee's. But here's the deal, if this company fails it will be because of the negative Karma they have created. Reaping and Sowing not only applies to human beings it also applies to companies. When a customer entrust you to deliver his product in good order and in the time you promised and you destroy or lose his product you create Karma...I will use this as one example so you can understand the point I'm trying to make. There are just to many things to list that this company has done to their employee's and customers that they can't overcome. You Reap what you Sow...Period... All the hatred you have for this company only hurts yourself...Bitterness is a waste of your time...This company has dug it's own grave...Don't even regret the time you wasted here because everything serves it's purpose in this life. Just move forward and in time you will find you will be happier than you have ever been. Just do your best in the time that remains and be the best employee you can be and the man will lead you to a better place. The man up stairs is watching, whether you believe that or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, and hopefully others, it is not a hatred in Vitran as a whole, it is more disappointment towards management, past and present. We are sitting on so much possibilities in the LTL market, but time and time again we watch them stumble and kick themselves in the but. It has only been a year since CK took over, granted it takes time to get things turned around, but what really has changed that rocked your world? Up in my area we still have 2 Chicago terminals, and adding a 3rd, this is for a metro that exceeds 6 million people and who knows how many businesses? 1 for indy, 1 for Toledo, 1 for Pitts, these i can see, but 1 for Dallas, 1 for LA? I did not look others, but FEF has over 10 in the same area we serve with just one. Now, how is that for freight bill count, lbs per trailer, and revenue?

Over the last few years of visiting this site I have been amused at the things people say. Only a few months ago I created runawaytrain to give my two cents worth. So many take this so serious and let their emotions take control and say things that blow my mind. I work for Vitran, but honestly I prefer other LTL forum's better. I hardly ever comment on them but I enjoy reading them. This Blog has a religious tone to it and as I was writing it I knew it would not go over well. See lots of people on these sites are so arrogant and self-absorbed and think they know everything. They know very little about humility. I think what bothers me the most is that the negative is what feeds most people. Things can change..People can change..Companies can change..It just take time. Why so many want to bite the hand that feeds them baffles me. This company may be digging their own grave, but they are not dead yet. All the haters just want us to die...They want to dance on our grave..We just keep hanging around to **** them off. Just maybe too much damage hasnt been done...And we can overcome, and make things right .......And totally **** them off

TRAIN i HEAR YOU AND I AGREE 100%. WHAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY IS THE GODS HONEST TRUTH. THE LAST 3 YEARS OF WORKING AT VITRAN, I WAS SO MAD, MISERABLE, AND NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. UNTIL THE 1ST SUNDAY OF THE MONTH OF DEECEMBER 2012, IS WHEN I FELT A DIFFERNT. THAT IS WHEN I DIDNT HAVE VITRAN UNIFORMS NO MORE. I TRADED THEM IN FOR UPS FREIGHT UNIFORMS. AND THIS PAST WEEK I WAS COMING HOME WITH A SMILE, MY FAMILY WAS FINALLY EJOYING MY COMPANY. YES I TOOK A PAY CUT FOR THE MOMENT, WELL FOR 2YEARS, BUT I AM LOOKING AT THE BIG PICTURE. IN 3 YEARS I WILL BE MAKING MORE MONEY THEN I EVER THOUGHT I WOULD EVER MAKE IN MY LIFE. I REALLY THOUGHT BACK IN 2008 WHEN I STARTED WITH VITRAN THAT THIS WOULD BE MY LAST COMPANY I WOULD EVER WORK FOR. SOMETIMES THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON. LONG STORY SHORT, I AM VERY HAPPY NOW WHERE I AM AT IN MY LIFE, THINGS WILL BE TIGHT FOR A WHILE BUT I AMA SURVIVOR, AND I WILL KEEP ON TRUCKING UNTIL I CANT NO MORE..............

Exactly how a lot of us are looking for jobs, take a cut short term but with long term payoff. One i got interviewed for is a dollar per hour cut, but they pay 90% of insurance (and it's the good stuff) college course deals if it's to further your job Doubt for me), even as small as $75 a year towards steel toed boots, 18 months to get back $$ where I am now, and then long term scheduled raises and actually matching my 401(K)

TRAIN i HEAR YOU AND I AGREE 100%. WHAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY IS THE GODS HONEST TRUTH. THE LAST 3 YEARS OF WORKING AT VITRAN, I WAS SO MAD, MISERABLE, AND NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. UNTIL THE 1ST SUNDAY OF THE MONTH OF DEECEMBER 2012, IS WHEN I FELT A DIFFERNT. THAT IS WHEN I DIDNT HAVE VITRAN UNIFORMS NO MORE. I TRADED THEM IN FOR UPS FREIGHT UNIFORMS. AND THIS PAST WEEK I WAS COMING HOME WITH A SMILE, MY FAMILY WAS FINALLY EJOYING MY COMPANY. YES I TOOK A PAY CUT FOR THE MOMENT, WELL FOR 2YEARS, BUT I AM LOOKING AT THE BIG PICTURE. IN 3 YEARS I WILL BE MAKING MORE MONEY THEN I EVER THOUGHT I WOULD EVER MAKE IN MY LIFE. I REALLY THOUGHT BACK IN 2008 WHEN I STARTED WITH VITRAN THAT THIS WOULD BE MY LAST COMPANY I WOULD EVER WORK FOR. SOMETIMES THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON. LONG STORY SHORT, I AM VERY HAPPY NOW WHERE I AM AT IN MY LIFE, THINGS WILL BE TIGHT FOR A WHILE BUT I AMA SURVIVOR, AND I WILL KEEP ON TRUCKING UNTIL I CANT NO MORE..............
Im so happy for you and I truly mean that$$ ...I will hold on until the man upstairs decides enough is enough and pulls the plug on Vitran. All the people that hate this company and find it funny that we are struggling. Just know this..You had no effect on the outcome of how it all ended if it ends at all. All that happens, we brought on ourselves. How it ends is out of our hands. The thousands of jobs on the line are in Gods hands, not yours. I know I did the best I could and always went the extra mile..Its always darkest before the dawn, maybe a ray of sunshine will appear in our not so distant future...And how it all will end no one knows except God almighty. And again all your negative comments and hateful remarks had no affect on our outcome. I think we can all agree that none of us will live forever...Why dont some of you stop acting as if you are. Try to learn humility before its to late. Above the clouds the sun still shines, as $$ has recently found out. Bottom line is this if you have lived your life in a correct manner and have done right by this company dispite how poorly you have been treated, if you have made an atonement for the things you have done wrong then you should have no fears..If Vitran ends...God will lead you to a better job, I assure you of that.

I for one am tired of working for a living,,,,,,,,,,,, think I will run for office :guiness:

(sarcastically of course)

over 2 decades of this, really don't know what else to do with my life

I for one am tired of working for a living,,,,,,,,,,,, think I will run for office :guiness:

(sarcastically of course)

over 2 decades of this, really don't know what else to do with my life
Unemployment sounds good for awhile...Get some hunting and fishing in and then get back to driving trucks because thats what we do. Over 4 decades of this has made me a good living. Sure beats working in a warehouse driving a forklift and having some yahoo breathing down my neck. It could always be worse.....

I bet this is one of those unguarded moments....I bet LaM@@ will be ripping me before to long.

Why would I rip you? With you, what you see is what you get. No false fronts. I don't perceive you as a worthless lazy slug.

However, there is A person that is automatically an expert on all subjects posted. They have answers for everything. As Sal says on Duck Dynasty, "He don't know jack! Jack!"

Check the percentage of posts. How can A somebody have so many posts to this blog if they are "working" 12-14 hrs a day in the city, especially so if that person is "one of the top performers" at their terminal?

Something just does not add up! If I was manager in the multiplex, life would be miserable all day, everyday for A somebody! One bad apple pollutes the bunch and this bad apple makes my spidey sense tingle.

If I have a criticism of Vitran, it is that Vitran Managers allowed too many bad apples to stick around, rather then do the heavy lifting necessary to get rid of them.

And maybe that is because Vitran was all about computer numbers and not real world stuff. As a Vitran manager, you could be worthless in the real world as long as your computer numbers looked good, which only took a few key strokes to correct. But you had to stay on top of the computer, so Vitran mangers spent less time on the dock and more time in the office.

And it doesn't seem like the Fedex managers' are any better.

Lamar said :

If I have a criticism of Vitran, it is that Vitran Managers allowed too many bad apples to stick around, rather then do the heavy lifting necessary to get rid of them.

And maybe that is because Vitran was all about computer numbers and not real world stuff. As a Vitran manager, you could be worthless in the real world as long as your computer numbers looked good, which only took a few key strokes to correct. But you had to stay on top of the computer, so Vitran mangers spent less time on the dock and more time in the office.

And it doesn't seem like the Fedex managers' are any better.[/QUOTE]

Hot damn, you just dropped the pickled cherry in my SCOF ( southern comfort old fashioned) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im a formal employee. not mad at the company at all. i would like to see them "make it".. but bad karma is here and it isnt leaving. not fixing the equipment, both tractors and trailers and telling drivers to phuck themselves and drive the trucks or go home has caught up with them.. please remember you have a choice, drive the ****ty equipment or roll...

im a formal employee. not mad at the company at all. i would like to see them "make it".. but bad karma is here and it isnt leaving. not fixing the equipment, both tractors and trailers and telling drivers to phuck themselves and drive the trucks or go home has caught up with them.. please remember you have a choice, drive the ****ty equipment or roll...
You cant treat your people that way...If that does not change they will seal their own fate

Lamar said :

And it doesn't seem like the Fedex managers' are any better
I have watched Lam** on the Washington DC & The Holy Land...along with a9fan, shad434... and many more. LM is very articulate and very with it..Much like me when I was a young man..He is a bit opinionated and confrontational but if a man doesnt stand up for what he believes, hes not a man.. I personally try not to get into personal attacks and prefer to take the high road..This site is full of contradictions...To much is lost over the internet to get a feel on the character of a person...I gotta look them in the eye to see what they are all about. But that just comes with becoming a bit more mellow in my old age...And learning to pick my battles a little better. LM got it right on the managers big time. More time on the computers...and less time in the real world..Thats so damn true

1970 Chevy pickup right ? Went to an eggcrate grille in 71 !

Good catch, can be a 68-70. 68 had turn signals in bottom of grille, and 71 was the grille change. Although I appreciate the newer one's I drive, I still miss having something I can work on too. Had a 70 with a bad engine and tranny, I rebuilt from ground up (except the rear axle) cab needed rocker panels, box needed a tailgate, was actually under 2k when body shop got done with that real american steel, hugger orange with crager ss mags,,,, then,,,, a drunk driver ran a stop sign hit me between passenger door and box, sprung the frame, rippled the cab floor, rolled me twice, so, sold it to another guy, figured one rebuild was enough for me, the stupid things 25 year olds do, should have put it out back for a few years, maybe would have built her back, but he had cash and i was mad.

I did a few years at Vitran, I don't regret it one bit, infact sometimes I wish I was still there. The one thing I appreciate the most is the knowledge I obtained there from drivers and supervisors. I worked there starting when I was 18-21 and at first was giving the attitude of a young punk that did'nt give to sh!ts. I worked hard and was giving the ranks of respect and was treated great.Now here at fxf 9 years and again started when 21 recieved the, your just a young guy attitude,but got through it,but now going on the age of 31 I still get the attitude from some people. Anyway, Vitran is not the only one that has disgruntle drivers, dock workers and bad managers.It's pretty messed up if anybody wants to see Vitran fail or any company for that matter is. I truly believe Vitran will straighten out and the people that stay and help will be proud of their accomplishments.