Central Transport | Vitran and PJax merger getting closer

Sandbox

TB Lurker
Credits
I notice the other day that the new box of Pro labels has both Vitran and PJax names on them.

Can anybody get me a PJAX hat?

Anyway, looks like the merger is going to happen.

Hopefully things will pick up. Things very slow right now.

thats because all the vitran drivers in cleveland left to go to work for another company thats close to vitrans cleveland terminal.They all left after pins where cut.

thats because all the vitran drivers in cleveland left to go to work for another company thats close to vitrans cleveland terminal.They all left after pins where cut.

all jumped ship to saia hey ? we had one go there too and i was almost the second but at the last minute i decided not to. my buddy that went there aint doing any better than he was here. (yet anyways). but they seem like nice company .

Interlining...

July '07 is the date I keep hearing. Sooner the better. I want to see what going to happen before I make any long term decision about Vitran and my future there. Honestly, it the guys and the route that's keeping me there. If that were different....I'd probably be wearing a brown uniform right now.

**stuck in a holding pattern**

It will happen. Do you think Vitran is so free with it's money that it's going to pay for two sets of middle managers? Heck no. The dead weight in this company now is the managers and the folks in HR, and the customer service people. Vitran has to merger the make this work. Keeping Vitran and Pjax seperate is accepting huge profit losses paying people that need to be gone.

I think the upper manager want this merger now. The faster they can get us together and expell the dead weight, the quicker they'll get their bonuses. I can gaurantee heads will roll once this moves forward.

Yellow and Roadway I'm sure will merger someday down the road just for that same reason.

Fuel and people cost this company millions. Can't affect fuel prices. Who's that leave?

Merger Hee Haw

Vitran delivery reciepts have had chris on them in missouri for almost 2 years now. Chris drivers are still working for chris and chris wages.:horse: This is a freight machine look out big dogs here we come, Unless we break down and have no money for parts.:bananalama:

makes sence

Vitran will do the same as they did To Chris truck lines.....buy out......expand coverage area....where there is a overlap they absorb the coverage area there by screwing current employees and strengthing that area!!

vitran cant absorb our business in over lap states because we move 10 times the amount of freight thats why there moving into pjax terminals except for indiana and kentucky

yeah right

Lets see heres how it goes first you start seeing Vitran freight and picking freight going to far off distant lands like KS<OK<TX (places you have never serviced before) then office starts asnswering the phone hello pjax express now serving the (west coast:Mid west and CAnada) Then corprate comes in and places a new computer system in (now you have two computer systems that don't work together and **** off the office staff!!!!) then come the service failures! and lost freight or the freight goes to a black hole like KC KS and even though alot of freight is coming in , it isn't moving out, you just keep putting it in storage containers.:hysterical: because it isn't on the vitran system it's in your system and unless you have a brain in your head you don't check the other computer system therefore your freight dosen't move custmers get made and go elsewhere!:1036316054: then comes the cut backs : hours, jobs, mateneince! and you just hope your not the next to go:hide: OKay maybe I need a english lesson...but you get the drift of what i am saying.....yes thats exactly how it went down at Chris Truck Lines Wichita,KS....GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow i thought we were the only company with a black hole.if u see any freight going to baltimore kiss it goodbye because no one is ever going to see it again

i did see vitran delivering a skid to a hospital that i was delivering to and seen the new vitran pjax prostickers on it.i wonder why were not using them yet.

the way we did in Wichita we went ahead and used all the old chris pro stickers till they were gone then we started with the new ones same with letterhead and pens