Central Transport | Vitran and PJax merger getting closer

Fudpucker54 welcome to trucking boards.:smilie_132: Good to have you with us. Hope you will tell others about us.:1036316054:
Are you the Elmer Fuddpucker that eats at Fuddruckers?:rolleyes1:

I wonder when they say"Intergration" if this means just the business side of the deal or both Business and Operations?

It's been two years in May and Chris hasn't been intergrated as far as Operations, just Business...... Payroll, H.R., LINEHAUL, Dispatch ect.... are all still the same as it was before the sale. Safety is the only thing that has changed, and that's probably only because the contract safety man contract was up. Everything still says Chris Truck Line in the so called "southwest region".

Diesel Chaser -

That is interesting info.

What do the freight bills say...Chris or Vitran?

Whose computer system are they using...that's really the biggy.

Well they use both systems still i think they use the Chris system for freight that stays in our service area and both systems for outside the ervice area that way we have a record of what we shipped...:chairshot:

Are they still using two different freight bills?

One for freight moving in the old Chris system and a Vitran bill for stuff going beyond.

If yes, that sounds really dumb.

Dumb=Vitran. Didn't you know that?

Really, it doesn't surprise me. We're using Vitran's computers; Sierra West's bills, Chris' Pros; and PJAX's software. And you're wondering why Chicago freight heading to Indy's terminal takes the scenic route through Reno.

J/K

I do think we're in trouble.

Sandbox - You missed one....Overland of Indiana. Still running some of their trailers?

Oh, wait, those are Quast trailers.

Come on, it can't be that bad!

Overland...

We're using an old Overland shirt as a dipstick cleaner during our pre-trips. I think a few of our trap trailers are Overland's. One wrong move and you'll drop right through their floors. Look like swiss cheese.

Nawh. Things can only get better here at Vitran. Losing pay. Losing my route to senior drivers from PJAX. Losing my good start time, losing my truck, losing my decent trailer... etc..

Yeah, it's not that bad at all.

Sandbox - i see you show you are from Indiana.

Are you in Indy? Has Vitran moved into the PJAX terminal there, or has PJAX moved into Vitran's terminal, or are they operarting both?

Sandbox - i see you show you are from Indiana.

Are you in Indy? Has Vitran moved into the PJAX terminal there, or has PJAX moved into Vitran's terminal, or are they operarting both?

no . none of that has happened yet. except at south bend . but they were already together there before the accusition (shared the building). we at pjax cleveland heard that they were coming to our terminal on jan 1 .. but that never happened. our terminal is alot bigger so im sure theyll be coming eventually . now the rumer is "sometime" in the summer. who knows ?:smilie_132:

its going to be a yr before it happens they stopped construction in cinncy,we have no room in columbus to expand its going to be a while.theres a rumor going around that they may put it up for sale.