Central Transport | Vitran Announces Agreement to Sell U.S. LTL Business

ltlguy2013

TB Lurker
Credits
Vitran Bought Out

Announced just now Vitran has been purchased by a holding company owned by Mathew Mourn.
Also, owner of Central Transport.

Meetings tonight at some terminals just got the word & it's not Central Transport either he just owns them..Will find out tonight when I get to work a TM is staying business as usual maybe something good will come out of this just stay positive if not then move on....:usa2:

my supervisors at vitran came from CT and they talk big time about how very messed up it was there but CT owner got big pockets own alot of terminals

my supervisors at vitran came from CT and they talk big time about how very messed up it was there but CT owner got big pockets own alot of terminals

those supervisors will be the first to go if they were terminated by CT why would CT want them back

I was going to make a new thread for this because I think it's important information for you guys but screw it.

When I worked at CT they had the guy that was in charge of all dock operations there one night. He was bitchen about nobody using load bars. I quote : " If there is a manager here telling you to do something different or something you don't think it's right, let me know, call me, I'll fire all of them before I ever get rid of one driver".

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 4

They quit thought by getting supervisor job at vitran was best thing coming they dont do anything at vitran anyway so let them go we all going to be let go CT got a huge terminal down street from vitran i been looking for another job anyway before this happen

are those the Yellow trucks that look similar to the CF logo?

Meetings tonight at some terminals just got the word & it's not Central Transport either he just owns them..Will find out tonight when I get to work a TM is staying business as usual maybe something good will come out of this just stay positive if not then move on....:usa2:

STAY positive? Who are you? There has been nothing to BE positive about.

The announcement:

The President of Vitran Express U.S., Chris Keylon, announces the sale of the company to an acquisition company owned by Matthew Moroun. Mr. Moroun is a member of a long standing transportation company whose interest include LTL, TL, Flatbed, Third Party Logistics and warehousing.

Chris Keylon’s comments, “I’m very excited about this acquisition. I look forward to the stability and consistency that we now have, and personally I’m excited to remain with the company. This should be a great relief to Vitran employees and customers as now we can complete many of the positive initiatives we have been pursuing.”

Like the Moroun’s other companies, Vitran is firmly on a plan for stability and growth. It will not only need the hard work of all of its employees to service their existing customers, but also to support our growth initiatives.

We will be in touch shortly to establish what we plan to be a long and fruitful relationship for all involved.