Central Transport | Vitran Announces Agreement to Sell U.S. LTL Business

The announcement:

The President of Vitran Express U.S., Chris Keylon, announces the sale of the company to an acquisition company owned by Matthew Moroun. Mr. Moroun is a member of a long standing transportation company whose interest include LTL, TL, Flatbed, Third Party Logistics and warehousing.

Chris Keylon’s comments, “I’m very excited about this acquisition. I look forward to the stability and consistency that we now have, and personally I’m excited to remain with the company. This should be a great relief to Vitran employees and customers as now we can complete many of the positive initiatives we have been pursuing.”

Like the Moroun’s other companies, Vitran is firmly on a plan for stability and growth. It will not only need the hard work of all of its employees to service their existing customers, but also to support our growth initiatives.

We will be in touch shortly to establish what we plan to be a long and fruitful relationship for all involved.

It is the inborn nature of some men to lie, and from those men one can only expect lies. It is in their nature for they cannot stop.

It is the inborn nature of some men to lie, and from those men one can only expect lies. It is in their nature for they cannot stop.

Vitran's leadership would never lie to you guys!!! I say you guys because I left just in time it seems! I do wish everybody here the best though, its a shame you and your families have to suffer because of managements stupid and arrogant decisions.

Think positive sometimes change is a good thing but always thinking negative all the time now that's a bad way to live life. Over time we shall see what happens there one thing for sure without change and Vitran would have never made it!:Violin:

Think positive sometimes change is a good thing but always thinking negative all the time now that's a bad way to live life. Over time we shall see what happens there one thing for sure without change and Vitran would have never made it!:Violin:

what has change made Vitran the only thing I see is broke losing money and now sold to a company that will choose a few to come along. positive thinking is always good but reality always wins

Wow same words I heard when FedEx bought AF. The major thing we were told is the NAME would not change but within a year the name changed. Feel sorry for all involved in Keylon's mess and hope for the best. If there is anywhere else to go, I would. You will be better off in the end. The employees that are at Central now will be number one. You will be told different but first hand I saw it happen when the Watkins drivers came over to Fedex.

I worked for PJAX back in the mid 1990's and I was surprised at how badly it seemed to be mismanaged at times (especially in comparison to Pitt Ohio). How they lasted long enough to go into Vitran is impressive in and of itself. Sounds like things got even worse since Vitran has had them.

PJAX had some really nice tractors (I was there when the first Mack CH models came in) but they also had some horrible beat up old Mack R & U models. Ouch.

I know it was a family owned business. The one son (I think he was a son) named Jeff was a really good guy to work for. My question - anybody know why the owners at PJAX sold out?

Wow same words I heard when FedEx bought AF. The major thing we were told is the NAME would not change but within a year the name changed. Feel sorry for all involved in Keylon's mess and hope for the best. If there is anywhere else to go, I would. You will be better off in the end. The employees that are at Central now will be number one. You will be told different but first hand I saw it happen when the Watkins drivers came over to Fedex.

What are you talking about? When National ( Watkins) and Freight merged the National drivers dovetailed in.

The announcement:

The President of Vitran Express U.S., Chris Keylon, announces the sale of the company to an acquisition company owned by Matthew Moroun. Mr. Moroun is a member of a long standing transportation company whose interest include LTL, TL, Flatbed, Third Party Logistics and warehousing.

Chris Keylon’s comments, “I’m very excited about this acquisition. I look forward to the stability and consistency that we now have, and personally I’m excited to remain with the company. This should be a great relief to Vitran employees and customers as now we can complete many of the positive initiatives we have been pursuing.”

Like the Moroun’s other companies, Vitran is firmly on a plan for stability and growth. It will not only need the hard work of all of its employees to service their existing customers, but also to support our growth initiatives.

We will be in touch shortly to establish what we plan to be a long and fruitful relationship for all involved.

just made a deal with the devil !!!! he sold all your souls!!!! worked there at central for 15 years (when they were union). don't walk, run to the nearest local to organize!!! you all must of done something wrong in your previous life!!!

Everything will be just fine, You'll just need to get used to driving faded yellow, junk tractors and get used to seeing Central trailers being pulled by Blue and White tractors...

Best of luck to you folks, I'm sure the uncertainty is killing you. Hope you all make out better.
the name won't change, manny will absorb the freight into his empire and discard the carcass known as vitran u.s.
The shippers ship with the carrier(s) they want, the company doesn't own the freight and most of it will dissipate.