Central Transport | vitran closing terminals?

Yes they closed down Lexington yesterday. Again they showed no class in doing it. Handed us a letter at the end of the day. They say it is a reduction in work force,yet they hire new drivers in louisville and charleston to cover our area. They will also have to use resources in Knoxville. Just another case of management talking out both ends. I wish the best for those drivers who are still employed by Vitran just don't believe all the propaganda that spews from the mouths of management at that company.

was told that lexington lost the sherwin williams account, which was like 70% of that terminals revenue! if that number is true, how can any one justify keeping lex open if its costing money? i hope those drivers finding something soon! sorry fellas!!!

was told that lexington lost the sherwin williams account, which was like 70% of that terminals revenue! if that number is true, how can any one justify keeping lex open if its costing money? i hope those drivers finding something soon! sorry fellas!!!

The paint account was not 70% of our revenue. They were hauling that with over a 70% discount. With damages they were not making that much on that account. Lexington was the last terminal located in Ky. The state will now be serviced completly by out of state locations. How is this going to save money when we were located in the central portion of the state. They are not going to discontinue service in our area, just cover it from farther away.

We got the word this morning that the Rockford terminal will be closing by Friday.All trucks and trailers will be moved down to Chicago and the guys are being offered to transfer either to the Chicago Hub or the Milwaukee Hub.

We got the word this morning that the Rockford terminal will be closing by Friday.All trucks and trailers will be moved down to Chicago and the guys are being offered to transfer either to the Chicago Hub or the Milwaukee Hub.
We were told in our letters that if we desired to be considered for employment it woul be necessary to submit a new aplication at that time. Are they willing to transfer you guys with your senority, or are you going to have to start at the bottom again?

New Closings

I have confirmed that Vitran has closed the Sioux City, IA terminal less than a couple weeks ago, they closed the Watertown, SD terminal on Friday. The Madison, WI just closed within the last few weeks. And the last one that I confirmed was in Lexington, KY. And if you read older posts, there was a pretty decent sized Terminal that Closed in MO last month.

Anyone else have more locations that have been shut down?

Someone told me that the Omaha, NE might merge with the Des Moines, IA and be serviced out of there.

Any Thoughts??!!!

Had are meeting today and found out that GreenBay wi, Rockford il, Dulth MN and winstead mn will be closing by friday.

there was never a true vitran in madison wi it serviced by Advantage Freight Agent.they got rid of them in december.

i used to work out of milwaukee and i'm just curious how that terminal is going to handle all that freight on the dock. If I remeber they only have about 40 doors. were are they going to park all the equipment considering the employee parking lot takes up the whole front fence line in the yard already. i guess if holland and nationsway did it vitran will also,but good luck.

I have confirmed that Vitran has closed the Sioux City, IA terminal less than a couple weeks ago, they closed the Watertown, SD terminal on Friday. The Madison, WI just closed within the last few weeks. And the last one that I confirmed was in Lexington, KY. And if you read older posts, there was a pretty decent sized Terminal that Closed in MO last month.

Anyone else have more locations that have been shut down?

Someone told me that the Omaha, NE might merge with the Des Moines, IA and be serviced out of there.
Any Thoughts??!!!

That's a hell of alot of windshield time on a p&d route!!! Are you going to do p&d with a sleeper?

Rockford has the highest unemployment rate in IL....12%. Pretty much all of the industry is gone from Rockford compared to years ago so it really may be a smart move to close that terminal

ummm yeah...NO!

Rockford has the highest unemployment rate in IL....12%. Pretty much all of the industry is gone from Rockford compared to years ago so it really may be a smart move to close that terminal

This coming from a chicago driver. Maybe you would feel different if you were from the RFD terminal. We were doing very well with our numbers, we were actually still hiring and doing well with pick ups and deliveries. From what I hear CHI is days behind and struggling. So which was better to close??