Central Transport | vitran east

the keck said:
:Violin: :waycool: i still dont know what to think about this deal yet. guess ill see what happens soon

Copy that, I'm in one the "overlap areas" so I'm concerned on what their palns are too. Very mixed feelings on this...........

all i know we told one of are customers that vitan bought us and they made us pull are trailers out.they said they dont do business with vitran.

Had one of your drivers tell me it was a done deal and that it will give PJAX service coast to coast with its other sister companies. Isn't Vitran a canadian outfit????

UNION Campain

My dispatcher told me today he heard there are union cards going around now @ PJAX .I wonder if their is any truth to that?

t-bone said:
My dispatcher told me today he heard there are union cards going around now @ PJAX .I wonder if their is any truth to that?

not in cleveland . im there every night and never heard of that.

hey havnt been on for a little bit but have been with vitran for 8 years. i am very happy there and i think you will be too.sure we have our problems but who dont. if i can help with anything i would be glad to but if we all work together on this i think it will be a better place to work for all of us

how bad could it be at vitran.your pay and benefits are better than ours we dont even have direct deposit sometimes we treatded good some times like ::shit:: depends on terminal manangers mood.

It really puzzles me that Vitran pulled off such a deal with PJAX, I know Vitran is abig outfit in Canada, but in the states PJAX is much more organized, they have better equipment, and everything is more uniform then Vitran. Vitran still looks like a bunch of gypsies running down the road. I worked for Vitran about 9 years ago, then they were called Overland Transportation, or was it Dp cartage, or Parrish, maybe they were called Frontier, back then we never knew who we were working for. I know Vitran has made alot of improvements since then, at least they have one company name now, and their tractors look better, but I don,t think they hold a candle to Pjax...:1036316054:

you watch,pjax upper managment will be running vitran before its all said in done,we have some very smart people over there in pittsburgh.are ceo came from carlonia when they merged with abf and pulled pjax out of near bankruptcy.mark kosvec is a very smart man

i think you will be suprised about the managment vitran has already told some of
p-jax people they will not be making the
the move as managers they will be dropped to supervisors
dont forget vitran bought p-jax because they couldnt stay in buisness if we didnt:chairshot:

i think you will be suprised about the managment vitran has already told some of
p-jax people they will not be making the
the move as managers they will be dropped to supervisors
dont forget vitran bought p-jax because they couldnt stay in buisness if we didnt:chairshot:

Based on the money that Vitran paid for PJax, it seems very unlikely that PJax was going to go out of business.

Why would Vitran spend that much money for a losing operation?

i dont know about pitt
as far as them going out that is what p-jax pres. said on the tape they sent out to all our terminals he said they could no longer stay competitive on thier own
just relaying what was on the tape :hide:

pjaxs,growth slowed down in the last three yrs,so they tried to buy a couple carriers,one was the connection and the other was mid-state both fell threw so he sold to vitran but the name is staying the same and our corporate office is staying open.we were told they are not going to rebrand us at all.at first

pjaxs,growth slowed down in the last three yrs,so they tried to buy a couple carriers,one was the connection and the other was mid-state both fell threw so he sold to vitran but the name is staying the same and our corporate office is staying open.we were told they are not going to rebrand us at all.at first

It's unfortunate for pjax, it seemed that pjax was a good company, and they were doing well on their own.