Vitran Employee Website

Discussion in 'Central Transport/Vitran' started by ltlrunner, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Scotty425

Scotty425 Member

Same case at our barn. Guy lied through his teeth, and was hired as supervisor. Then they found out it was all fabrication, but he's still there! he f's up more than doing things right. Mean, surly, yells at everybody, can't ever listen-he knows everything and always talks about how wonderful, knowledgeable he is,etc.. Makes the place a living hell for many workers, no need to do so. Screws up up the flow of the terminal. Nobody bothers to warn him of impending trouble, snags ,etc. because they want to watch him screw up. Classic case of bad leadership hurting the Company.

2. vijax

vijax Member

i think the upper management is seeing how much they can get the stock price up and when they think it cant go higher,they are going to sell it and bale. making millions of dollars. they sure bought alot of it when it was a couple dollars a share. r.gaetz has a background in this,read his bio.

3. freeballn

freeballn New Member

It could be a good company if the (maple leafs) wake up and see what's going on. I havn't see any canadian trailers at the terminals I go to. I can't say anything about there stuff but our equipment sucks worst I've ever seen I would expected that coming from mexico. We need a hole company take over and restructuring we have potential if the can get it to gether I hope that read all these comments from us before its to late and the good employees leave

4. vijax

vijax Member

we lost 3 good employees at our terminal, each with over 10 years with the company last week. we cant even get anyone to come in the door to apply.

5. had enough

had enough pErSoN oF iNtErEsT

all corp sees is that 3 top scale employees are gone, along with paying them each for 3 weeks vac. replace a $20 per hr driver w/a $17 per hr one w/ only 1 week of vac when it goes in effect, along w/ not paying for holidays for a bit also.

6. crash935

crash935 Member

His name isnt mike is it?

7. goofy123

goofy123 New Member

There was a Manager in Louisville a few years ago that treated the worker right and you could talk to him and he would listen to your opinions.
    He is gone now.

8. Scotty425

Scotty425 Member

No- think more of a cartoon character name...
    He yells at people so much now, everyone is sick of him. Some talk openly of hurting him, most jokingly though. Most workers are looking for another job, and some are thinking of switching shifts just to get away from him.
    Could be a decent place to work, but it is poisoned from the top down as to how they treat their workers-like convicts. Only the few tight kiss butts and back stabbers are content.....

9. roadkill65

roadkill65 New Member

Randy F. was the ONLY service center manager to give a damn about the employees at LVL and from my understanding, it was a constant fight between him and upper management. I really hated to see him go. I know there is a Service Center of the Year plaque hanging on the wall from his time there.

10. crash935

crash935 Member

Sure sounds like the night dock manager in GRR and pretty much all the drivers and dock guys. Guess they are all alike!!!!

11. Scotty425

Scotty425 Member

Anybody know the 800 complaint number? This guy has gotten out of hand-threatening to fire people all the time (not his authority), yelling at workers at the drop of a hat, etc,etc. It has become a hostile work environment, and short of a class action, I see no good coming of it. Nobody even wants to go to work anymore, he is that bad. TM has dressed him down upon several occasions, but it still continues, and is getting worse. If you complain about him and he finds out, he make Life living hell for weeks for you. I'd like to call the 800 number and hopefully, they'll look into it and get our barn back to running better...

12. billybobbubba

billybobbubba New Member

1-877-myideas
    password: talk

13. wrenchmonkey

wrenchmonkey Member

does this line go straight to canada or indy

14. billybobbubba

billybobbubba New Member

Not sure, but I think IND.

15. fluffykittykat

fluffykittykat JustAnotherBody

it could go to pitt, where no one gives a chitt

16. Dirtydd

Dirtydd New Member

To all my vitran brothers,the :horseshit: must end.We all now the issues,now it is time to do something about it.Nashville has had to meetings with the teamsters,but we need someone from every terminal to contact there local office of the teamsters to get the process started.Just call,let them do the rest.I hope to get positive responces from this.The time to change is now.Hartman and Kosievic must be brought down to Earth,we are hard working human beings and deserve to be treated as such.Make the call it is time for change.Lets turn this thing around,management is not going to do it.

17. Dirtydd

Dirtydd New Member

Do not give up hope if your reading this,Nashville has had two meetings recently and we need as many terminals as possible to jump on board,contact your local teamster office and let them know you want to jump on board with Nashville.

18. Scotty425

Scotty425 Member

Talked with them twice in past- nothing happened. F#$% them....

19. billy the goat

billy the goat New Member

well scotty with that attitude, I see why you are getting treated like a little girl at your terminal..... keep on crying and go ahead and call the big dogs in indy, go ahead and piss them off, cuz you know that is going to happen, they dont want to be bothered by a enternal problem at a terminal. thats what a t.m is for, and once you go over his head, his next confrence call wont be pretty, and then he will give you hell for the next couple of weeks, I know alot of people at the nashville terminal, you cry and ***** and moan, and want people to help you out in you "ugly" confrintations, but you know what, without a union its only your voice, and I dont know if you notice but vitran dont give 2 ***** about you, u r just a number and there are 20 people in line for your job. so my advice for you is try to get organized and have that voice that will speak up for you, or you can shut the **** up and deal with getting treated like a lil *****... sorry it had to come to that but, thats how this cookie crumbled......

20. Scotty425

Scotty425 Member

Geez, Billy take a Prozac. Like I said, I heard a lot of promises when we sat down with two union reps on two different occasions. We told them go ahead, the first never called us back. The second did very little, and after a short time heard nothing from him. So , that's why I say what I do. WE TRIED TO ORGANIZE! Nobody had balls to sign cards. Union guys didn't seem to make any efforts, just gave us the cards to do their work. Not much different than Vitran. I expected a little more effort from them.
    Then Vitran threw back the 5% (kind of) which squashed any more chances of going union (Vitran knew what they were doing with that move).