Central Transport | vitran is dead!!!!!

I do not see why anyone is sticking up for either company. All shippers know both ccompanies are trash. We are giving no secrets out and not one of these companies have a bit of loyalty to any of us. We are all *****s getting pimped. Some of us are just getting slapped by a different pimp. The others are getting slapped by the same.

As far as what i post i will post what i want within the rules of the forum and attempt to go easy on the attitude.

I am very loyal, but only to those who are loyal to me and that does not include v or ct. HEY EVERYONE, this is BUSINESS, not personal.

They will be merged by the end of the integration....Vitran will disappear from Truckingboards to my understanding at that point. Then I will be left to moderate a bunch of disgruntled employees with the help of my fellow moderators....God knows I could never do it alone...Hopefully with the passing time we can learn to communicate in a civil tone. What's over is over. You did what you had to do. It wasn't right or wrong or good or bad. It just was. But all you got is today. You can't have it back....Instead of getting mad at this company for the way it is, lets accept it and do what we can to improve it. It seems like some just want stir things up and not try to help us improve things. Maybe we can change. I sure hope so...We stand on the threshold of something great or something that's at least better than it sits today....If only we can believe. Nothing out there is bad unless you believe that it is. Tell me is hope such a bad thing? If you refuse to change your job (if you don't like it) the only sensible thing to do is practice accepting it and make the best of it.
Thanks my brother Mud Hen, it's nice to know that at least some men will respond to a positive post. Something that is rare on this forum these days. Negative sells, while positive is never even considered. Once again I will be out numbered but that won't stop me from trying from time to time...They can spend the rest of their life worrying about the future, and no amount of frustration or worry will change not one thing. People need to be right. If they can get that out of their life, they could save themselves lots of suffering. Everything that happens to us has a blessing built into it...It's all in the way you look at things I suppose. Let me be the first to say I can't always be positive but I will damn sure never stop trying. You can simply overcome old habits by leaving them behind. Sometimes you just need to give because it's the right thing to do and not because you expect something in return. You go in with the right attitude and the man upstairs will take care of you however this job plays out.

train, i've been seeing you quote your own quote lately. lol. don't worry too much about moderating that new site because most of the former u.s. vitran employees will be gone by next summer.

I do not see why anyone is sticking up for either company. All shippers know both ccompanies are trash. We are giving no secrets out and not one of these companies have a bit of loyalty to any of us. We are all *****s getting pimped. Some of us are just getting slapped by a different pimp. The others are getting slapped by the same.

As far as what i post i will post what i want within the rules of the forum and attempt to go easy on the attitude.

I am very loyal, but only to those who are loyal to me and that does not include v or ct. HEY EVERYONE, this is BUSINESS, not personal.

What's wrong with giant unskided bundles of Lumber liquidators that require residential inside liftgate delivery. Huh? Answer me that?

What's wrong with giant unskided bundles of Lumber liquidators that require residential inside liftgate delivery. Huh? Answer me that?

Sounds like back breaking work that most P & D drivrs do not get the pleasure of dealing with. Maybe when your done you will get a bottled water. Lol

No. 1 ct hasn't lifted our pay freeze. No.2 Transforce offered $4.50 a share. No.3 missed pickups is because management decided to start majority of pd drivers at 9:00~10:00 iin the morning

A Central Truck rollin down the highway scares me, now I see Vitran hauling the crap trailers, man its a rough world out there,,, Why would you drive for Central, just look at the equipment, nuff said..

No. 1 ct hasn't lifted our pay freeze. No.2 Transforce offered $4.50 a share. No.3 missed pickups is because management decided to start majority of pd drivers at 9:00~10:00 iin the morning
avatar....avatar .....avatar you got to be joking! please tell me your joking! The reason your guys got raises is because ct lifted the freeze. Trans force offered that money to vitran Canada, look it up! They got a piece of vitran on November 1st. What difference does it make when they started you, the fact remains 400-600 bills missed a day!!! I'm not trying to argue with you but the facts are the facts! I don't just make things up and post them,I do research then I post.

I don't know what areas your saying got raises but I assure you we were told that we are not getting any raises. We will stay the same. As far as not mattering what time you leave out you got to be kidding me. Try leaving at10:30. With 14 dels last one closing at 3:00 an trying to make 8 pickups before 4:30, but maybe your first stop isn't a hour an half away. But then maybe after running the same area for the last 12 years I just suck and don't know how to do my job.

I have been asking ct drivers this very same question on several different threads,so far 0 replies. Like i have said before all the negative things i have heard about this company has come from their own drivers, not a one has ever said anything positive ( this has been over several years).

I would like to insert a few thoughts as a former Chris/Vitran employee. Where oh Where to begin?

The fear of a very uncertain future and the lack of communication is the root cause of the anger that most have.
Vitran was a **** hole. The trucks were great for awhile then they fell into disrepair due to a heavily underfunded and unqualified maintence department. The pups and vans were complete piles that needed to be scraped out a few years ago. The new vans were just that new then they to feel into the black hole of ill repair and abuse. The terminals were falling apart also.

I like all you would have loved to continue making a higher wage while working for Vitran. I will be completely honest that I knew most of the loopholes and used that to my advantage. I could almost get away with murder and still have a job. Is that right or wrong, I really don't know but, I had a hellva lot of fun doing it.

Since humans do not like change it's frustrating. Since nobody is talking: bing bing bing frustration.

CT is just a job. Thats all a job. It's no better or worse than what you had. It's a even trade just a different color of truck. Thats all. Carve out a niche at CT cash your pay check or wait until March and find another job. Fighting against the flow isn't going to change anything but, raise your blood pressure.

I left Vitran because i got tired of losing. I was a line driver. I went from running 660 a night WIC to LAM to WIC to KAN 424 to a WIC to OKC 310. I lost 50% in a year. I got the call and went ESTES in the city.
Guess what we have a lot of kiss asses. Guys that don't do pre trips. Guys that drive out of service stuff. I feel that it was a step up from where i was.

IT'S JUST A DIFFERENT COLOR TRUCK.

I would like to insert a few thoughts as a former Chris/Vitran employee. Where oh Where to begin?

The fear of a very uncertain future and the lack of communication is the root cause of the anger that most have.
Vitran was a **** hole. The trucks were great for awhile then they fell into disrepair due to a heavily underfunded and unqualified maintence department. The pups and vans were complete piles that needed to be scraped out a few years ago. The new vans were just that new then they to feel into the black hole of ill repair and abuse. The terminals were falling apart also.

I like all you would have loved to continue making a higher wage while working for Vitran. I will be completely honest that I knew most of the loopholes and used that to my advantage. I could almost get away with murder and still have a job. Is that right or wrong, I really don't know but, I had a hellva lot of fun doing it.

Since humans do not like change it's frustrating. Since nobody is talking: bing bing bing frustration.

CT is just a job. Thats all a job. It's no better or worse than what you had. It's a even trade just a different color of truck. Thats all. Carve out a niche at CT cash your pay check or wait until March and find another job. Fighting against the flow isn't going to change anything but, raise your blood pressure.

I left Vitran because i got tired of losing. I was a line driver. I went from running 660 a night WIC to LAM to WIC to KAN 424 to a WIC to OKC 310. I lost 50% in a year. I got the call and went ESTES in the city.
Guess what we have a lot of kiss asses. Guys that don't do pre trips. Guys that drive out of service stuff. I feel that it was a step up from where i was.

IT'S JUST A DIFFERENT COLOR TRUCK.
CT has a horrible reputation....The trucks look like ****....And they are a little below scale for the LTL industry. But if you can get beyond that it's not a bad job. Got some positive comments from a few drivers this week... It's a pretty laid back company compared to the big boys and they have many problems but who doesn't....A lot of this is physiological for many because of their bad reputation....They simply can't get beyond that. I say this.......It's not OD.....SAIA.....ESTES.....UPS.....FEDX.....You don't drive fancy trucks.....But your checks cash just as good as those big boys and that's the bottom line....Maybe not as much money....maybe you can't drive that fancy truck....maybe the insurance sucks....maybe the owner is a bit frugal.... But whoever you work for the BS will remain....If its all about the image this place isn't your cup of tea...But if its about job security and moving up the totem pole faster than you can with the big boys you might want to consider staying....Whatever you decide I wish you the best. Vitran is dead, but CT is alive and well.

train, i've been seeing you quote your own quote lately. lol. don't worry too much about moderating that new site because most of the former u.s. vitran employees will be gone by next summer.
Reminds me of the movie......"The Bucket List" in which Jack Nicholson says that there are 3 things to remember when you get older...#1 Never pass up a bathroom...#2 Never waste a hard on...#3 Never trust a fart......Yes H.E......That's 3 things to remember as you approach decrepitude....So let me give you #4....I have a tendency to repeat myself...And the old memory starts to fade and you start to lose a step or two....Yes my brother it sucks to get old. Something you young whipper snappers would know nothing about...The only upside is you become much wiser....Well, at least some do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what areas your saying got raises but I assure you we were told that we are not getting any raises. We will stay the same. As far as not mattering what time you leave out you got to be kidding me. Try leaving at10:30. With 14 dels last one closing at 3:00 an trying to make 8 pickups before 4:30, but maybe your first stop isn't a hour an half away. But then maybe after running the same area for the last 12 years I just suck and don't know how to do my job.

If it was easy anybody could do it.

semantics.... l say lifted raise freeze then I say raise,you dispute both. Now is it not a fact that vitran was on a raise freeze?is it not a fact ct brought vitran? Is it not a fact the freeze was lifted when ct purchased vitran? You may have not been affected by the freeze because you we're at top rate before the freeze.Now from what you are saying are you leading me to believe all vitran drivers start times were at 10:30? Is that the sole reason 400- 600 bills were missed? Then why have I seen vitran drivers peddling earlier than 9 ? Pz don't insult my intelligence

semantics.... l say lifted raise freeze then I say raise,you dispute both. Now is it not a fact that vitran was on a raise freeze?is it not a fact ct brought vitran? Is it not a fact the freeze was lifted when ct purchased vitran? You may have not been affected by the freeze because you we're at top rate before the freeze.Now from what you are saying are you leading me to believe all vitran drivers start times were at 10:30? Is that the sole reason 400- 600 bills were missed? Then why have I seen vitran drivers peddling earlier than 9 ? Pz don't insult my intelligence

Seriously brother you are just continuing the issue. It is you that refuses to just shut up. This is done and over everyone works for CT now. Start times, missed deliveries or pickups, who's pecker is bigger none of that matters go to work and get it done! Happy to be employed I don't like people who don't really know **** about each others companies talking ****. IT DOESN'T MATTER ANYMORE!

About CT equipment. I went to there DuBois yard this morning to check on some things for my self. Now I know there CSA score sucks and everything looks like hell and you hear all kinds of story's , so I want to know first hand.

Guess what I found .... No major problems. All the tires had air and most tires were at least 75% tread. All the brakes looked to be adjusted and I did not find one set less than 40%. And all but one trailer was air ride.

Now DuBois is a small yard with only 4 trucks and I only got to look at 6 trailers so not a huge sample size.

Now they did have one trailer there that was placed out of service and was not going go move till it got fixed.
So far what I seen is no worse than what we dill with now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously brother you are just continuing the issue. It is you that refuses to just shut up. This is done and over everyone works for CT now. Start times, missed deliveries or pickups, who's pecker is bigger none of that matters go to work and get it done! Happy to be employed I don't like people who don't really know **** about each others companies talking ****. IT DOESN'T MATTER ANYMORE!
did I say anything to offend you? Did I disrespect as a man? Does what I say bother you? Its real easy to text on your cellphone or sit at a computer and tell grown men to "just shut up"if you saw me in person you wouldn't have such loose lipps,and if you did I'd have no problem smashing you face in like a soda can!!!OK tuff cyber guy! If you don't like what I say don't comment! I don't see you telling the same to others!but you must got some weird man crush for me!