Central Transport | vitran/pjax merger in detroit

jacknife69

TB Lurker
Credits
monday was our first day together in the brownstown terminal. same ol' ::shit:: but on a much larger scale. one dispatcher for seventy-seven drivers. couldn't get a hold of the guy all day. when i did he had to cut the talk short cause other drivers kept cutting in. my god... who was the corp. puppet who came up with that idea. vitran sup.'s got the shaft BIG TIME. they all got horrid hours and jobs... pjax staff pretty much run the show. i don't blame them though. i blame vitran corp. they bought pjax, then handed us over like bastard children. no protection whatsoever. sacrifice people and lives for the almighty dollar. up till this move, vitran was honestly the best company i ever worked for. i will give pjax a chance. maybe things will improve after the initial shock. i will say the pjax drivers and dock guys are first rate, at least the ones i've met so far. sure have not lost any hours, thats for sure. freakin paperwork up the ***. check-in, check-out is a freakin headache. they need more office staff. (at least the girls behind the glass are worth a second look!) more on this later.

day 3. they are bringing a vitran dispatcher in a few hours earlier now. helps a little, but still not enough. lots of yelling at the terminal tonight. one of the pjax corp. guys bawled out a group of vitran drivers this morning for standing around. turns out, they were all there early waiting for work and NONE of them were on the clock. way to be right on top of things, pjax! there is a meeting tomorrow morning, and no one has been told what its about. look for the answer to that question here in about 24 hours.

meeting was about start times and trucks. bunch of drivers got their start times pushed back an hour. they said it was temp. if it is'nt, we need to push for a rebid. things went a little better from where i sat today. still a very slow response from dispatch, but better than the last two days. trucks are still lined up on the street to get into the yard at night. even if your paperwork is straight when you pull into the yard, it might take you 40 min. to get out of there. on a + note, i again have to say the pjax drivers are first rate guys. they have been nothing but polite to all the vitran drivers. i met many of them on the street before the merger, and they were just as worried as we were. i hope this works for everyone involved. oh, also have some pay issues to work out. there are some things that still need to be hammered out. more on that later.

no, i don't know who was yelling, and i'm not going to guess because i want to be 100% honest about what i say here. i will say that i did hear the yelling personally.

i am sorry i stopped posting for a few days. yes, i would say that it is getting better... slowly. there are little things that kind of **** us off, but in general i would say it's not as bad as the first few days. they still need to get the start times handled. that is one issue that i'll cut them some slack on because we are really busy. there is more paperwork with the p-jax system. you just have to keep up with it on the road. no way to try to sort it all out back at the terminal. they will absolutely not post a seniority list. so, if they want to screw you they can, but i wouldn't worry about that cause without the list they are the only ones that know your gettin' a screwin!! there are other little things too. one of the drivers mentioned that they don't get a fifty dollar safety boot allowance. i always liked that, not so much for the money as for the principle of it. kind of made me feel all warm & fuzzy inside knowing someone else cared about my toes too. dispatch is getting better as far as answering back. a lot of guys are really racking up miles and hours. i would imagine this will vary by terminal. the best advice i can give you is to go into it with a good attitude and see what happens. you can always reserve the right it get pissed later. i feel like i need to say again how great the pjax drivers and dock guys have been. maybe we are just lucky here in detroit, but i really hope its an indication of how the whole system is. best of luck to you all. i really hope everything works out for you guys. if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. i get on here every few days.

god jackknife hope you change those diapers of yours.Pjax is not gonna get the best of this, you gave it 1 day and are crying like a *****, you will fit right in with most of the Det. drivers cause crying like a ***** is the best attributes. I'm sure you'r Vitrans buddies all over are going to be fine, but you keep pissing you'r pants for everybody to fret over:hide::drama:

who cares who was yelling get used to it it's what pjax drivers have been getting for years. So sorry you pampered sissys are not being treated with the kitt gloves you are so accustomed too.

jacknife you are giving me a flippen rash, so sorry about your toes not getting their safety bonus. You tell someone to keep positive attitude but you pissed about pjax your first day. Good positive attitude on your part driver.

Jacknife... Are you guys a PJAX terminal or a VITRAN terminal? The safety shoe thing is a company wide thing... Drivers and dock get it. Even I got it cause I spend 35% of my time out on the dock....That makes no sense? Hang in there man its bound to get better!!

babygurl82 jacknife is not pjax he has to be vitran so he has to get the shoe thing cause pjax doesn't care about shoes so they don't give us money for them

vitran pjax detroit update

Today I was told to stay home. The night before another driver was told to stay home. It does not look good for vitran linehaul. We are taking one day off a week alternating between drivers so we can be at pjax bek and mercy. It seems the pjax drivers get what they want from us. Maybe I should apply for pjax. They allready took one indy run and one chicago run from use. That is why we have to alternate days off. Vitran president was asked to step down so that pjax president can take over. Vitran used to be a really good place to work for and now they suck. It is time for a job hunt once again.:butt kiss:

Surfer176:
"Vitran president was asked to step down so that pjax president can take over."

What do you mean Vitran president was asked to step down?? Kimack? Thats nuts. Who bought who out here?!

That is what we keep asking ourselves, "Who acquired Who". Today I found out that pjax is going to start alternating among pjax drivers for days off as well. I was told that they have lost a lot of accounts in the past 3 or 4 months. I pray they can pick up more buisness for use, I don't want to try to find another job. The pjax/vitran president (Mark Kosovich) told me 1 month ago that they are going to get sleeper trucks to run direct freight for some of use. I guess there owner ops. will be out of work here soon. I would rarher run OTR for them, at least I won't have to deal with the bull?7."t as often as I do. They are also sending 10-15 city peddlers off also. (On Call) Of course you guessed it, Vitran drivers. I keep wanting to see what happens next but the suspense of the matinee is making me go broke. (Pjax 100-Vitran 0)