Central Transport | vitran/pjax merger in detroit

No work in Detroit

Well I have not worked in three days in brownstown,p/u's are way down I hope they do something soon!

And the letter reads, due to current buisness levels and the economic environment, Vitran Express has made a determination to do a workforce reduction. This change will become effective October 17, 2008, and regrettably will result in your seperation from employment. This seperation is of a permanent nature considering there are no opportunities for transfer or relocation. All monies due will be released with the regular payroll distribution and mailed to your last address of record, assuming any company property in your possession has been returned.

Should you desire to be considered for employment in the future, it will be necessary for you to submit a new application at that time. Thank you for the contribution you made during the course of your employment. Vitran wishes you well in your future endeavors.

Well there it is, me laid off permanetly. I am one of the three laid off linehaul drivers for vitran to go at Brownstown. There are about 40 other drivers also that will be with me at the unenjoyeement office for benefits. This letter was given to use exactly two days after our manager Jared said Vitran will not lay off linehaul drivers. At least he and PJAX can sleep well at night.

Well good luck to you Dokratt for the future and any other Vitran employees. PJAX KISS MY A?<...That is directed to Presidents and CEO off PJAX. Not PJAX employees...

Back to OTR here I come again. Peace Out.

Vitran is history in this region

I'ts time for a class action law suit... There gonna get rid of all vitran people, we made to much money, instead of asking for concessons ,just start over..Get out while ther's a few good job's left. P.S. don't blame jarid he doesn't know any more than they tell him, he's no different than us, just a peeeeeon LOL. With a big head (dick)

And the letter reads, due to current buisness levels and the economic environment, Vitran Express has made a determination to do a workforce reduction. This change will become effective October 17, 2008, and regrettably will result in your seperation from employment. This seperation is of a permanent nature considering there are no opportunities for transfer or relocation. All monies due will be released with the regular payroll distribution and mailed to your last address of record, assuming any company property in your possession has been returned.

Should you desire to be considered for employment in the future, it will be necessary for you to submit a new application at that time. Thank you for the contribution you made during the course of your employment. Vitran wishes you well in your future endeavors.

Well there it is, me laid off permanetly. I am one of the three laid off linehaul drivers for vitran to go at Brownstown. There are about 40 other drivers also that will be with me at the unenjoyeement office for benefits. This letter was given to use exactly two days after our manager Jared said Vitran will not lay off linehaul drivers. At least he and PJAX can sleep well at night.

Well good luck to you Dokratt for the future and any other Vitran employees. PJAX KISS MY A?<...That is directed to Presidents and CEO off PJAX. Not PJAX employees...

one of our guys in ctn went to heartland 3 mons. ago said he is making 100 less a week runnin regional, home once a week and weekends (Later) He is a linehaul guy was making 1400.00 now 1300.00 and less hassle

I am going to try out Melton Truck Lines, I start orientation on monday. I researched quit a few companies before lay off thank GOD, and I think I am going to try flatbed for a while. They can start me at 40cpm and have excellent health coverage. Hopefully I make a good choice this time around. I only need about 1 to 2 more years and I will be done trucking all together.
I don't necessarily blame Jared but he and others could have communicated with use a little bit more than they did. The PJAX Brownstown T.M. did not even introduce use to there terminal. I met him only to be given a lay off letter. Oh well thats the way the wheels turn. Hopefully this economy will change when we get a different governer.

pjax drivers laid off too get off the vitran horse

All I have to say F**K PJAX. There driver cant even drive or back up. How the hell these guys del freight all day is a unreal. I've never seen so much damaged freight also. Tony, todd and Pat are the biggest dicks to work with. I have a idea instead of the drivers not getting raises how about the big shots turn in there company cars.. and take a pay cut. The drivers are the back bone.

Please get your facts right, dockmen are the backbone, you sit your fata@@ in a truck and milk the clock all day

Sorry M8, but your wrong. My a$$ is not fat with all the hand unloading we have to do. I'm also lucky to even get a lunch break.

But Dockguys can make or break a drivers day. Dock guys and mechanics provide a important service to us drivers and should not be put down because of it.

I did not mean to offend the good guys, just the one who is on his high horse. I see drivers who come back tired from actually working hard all day and still can manage a smile. Then I see the guys who come back clean, half their load and complaining about everything. Meanwhile I am out there humping my butt off for the ungrateful jaskasses. All he can say is drivers are the backbone....get a life

I did not mean to offend the good guys, just the one who is on his high horse. I see drivers who come back tired from actually working hard all day and still can manage a smile. Then I see the guys who come back clean, half their load and complaining about everything. Meanwhile I am out there humping my butt off for the ungrateful jaskasses. All he can say is drivers are the backbone....get a life

No offense taken M8. Its just we are all in this together and have to make the best of it.

Hope you had a great holiday :)