Central Transport | Vitran quotes

com-on

TB Lurker
Credits
This company never stops say the most interesting things so I thought that I would start a quote page to see the best quotes.

Tm '' what do you mean you don't have enough hours? I know you broke down a lot this week but you can just show sleeper berth to save your hours''.

Over heard a meeting with out bound. Tm'' I would take a bullet for you mother ******s! I know you would take a ****en bullet for me! Just don't **** me!''

TM on the phone with the shop "well we need a truck....well it's not going out of town....oh shoot i think that will be good enough for the city.....yeah we will get back tomorrow" TM to Driver 'go to the shop and get that truck take few gallons of anti-freeze with you just fill it up with water at the customer"

whether it was concerning a del or pickup, we would be told, "that customer is hot". i was told that once after i went to a pickup and the person told me they were closed for the day. lol.

Train.....I have three appts at 7:00 and I can't be at three places at once.....Planner....I didn't set them go talk to the girls that set them and do the best you can.

"i have to be off work at 6 because i'm out of hours and it's 4:30 and i'm an hour away."....." can you pick this up on your way in?"

"i need to be off at 6 because i only have 11 hrs to work today and i'm out of hours"....."what time did you punch in?"....."7"....."you got until 7:30"....."it's punch to punch, lunch is not in the equation."....." COME IN!" (click).

com-on is a creative genius.

This was in a Driver's meeting. TM said "Guys, you are going to have to STOP writing up your trucks. If you HAVE to get something fixed tag it and tell the shop, but the girls in the office have too much work to do to keep track of all these repairs."

This guy is now traveling around America teaching other terminal managers how to run their terminals.

Out bound line haul manager (high dollar fed ex management finally learning the Vitran way)

Manager: "I got ya ready. It is a 50,000 lb van."

Driver: "I am not pulling that."

Manager: "Okay, got plenty of drivers who will."

Driver "I have two lights out on my truck"

Shop manager "We do not have those"

Driver "I am going to put it out of service then"

Manager "you cannot put that out of service for just two lights being out".

Driver "I can, and am"

When the driver got back out with another set of keys for a different truck the lights were being replaced.

Driver on phone with Linehaul "I am not going to make it back to the terminal before my hours are up"

Linehaul "Thats fine, just have your TM 'cushion you in'"

Driver on phone with Linehaul "I am not going to make it back to the terminal before my hours are up"

Linehaul "Thats fine, just have your TM 'cushion you in'"

"Things are getting better"....
smiley-laughing024.gif

Driver'' we have to lights out on the set and the front box only has inspection paper from 2011''. Tm oh we'll it's daytime so your ok on the lights and you can get a copy of the inspection from dispatch.'' Dispatch'' we don't have the inspection copy's call the shop". Shop " wow call dispatch they should have it no one has ever asked for one of those". This was 36 hrs ago