Central Transport | Vitran starts to cut pay by 5%

coorslite47

TB Lurker
Credits
:TR10driving03:

We just got the news that plg barn will have a 5% pay cut to all employees!
Slowly but surely were being cut to the bone.

The whole industry is being cut to the bone. There are so many companies that are pricing so low that it is impossible to make a profit. I would think that once these companies realize that their pricing is horrible and go under, the companies who stay the course will become profitable once again. At one time we could go anywhere and find a job to make a decent living, no it is almost impossible. Things will turn around for us in the future and once again, we can be treated as humans and not numbers. I hate the fact that we had to take the cut, but if it helps the big picture so be it.

And it all starts, now all of lets all make sure this company makes money so we can be profitable and able to buy another company or two and then let them stick it in our AS*ES.

Like overtime,cola,raises,NO seniority at all,No RESPECT,Filthy terminals

Now you see how to tell when Vitran lies to All of us!!!
If ya dont know by now its when they open thier mouths....

What lies have they told you? If you are that unhappy go try and find a job that pays the same and puts up with your positive attitude. If we would clean up after ourselves maybe the terminals would not be so dirty...I have been in trucks that were horrible

PM lacking everywhere. But hey-it's about the almighty dollar.
If it's so bad, why did our terminal hire more drivers because we are so busy? But still shuffling schedules,etc. to avoid overtime. Now the new hires will not only not get off of the 90 day interim pay, but now get a 5% loss. Nice.

And it all starts, now all of lets all make sure this company makes money so we can be profitable and able to buy another company or two and then let them stick it in our AS*ES.

Like overtime,cola,raises,NO seniority at all,No RESPECT,Filthy terminals

Now you see how to tell when Vitran lies to All of us!!!
If ya dont know by now its when they open thier mouths....

DEAD CENTER BULLSEYE,I can tell that Rpompeo has been working for good ol Vitran for some time, he knows the truth. People think I have a bad attitude about the company I work for but I am only frowning from the bs that I smell everyday.

Even though we are busy again, and hiring drivers.. We are just feeling the effects from being slow those past 3-4 months.. Their's some very good logic behind what is going on right now.. It's kinda hard to explain.. We need drivers right now.. We need equipment etc.. Only way to get these things is by making some cuts.. This way we don't burn ourselves if the industry gets worse.. We are somewhat covered because we are using money that we already have from current revenue.. Not banking on money we could be collecting in 60/90 days.. The goal is to weather the storm, and come out stronger.. I hate to say this but..... As long as we are staying pretty busy.. Everybody has the option to work an extra day to make up the 5%.. I know most of us dont like working an extra day...lol.. But it is an option...

As far as the bathrooms...lol... I know some terminals that in the past made efforts to clean them up, and even replace tile/broken doors etc... After two weeks they where trashed again.. So I dont blame the company... I blame a few idiots..

I hate the fact that we had to take the cut, but if it helps the big picture so be it.[/QUOTE]

WILL YOU TAKE A FIFTEEN PERCENT TO HELP OUT THE COMPANY:nutkick:

The way I look at it, we are all investing in each other. When the economy was doing well we made decent money. Now that things are rough we need to give back. I am a firm believer in what comes around goes around. We have to remember that we are no longer a family owned company and we have stock holders to answer to. You have a right to be negative here, but please do not be negative on the street....We are the best sales people...we are the ones who see customers and deal with the public. To make everyone happy I am going to end my postings...this seems to be a place to complain...IF YOU ARE UNHAPPY, DO US ALL A FAVOR QUIT!!!!!!!!!!

yes we are the best sales people the customers have take a look at these junk trailers and the customers and general public can form there own opinion on vitran

The way I look at it, we are all investing in each other. When the economy was doing well we made decent money. Now that things are rough we need to give back. I am a firm believer in what comes around goes around. We have to remember that we are no longer a family owned company and we have stock holders to answer to. You have a right to be negative here, but please do not be negative on the street....We are the best sales people...we are the ones who see customers and deal with the public. To make everyone happy I am going to end my postings...this seems to be a place to complain...IF YOU ARE UNHAPPY, DO US ALL A FAVOR QUIT!!!!!!!!!!
Spoken like an executive that didn't get the 5% cut. Allow some of us "little folks" to vent here, as the cut does sting and make our home life and budget harder. 5% is about equal to a car payment. We are living with it, but it still causes life changes...
Showing up a customer with a leaking trailer in the rain, doors falling off,etc. speaks volumes. But so does the 83% discount they are getting. :TR10driving03:

Dude,
You are just contradicting your self do your self a favor peddle freight like the rest of us and leave the bullshit to the philosophers!

Spoken like an executive that didn't get the 5% cut. Allow some of us "little folks" to vent here, as the cut does sting and make our home life and budget harder. 5% is about equal to a car payment. We are living with it, but it still causes life changes...
Showing up a customer with a leaking trailer in the rain, doors falling off,etc. speaks volumes. But so does the 83% discount they are getting. :TR10driving03:

I promise you everybody is taking a 5% pay cut.. I mean everybody... From the top on down.. We are in a way one big family, and everybody is going to be making an adjustment to get through this... Good god.. I sound like a company man... *uck.... lol.... Maybe it's just my age catching up with me, cause I used to *****/complain in the past.. Now I look at things differently.. I see whats going on.. I ask plenty of questions, and know the right people to get straight forward answers from... And if I feel i'm being told a bunch of BS.. I drag them out side and beat the person until I do get a straight forward answer...lol.. just kidding about the beating part... ...And you sure are right about the 83% discount..lol...

Anybody here any knews about ups ltl??? If anything I would be worried about them causing the huge *** discounts.. They have plenty of money to underbid most any company.. Thus causing the smaller companies to go under... Once the have a stronghold on the market.. They will raise there prices.. But until then it's survival of the cheapest...

Well lets all drink from the company kool aid. lol lets see the issue of pm being over due on the equipment. Its all up to terminals and I see alot of junk coming from Vitran more then from Pjax. The mechanic will have job security with all the crap goin down the roads.If the company would bring us all under one company and pay structure the employees would be lot happier.the 5% pay cut would not be so bad if we made $28 dollors a hour but we are one of the lowest payed employees in the ltl business so 5% is a lot to us.To the kool aid pushers get us under one company pay us the same it would get a lot better faster