Central Transport | Vitran starts to cut pay by 5%

we should work for free to right. how do we pay our bills ask the banks to take 15% less ask the utilitys to take 15% less our kids schools to take 15% less ETC,ETC,ETC

sounds like another pay cut prediction

I'm guessing they are going to equal out the pay.. So everybody is under the same structure... I could be wrong, but if you watched all of the videos.. That was mentioned.. Everything that has been done so far MINUS the 5%.. Was mentioned in his videos this past year or so.. The pay thing would be the next step...

And I can sit here and b itch and complain about the company, but at least I still have a job.. I'm not losing my house like my neighbor.. He and his wife both lost there job about eight months ago... I just have to cut back until things get better again... Ya know.. We may work long hours, but we also make a pretty decent living too.. Everybody just try and remain somewhat positive.. We will all get through this..

Sounds like me the kool aid is starting to flow. Why would vitran bring pjax driver up the pay scale? I would be looking for them to drop pay more and use the present state of the industry to take money from us .

I am sure it is the same at every terminal, (my opinion) but if some people would just work the hours needed to do the job, and not think they need to have 10-12 hours every single day, then maybe it might not have been 5 %. Maybe 2,3 %. I see it every day. You can set a clock by some drivers whether they are empty or full. If you are going to steal time from the company, they are just going to steal incentives right back. Just a thought.

I am sure it is the same at every terminal, (my opinion) but if some people would just work the hours needed to do the job, and not think they need to have 10-12 hours every single day, then maybe it might not have been 5 %. Maybe 2,3 %. I see it every day. You can set a clock by some drivers whether they are empty or full. If you are going to steal time from the company, they are just going to steal incentives right back. Just a thought.

they only said 5% percent because that is what all the other ltl carriers did, monkey see monkey do. hopefully some other carrier will lay off excessive people in the office and maybe Vitran will follow.

Really sounds like the koolaid is flowing now is it canadan red ? Lets face the facts every one is thinking of how to get and keep there pay check the same. people will do what they have to survive. there are some who are greedy and willing to go that extra mile to get more out of this company and this time if its driver or dock worker or mechanic they will do what they think they have to survive at there current level of life.

Really sounds like the koolaid is flowing now is it canadan red ? Lets face the facts every one is thinking of how to get and keep there pay check the same. people will do what they have to survive. there are some who are greedy and willing to go that extra mile to get more out of this company and this time if its driver or dock worker or mechanic they will do what they think they have to survive at there current level of life.

Only problem I see with that is.. Then it will take forever for the rest of us to get our 5% back.. Because the company really isn't saving anything.. Esp if peps are milking the clock.. AND I WANT MY 5% BACK!!! So if I catch anybody milking the clock.. You better give me some money to keep me quiet..lol.... j/k... Lets just all hang in there!! We all do a great job... Things will get better!!!!

You will get your raise when the other LTL co's start giving out raises. Its going to come down to who can hold out the longest on giving anything back. Think about it, they lost $2.4 million in the first quarter out of $134 million. How much did they lose because of rate cuts in the negative to keep a customer? The 5% is because the share holders saw every other company doing it and if you think a share holder is going to take a loss first then you are drinking the koolaid.

You will get your raise when the other LTL co's start giving out raises. Its going to come down to who can hold out the longest on giving anything back. Think about it, they lost $2.4 million in the first quarter out of $134 million. How much did they lose because of rate cuts in the negative to keep a customer? The 5% is because the share holders saw every other company doing it and if you think a share holder is going to take a loss first then you are drinking the koolaid.
Hmmm. Anyone notice that they have started to contract out Line Haul loads to US Express? Started this week. Or how about the CSX (intermodal) trailers that are in some of our terminal yards, being loaded at our docks (a lot-not just one or two) ? I think this is the part that they mentioned a while back about "streamlining line haul". So, 5% cut, and now contracting out work. It's all about the almighty $ now...:ranting2:

See a Chizac come through every once in a while. Have been hearing that Chicago is getting hammered so maybe its to help catch them up.

See a Chizac come through every once in a while. Have been hearing that Chicago is getting hammered so maybe its to help catch them up.

BINGO! Some terminals seem to need extra help until they can get people hired etc... WE need equipment too...