Central Transport | Vitran Union Busting Attempt

canadian

TB Lurker
Credits
From a newspaper ad Jan 25,2008

The dockworkers are members of the Teamsters and are in negotiations.

Request For Proposal

Request For Proposal Vitran Express Canada Inc. , is a provider of less-than-truckload (LTL) service throughout Canada and the United States. We are considering divesting ourselves of the dock labour component of our business in Toronto. As such we are inviting and reviewing outsourcing options that could lead to a "dock contractor" type arrangement to supply manpower for the loading and unloading of freight shipments in and out of our Toronto cross dock terminal. Interested parties will be expected to sign a non-disclosure agreement as volume information is commercially confidential. Once interested parties are identified, they will be contacted to schedule meetings for further discussions regarding the project. If interested in pursuing this opportunity submit your request for proposal outlining experience by February 8, 2008 to the following email address: [email protected]

Ad number : 14774429-0500-0520

Ad placed on January 25 2008
Source : Toronto Sun
Category 313 - Business Opportunities

Does this really surprise anyone?

I remember them posting anti union propaganda stuff on the bulletin board at work not that long ago.

Why?

Let me tell you why people seek the unions.Its because of worthless tms who dont follow seniority,new guys in new trucks(buddys lol)and older guys in junk,unsafe and unlawful practices(this is done at our terminal on a daily basis).TM trying to re-invent the dot laws(not allowed to fill out virs,must fill out routine maintenance sheet and sign vir clear,I will no longer comply).TM telling lies about employee performance.All of these things lower moral and decrease performance.Wanna see some profit,make your employees happy and pay/benefits usually have little to do with it.Retaliation on an employee for complying with the dot guidelines just shows how low their management can be to the rest of the drivers/dockworkers.It makes you think you will be next.Im outta here soon but vitran should take out the trash!