SAIA | vnomics monitor attachment problems

Dracula

TB Veteran
Credits
The vnomics monitors are attached to the fuse access plate which is below the cup holder and above the ash tray. This access plate is only held in place by two screws. The weight of the monitor cracked the area around the screws and the whole mess fell out of the dashboard. This happened twice before I gave up and set the monitor on top of the dashboard.To make matters worse, each time that the monitor fell the tractor bumped as if I had dropped a trailer onto the frame. I don't know whether the monitor connection had anything to do with the bump but it only happened the two times that the monitor fell. You might want to check the plate screws.

I don't think much thought was put into the weight of the system and the strength of the plastic. We had a couple spares where they fell off on us while taking the tractors back. It seems they would have made plate a few inches long and an inch or 2 wide to go on the back side of the dash and also used blots with atleast blue loctite to mount it. That would solve the structural problem for the most part b/c that plate would spread the weight and shock across a much wider area than 1" x 1". I guess not everyone in trucking went to college for structural engineering :funky:

:chairshot:What kind of bonus do we get by saving the company fuel via the computer? Just what I thought, none. Even though my scores are pretty good(didn't really know we kept score, childish crap). My tractor uses more fuel per fill up than ever.

I cant beleve they put this stuff in tractors pushing a million miles, They should have spent the money fixing existing problems with the equipment, If the company dosent trust the drivers why did they hire them? Looks to me like some vendor piped a load of sunshine up someone.:butt kiss:

I vote we scrap the whole vnomics thing!!!!
+1 If I shift where they want me to. I burn more fuel. If I shift it at 15-1600 in all gears I burn less. I think we need some I.T. guy telling us how to drive. There is ON PAPER then there is Reality. The vnomics just gave the pea counters another equation to calculate. "vnomics is saving the company millions on fuel cost"

DementedInc said:
+1 If I shift where they want me to. I burn more fuel. If I shift it at 15-1600 in all gears I burn less. I think we need some I.T. guy telling us how to drive. There is ON PAPER then there is Reality. The vnomics just gave the pea counters another equation to calculate. "vnomics is saving the company millions on fuel cost"

Vnomics ain't doing crap to save this company money the new 13 letter **** spreaders make better fuel mileage than the Volvos. All you gentlemen that want to drive one have at it I'll stuck to My 07 until they pry it away from me she has 873713 miles on her and I don't see them getting rid of her anytime soon. The Vnomics is for the electronic logging and GPS . I have a friend whos company is using this system and if they use it the same way his company is you better watch your back it monitors all aspects of the truck gas Pedal movements braking how hard how many times you hit pedal it logs all Vorad info it uses GPS to watch if you speed if t says 35 better do it pulls the speed and logs it the. Saia will be able to download everything and hand you a print out showing overspeed over rev hard braking number of time truck stopped and where for how long if it idled longer than 3 min r longer.

How bout vnomics on the hostle trucks that are wfo or hard on brakes, then left to idle for HOURS ! while the hostle guy drives a fork truck,

if that be the case they must like seeing my passenger seat. It is considered a distraction therefore I wont bother with it.

I saw a saia truck pass me today.i saw in the cab.besides the driver..lol.what looked like to me was a some kind of camera located on the passenger side on the dash.is a camera what i saw?

I think that is so sorry of the company to place any device in a truck to watch or record audio of a driver.where i work under contract.a driver or any other employee cannot be fired or disciplined by using a camera or any audio device.