New Penn | Voluntary Quit

realityofitall

TB Regular
Credits
I am thinking of quitting New Penn. Is there any special way that you have to do it being a union employee ? Much thanks for any info.

I'm thinking you just have to get a withdrawal card from the hall??? I'm sure someone smarter than me will be along soon.

Union withdrawal card is recommended. Given the industry no real notice is needed. Just tell them that you're done and leave. Good luck wherever you're headed.

(1) Get the withdrawal card.
(2) While no real notice is expected, it is the professional thing to do. Whether or not they honor that and let you stay on during that time-frame is up to them.

Make sure this is what you really want to do and not let your head lead your heart. Get your card and Good Luck. Sometimes looking back really hurts.

use your sick days personal days vacation days to try out the new job before you quit . put the longest date you can meaning use up all your time plus a couple more days then date it for that .used up time. you'll never know

Reactions: ESP
use your sick days personal days vacation days to try out the new job before you quit . put the longest date you can meaning use up all your time plus a couple more days then date it for that .used up time. you'll never know
yes that is the right thing to do. Once you quit you may have other thoughts about the whole issue.

Sorry had to do that. Use your days, Get the withdrawal card, they have a standard resignation form you date and sign. Best of luck to you!

We just had 2 guys from New Penn approved for employment here at ABF. They claim their tired of the bull ::shit::!

They ruined New Penn too?
Hell yea, that used to be the cream of the crop. Late model equipment and all. Now they pull old Red Star trailers around, get a pittance contributed to their pensions and they are probably still the premium cash cow of the conglomerate while all their efforts go towards bonuses for the upper echelon. I don't understand how they can go to work each way and give a good conscientious day's work for it all.

After last weekends union meeting
With guys being told how bad the pension fund-is I am sure more will follow in Jersey

Close
I'm in the New England pension fund and we were told that it is on the rebound and in pretty good shape with no changes coming for current and future participants.luckily we're not a stand alone fund like a lot of them are.Were 5 states strong.We also have a new hybrid fund that old and new employers can get into with no withdrawal liability to them.The catch is they still have to pay down the old liability on the old fund over X amount of years while making contributions in the new one.What that does is gives the underfunded one a shot in arm which is needed!The other thing I forgot to mention is that under the new pension plan the negotiated rate that the employer agrees on will never change. It's a win win in my opinion