Volvo Ignition Key

nemf

TB Lurker
Credits
Are all Volvo truck laser cut ignition keys universal or are just all the NEMF Vovlo keys universal to our specific trucks? I know you can get a key from the dealer with the VIN but if I can buy one cheaper elsewhere I'd rather do that. J/w because P&D keeps "losing" keys.

Your company's keys are universal. I'm pretty positive the key to my '05 would not fit one of you guys' '05's. Volvo switched the key type in late '05 - early '06 though. They went from the key end being thicker and rectangular, to being thinner and more normal looking.

is it me or does the keys have alittle trouble starting..i sat in the truck and tried for like 5 min with 3 different keys and i couldnt start the dam truck lol..only here i tell ya

Email To: Terminal Manager
Once again there was no Volvo key last night for [unit # XXXXX]. [P&D Supervisor] claims it was there Monday morning. I purchased my own key from the Volvo dealer on Friday and used that in [unit #XXXXX] last night. Today [P&D Supervisor] told me I have to give him my key and not to use [unit #XXXXX] tonight because I cannot use a truck and not leave them a key. If I didn't have my own key, they still wouldn't have one anyway, so that isn't very good logic. Even though [P&D Supervisor] does have his own key. Why can he have one but not me? They are obviously using the truck somehow, so if I have to leave a key then so should he. I know how to keep track of the key, it's not my fault P&D keeps losing and/or keeping the key. Where does the key keep going? Nobody seems to care. You can do what you have to do but I'm not giving anyone the key I paid $32 for.

Reply to Me:
Tonight - everyone is to turn in their keys and I will be placing key tags on them. No one is to have their own personal keys.

Terminal Manager
New England Motor Freight (NEMF)

That sucks! If it were that way here at Saia, there would be no tractors to drive for lack of keys between people leaving them in their pocket or losing them.

dude, if you did indeed spend $32 for a key..give the receipt to the mananger..why complain here..it gets you nothing...i will tell you, if you would have gone straight to him in the beginning this would never have happened...good luck

If he tells you that no one is allowed to have their own key to the company vehicle, even though you have a receipt, and forces you to turn it in,then smash your property(the key) with a hammer before you give it to him. Make sure you have your receipt though.

dude, if you did indeed spend $32 for a key..give the receipt to the mananger..why complain here..it gets you nothing...i will tell you, if you would have gone straight to him in the beginning this would never have happened...good luck

Believe me, I already tried that.

Email To: Terminal Manager
Once again there was no Volvo key last night for [unit # XXXXX]. [P&D Supervisor] claims it was there Monday morning. I purchased my own key from the Volvo dealer on Friday and used that in [unit #XXXXX] last night. Today [P&D Supervisor] told me I have to give him my key and not to use [unit #XXXXX] tonight because I cannot use a truck and not leave them a key. If I didn't have my own key, they still wouldn't have one anyway, so that isn't very good logic. Even though [P&D Supervisor] does have his own key. Why can he have one but not me? They are obviously using the truck somehow, so if I have to leave a key then so should he. I know how to keep track of the key, it's not my fault P&D keeps losing and/or keeping the key. Where does the key keep going? Nobody seems to care. You can do what you have to do but I'm not giving anyone the key I paid $32 for.

Reply to Me:
Tonight - everyone is to turn in their keys and I will be placing key tags on them. No one is to have their own personal keys.

Terminal Manager
New England Motor Freight (NEMF)

I saw that sign up on our door today!!!!! I laughed......

All the Volvo keys are the for NEMF trucks, except for the trucks they got from Jevic.

We had the key issue a few years back. I suggested and our TM actually went with it that he go get a Volvo and Mack key for everyone and if they come back and say they lost it, charge for replacement. Been almost two years since we went that way, no issues at all since.