New Penn | Volvo singles anyone ?

I hope at least they left your colors alone. It would be a shame to not see the big
GREEN machines on the road.

They are sitting behind the shop in Dunmore waiting for decals, numbers and license plates. These are single axles, and the colors remain the same. ( The new trailers continue to hit the system also, smooth sides with easy slide tandems. )
Don't think this is a complete changeover to Volvos, just a small purchase of the single axles. The new cornbinders with air-ride are making their way into the fleet at the same time.
I still prefer the Mack's ... but I haven't driven a Volvo either, just heard the pro's and con's !

dont think it was npme idea to get volvos, heard we were told to order 20 from yrc. like flstc2000 said waiting for paper work and insurance to get into system, but now i heard that they all have to be checked out again because of stupid things like air lines hooked up backwards, and what ever else was not done right. anybody know where finail assembly is for these volvos?

I saw some Volvos being piggy-backed about 3-4 wks ago on I81N PA around the 145mm. Also I've seen a p&d guy peddling around Maybrook,NY in one of them. We got them at UPSF they ride nice but lots,lots of sensor problems.

I saw some Volvos being piggy-backed about 3-4 wks ago on I81N PA around the 145mm. Also I've seen a p&d guy peddling around Maybrook,NY in one of them. We got them at UPSF they ride nice but lots,lots of sensor problems.

:smilie_132: That was one of the screws,no single axle out of Newburgh...

:smilie_132: That was one of the screws,no single axle out of Newburgh...

I didn't realize if any of them were singles or twins. Just catches my eye everytime I see the green machine in anything other than a Mack or INT. 10-4.

3025540219_10935b2976-1.jpg

[size=+2]cheaper but you can't beat an old[/size]
bulldog_hood_ornament.jpg