Yellow | Vote No FOR PLAN B Too!

'But the big thing is I know(my opinion) the Company will not survive without our help and the banks help. I know I don't want to have to look for another job now. 34 year 2nd generation Teamster. The biggest thing is at least our union leaders were able to possibly say something as far as meeting with the company goes. '
thats some funny stuff right there.

Will someboby set me straight? If what I am reading and do not believe. Will nobody see the new plan, before the vote? or will it be released today for all to see if the 2 man meeting, say it is OK to vote on? This smells to me if no viewing till the hall vote. I hope I got this wrong and you all will see this today or tomarrow. Just read it and vote !!!!!!

Hey !!! Back off the attacks on KK he just starting off some discussions on plan B early is all . The company and the union are not going to give us much time to read or debate the new proposal . The fact that they would do a union hall vote in less than a week is very disturbing to me . We can speculate that its not a great proposal by that fact alone ...

I'm not sure that you've made the case that an extension is unacceptable. I don't think anyone is under the delusion that the company could survive under a full snap back to previous contributions and wages.

The only thing that is unacceptable is advocating that people decide how to vote before reading the proposal. Maybe they can just wait to read your inevitable executive summary?

So...5 more years of wasting your money will be fine with you?
I don't have to read anything to know WE do not get anything back..that's why they call it CONCESSIONS.....KK..

Adorable - I like this post within a post thing. Just like voters in the US we each pick an issue to beat to death. Yours is the responsible use of funds that you consider yours. Once again, I don't consider it my money until it is deposited into an account that I own.

I'm fundamentally interested in the survival of good paying high benefit jobs that allow Teamsters to support their families and provide better opportunities to their kids. If I have to give a little back or enable some incompetent management decisions to make sure those opportunities survive - I will. But I'll damn sure read the proposal first.

Besides, I've lived through 60 years of the government wasting my money but it hasn't made me think "enough is enough" yet! I know the grass may seem greener on the other side when times are tough, but I wouldn't be so quick to make financial demands that the company can't shoulder.
I don't believe that KK was telling anybody how to vote, I believe that he was expressing his thoughts about the upcoming second proposal.

I have not always agreed with all that KK has posted. I believe that if you are a responsible adult, you will vote how you want to and not based on the preachings or written text of someone else.

Like you, I am fundamentally interested in the survival of this company also, but I am not willing to give back more money, so incompetent management can make even more bad decisions to the survival of this company. That has been the problem, incompetent management decisions.

The sacrafice that all the men and women of this company have made, was made with the idea that there would be decisions made to help move the company forward. In recent post I stated that in meetings we have had during the push to get the extension, that I asked what was the business plan to avoid the short comings of the past five years. I was told they were paying down the debt, great, that's a action, not a plan. I don't believe there has been a solid business plan or business model that they are using to help with the ever growing problems that they face.

The money that we give each week, I consider an investment into the growth of the company, and right now the investment is not working well, (just like Social Security). I am not asking for a full snap back, we know that is not possible. The only thing I ask is show me something that will convience me that the money is being used for the betterment of the company and the employees'.

We have all suffered because of poor management decisions, decisions that were made with little of no imput of the employees'. Isn't it time that we say "Enough of the poor decisions, start making decisions for the good of all the people who have given and sacrficied so much for this company"

After someone posts the info of what we are voting on again I would like to see another poll put on this board to see how people are voting again. Last one was not too far off real results.

I am talking with 40 years a teamster now retired yrc.but in that time I never voted for any contracts,and yes I voted every time there was any kind of vote local or national.Members must take a stand an hold strong other wise you might as well just play dead Get involved in your locals In my early years union halls were full at meetings today what do you have maybe 20 out of thousands.This is you livelihood be involved show up and be heard don't hid behind a computer .If two hundred members showed up at a union meeting the board would have a heart attack.Get off your sorry a--es and take a stand stop being a computer wimp.

I'm not sure that you've made the case that an extension is unacceptable. I don't think anyone is under the delusion that the company could survive under a full snap back to previous contributions and wages.

The only thing that is unacceptable is advocating that people decide how to vote before reading the proposal. Maybe they can just wait to read your inevitable executive summary?

So...5 more years of wasting your money will be fine with you?
I don't have to read anything to know WE do not get anything back..that's why they call it CONCESSIONS.....KK..

Adorable - I like this post within a post thing. Just like voters in the US we each pick an issue to beat to death. Yours is the responsible use of funds that you consider yours. Once again, I don't consider it my money until it is deposited into an account that I own.

I'm fundamentally interested in the survival of good paying high benefit jobs that allow Teamsters to support their families and provide better opportunities to their kids. If I have to give a little back or enable some incompetent management decisions to make sure those opportunities survive - I will. But I'll damn sure read the proposal first.

Besides, I've lived through 60 years of the government wasting my money but it hasn't made me think "enough is enough" yet! I know the grass may seem greener on the other side when times are tough, but I wouldn't be so quick to make financial demands that the company can't shoulder.

Let me make the case real simple for you. with 5 more years of this we will have subjected Central States Pension fund to 1 year of no contributions and 7+ years of 25% of 2009 level contributions. Just how long into this before Central States is in the Pension Guaranty Act??? Please don't tell me the same old lame statement that if they close there will be no contributions. We voted RESOUNDINGLY NO 2 weeks ago and they didn't close the doors. In fact where I live they are hanging banners for the Truck Rodeos, hiring 19 guys in my terminal (last time I checked the calender said January) So we are going out of business how????????????????????

If vote no it will be the end of being a teamster.....

If vote yes to a bad agreement that puts teamsters out of a job "Purchased Transportation", it may no longer be an advantage to call yourself a teamster. Examine any proposal carefully. Don`t vote one way or another based on threats. Vote to protect all the teamster jobs.

I AGREE 100% WITH EVERYTHING YOU JUST SAID!! I'd sure like to know who will be counting these votes! There is 162 locals! How on earth can these be counted accurately! We NEED the 3rd party counter like our last vote so everything is handled correctly! The union needs to mail out ballots as prior and DO THIS RIGHT!!

Yeah, I know....we don't have it yet, but it will still be an extension of giving them back 15% out of our checks each week for the next 5 years!
In my case, that would be another $213 per week in mileage pay (does not include any clock time) and another $228 per week in lost Pension Credits!

Thats just a minimum of $22,932 per year for just me....many more have amounts greater than that.

AND, just where has all that money gone to that we were told was needed to pay off the Company's dept?

EVEN if plan B is nothing more than an extension of what we have NOW, is unacceptable......as you know, this is not the first....nor the second....nor the third time....etc...etc, that they have come back for another drink at the well.....We voted "Our Own Destiny" on 1/9/14 and they did not like the outcome, so lets hurry, hurry and vote again before it is too late.

NO MEANS NO....NO PENSION, NO EXTENSIONS....NO MORE CONCESSIONS!.............KK

Is there better available to you in your area?
If not you better rethink that no vote working for less is working less no matter where it is.

I voted YES back in 2009 because I wanted to HELP!! Now looking at the numbers of all the bonuses handed out to upper management during the last couple of years I say I'M DONE TRYING TO HELP! I myself and I'm sure many others have been looking forward to 2015 so we could financially get our lives back on track! With the 15% giveback and no pension funding we pretty much are operating like a nonunion company only we have to pay monthly union dues!!

I will add that IMO it is reckless AND irresponsible to demand a vote yes or no, SIGHT UNSEEN.

It still amazes me the people on here that think YRC Worldwide, is just pissing away 15 percent of everyone's paycheck weekly. They cannot understand that we were at full scale when this corporation was grossing over 10 billion a year, but think they are pocketing it and we now gross barely 5 billion all together now.

How much was your bonus?

The same as yours that's not the point, management gets bonuses as part of their package would you rather they upped his salary and paid him a guaranteed amount instead of a lessor amount and a promise for more if certain goals are met.