Yellow | Vote No FOR PLAN B Too!

Sure it does. If you don't agree you're more than welcome to start your own forum.

You'd be changing your tune if it was "Vote YES for Plan B".

I guess you don't get the part about it being a "sticky" because a moderator decided that himself about his own post. Little bit of conflict there.

I get it, I also understand it's his board to with as he chooses. Don't like it, leave. Nobody made you come here.

I get it, I also understand it's his board to with as he chooses. Don't like it, leave. Nobody made you come here.

Do you have any idea what you're talking about? It's not his board to do with what he chooses. Get informed before making foolish statements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I understand. He's the moderator and able to make calls and do things you can't which has got your panties in a wad. Get over it or leave.

Yes I understand. He's the moderator and able to make calls and do things you can't which has got your panties in a wad. Get over it or leave.

If I wore panties we'd probably be too much alike. I'll decide to leave if and when it suits me and I'll make comments on any issue that concerns me.

Moderators are supposed to be fair and impartial, 99% of the time KK is, but topics like this can become a little to close to the heart and it's hard to throw your beliefs aside when you have the power :)

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

With all due respect to all of you....I am a NO vote plain and simple, wither it is Plan B, C,D and the rest of the alphabet as long as it has to do with continuing concessions...plain and simple....On another point, y'all have no problem with the information I have supplied to you all since 1997 on here....but when you don't agree with me putting a sticky on MY post....you have a problem with it. I have my opinion too....get over it.

I receive more praises from LONG TIME MEMBERS OF TB for doing the right thing and provoke you to think twice on a subject, and a few malcontents will not change me at all.....I don't care if you vote yes or no....I do care if you don't vote and continue bitching though!

NO MORE CONCESSIONS....KK

Yes you have your opinion. But when it is just your opinion make a thread just like the rest of us. To make your OPINION a sticky to me is abusing your status. Lets use the stickies for things factual.

I agree, how do they expect the sleeper teams that are on the road to vote? When are the hours to vote at your local? Is it only during the regular meeting? Local 710 General Membership meeting - January 26 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
So does that mean I have only that one hour window in which to go in to vote?

Yeah, I know....we don't have it yet, but it will still be an extension of giving them back 15% out of our checks each week for the next 5 years!
In my case, that would be another $213 per week in mileage pay (does not include any clock time) and another $228 per week in lost Pension Credits!

Thats just a minimum of $22,932 per year for just me....many more have amounts greater than that.

AND, just where has all that money gone to that we were told was needed to pay off the Company's dept?

EVEN if plan B is nothing more than an extension of what we have NOW, is unacceptable......as you know, this is not the first....nor the second....nor the third time....etc...etc, that they have come back for another drink at the well.....We voted "Our Own Destiny" on 1/9/14 and they did not like the outcome, so lets hurry, hurry and vote again before it is too late.

NO MEANS NO....NO PENSION, NO EXTENSIONS....NO MORE CONCESSIONS!.............KK

Hey KK don't forget a no vote means NO JOBS AT YRC FREIGHT....NO if ands or buts we are going down this time..... I wonder has Randy Brown already have you a job to go to. Maybe that's why you are so bold. I have a problem with anyone that wishes his brother or sister to lose his job. This is not like a regular negotiation. THis is a company on it's last leg and we are the only one's that can save it. We may not have been the one's that got them here. But a no vote will definitely send them over the cliff. And there is only one more fr8 company with our pension and we all can't go there. And what about our brother's and sisters that have already retired. Where does this put them. Im sure their bennies will be reduced also

If this plan B passes and I stay here and work for another 20 years what will I have to show for it? I will only have 25% of a so called pension which will not amount to anything. If they close the doors I can at least go to another company with a matching 401k and in 20 years I will have more with a 401k than the pension. I gave back over 15000 last year with the 15% while YRC was paying out millions in bonuses instead of paying down the debt. I still say NO NO NO!!!

If this plan B passes and I stay here and work for another 20 years what will I have to show for it? I will only have 25% of a so called pension which will not amount to anything. If they close the doors I can at least go to another company with a matching 401k and in 20 years I will have more with a 401k than the pension. I gave back over 15000 last year with the 15% while YRC was paying out millions in bonuses instead of paying down the debt. I still say NO NO NO!!!

This may be a stupid question, but what is stopping you from going to that other company with the 401k? Are you handcuffed or chained to this job and you're not allowed to leave of your own free will? I'm really confused. Not trying to be funny, but please tell me what is preventing you from going someplace else that you feel is better for you?

Did you ever do something that didn't turn out so well later on? None of us have a crystal ball and who knows what would have happened if the economy didn't take a huge (worst since the Great Depression) downturn. The point is the situation is what it is and we can't go back and undo anything.
Guys and gals, has ANYBODY read between the lines on this? For dockworkers, there will be overtime out the wazoo because NOBODY in their functioning mind is going to come to work in this place on a Saturday night at 2200 in the freezing cold in Buffalo (or Chicago, Denver, Maybrook, Cleveland, etc. etc) for $11.90 per hour. They won't be able to hire anybody!! For office clerks, they won't be able to hire anybody who is qualified to do the work for that kind of money. So.....overtime out the wazoo! This "negotiated" proposal is going to COST this company more money, not save it any.
The only silver lining is this: If this goes through and they appease the bankers to refinance, then next year WE can demand a modification because they won't be able to replace us with much of anybody. Just a thought!

I AGREE 100% WITH EVERYTHING YOU JUST SAID!! I'd sure like to know who will be counting these votes! There is 162 locals! How on earth can these be counted accurately! We NEED the 3rd party counter like our last vote so everything is handled correctly! The union needs to mail out ballots as prior and DO THIS RIGHT!!
Sir, I agree with you ABSOLUTELY!!! We need to DEMAND that when the Local tallies are faxed to the IBT (that's how it's going to work), that a group of YRC employee observers from both opinions are present to observe the computations. This is NON-negotiable as far as I'm concerned.

Tony, YRC is a dead duck, just keeps flopping around. We ALL ARE GOING TO OUT OF WORK IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE, save the the time & money........

And just how much are you going to put into this 401k of yours brother. You have to pay for your insurance first. And then you have to meet that deductible. And it won't be the $100/$200 you get with teamster plan. But again I got to ask the same question Triplex did. There is nothing but air and opportunity. Go get that job now..... Let me and triplex stay here work thru this lousy mou while you rack up the big bucks

If you earned $100,000+ before the 15%, your words. Then you're way past hard charger. You live in that snooze cruiser.