Yellow | Vote No FOR PLAN B Too!

And just how much are you going to put into this 401k of yours brother. You have to pay for your insurance first. And then you have to meet that deductible. And it won't be the $100/$200 you get with teamster plan. But again I got to ask the same question Triplex did. There is nothing but air and opportunity. Go get that job now..... Let me and triplex stay here work thru this lousy mou while you rack up the big bucks
Slight difference between you & triplex.... He's retired....

If this plan B passes and I stay here and work for another 20 years what will I have to show for it? I will only have 25% of a so called pension which will not amount to anything. If they close the doors I can at least go to another company with a matching 401k and in 20 years I will have more with a 401k than the pension. I gave back over 15000 last year with the 15% while YRC was paying out millions in bonuses instead of paying down the debt. I still say NO NO NO!!!

You made over 100,000 last year? And would quit and go somewhere else to start out making probably half that? I would be telling YRC to Kiss My A@@ too.

I get it, I also understand it's his board to with as he chooses. Don't like it, leave. Nobody made you come here.

No, It's Jeff's website. Perhaps you should start your own and pick and choose who can post.

No, your numbers are WAY off. We each moved around 40,000 on a good day, high 30s on a not so good day

Not sure where you get your figures, but yes, I am sure Roadway was moving 80,000 plus a day, and grossing 3-5 million a day in revenue before Yellow even thought of buying them. I am also sure Yellow was neck and neck with us. Ask any management person from either company if you know one who was at either company at that time.. I started with Roadway in 85, and they were on that course all the way until at least 2000.

Right now i'm leaning for the no vote maybe somebody can change my mind but i'm fed up been 23 yrs but if i have to start over i will some company will get real big real quick right now we average over 900 bill a day inbound no other company around here can handle that many inbound bills a day somebody will be begging for drivers

Because you comment on every subject all day/nite long , if you still drive for yrc that could be one of the reasons thy are in the shape their in.... Lol

Good reply. I could be out on LOA, out sick, out on disability, in management (which many have believed), laid off, or maybe even a high school kid who likes truckers and just pretends to be one on here. Who knows??? :biglaugh:

Not sure where you get your figures, but yes, I am sure Roadway was moving 80,000 plus a day, and grossing 3-5 million a day in revenue before Yellow even thought of buying them. I am also sure Yellow was neck and neck with us. Ask any management person from either company if you know one who was at either company at that time.. I started with Roadway in 85, and they were on that course all the way until at least 2000.
Fair comment/question: look at the annual reports for the last few years. In 2007, the corporation did revenue of just under $9 Billion. In 2012 that shrunk to $4.8 billion. That works out to about a 45% reduction. If your 80,000 for Roadway were correct, the differences in those year-to-year revenue figures would be MUCH larger. I stand by my numbers.

Vote YES, don't cut your brothers throat in this economy. Not everyone has other options so to screw thousands of people out of jobs over personal self interest is totally wrong. I could see why lots of people are feed up after watching this battle go on for years but think of the most vulnerable among the workers and put their interest first over some grudge against the company or bankers or middle managers.

YRC isn't going to survive long term because the fleet is falling apart and all the debt and pensions so keep it alive long enough for people to be able to move on or get their last few years in before retirement. How could anyone think it's ok to screw people out of jobs they desperately need ?

Disclaimer
Not YRC employee
former driver, short spell union driver, too long at scumbag companies
investor who will cash in on a NO vote but not looking to make money off other peoples suffering.

On the first offer, they stated that it was" either accept it or we`ll close the doors". Well, that statement wasn`t true. Now YRC has shown that they can not be believed. What will plan "B" offer? My guess is not much more. Everyone has a vote and can vote however they want, but I hope everyone examines these offers very carefully and looks at the long term consequences for themselves and their co-workers before they vote for something that can have a very negative outcome for any of the YRC rank and file. Both the company and the union have a vested interest in getting the agreement ratified. If you vote for a bad agreement, the only losers will be the YRC employees.

You know,
In my opinion, the trouble is the changing of words. Cut and Save - they seem interchangeable, Cut money/save money except that they mean too completely different things. One implies to get rid of something the other implies to keep something put away. If you use them with finances they have drastically different meanings. Cut $$ - to reduce expenditures. Save $$ to put money away for future use.

YRC stated that they are in desperate financial trouble. They have debt that needs to be refinanced and some of the requirements to refinance that debt include getting a labor contract. YRC said that they would be facing a bankruptcy if they don't get a contract with labor - can you deny this? YRC is currently facing a bankruptcy... the clock is ticking....and it's getting louder. YRC said they must refinance the debt by Feb 15th - Has this date changed? Those are facts that haven't changed. Read the financials, the newspapers etc... it's all there. They haven't' lied about it. NOW - I challenge anyone to find me something sent by the company that says "ratify or we close". There isn't anything. They did say they didn't have a plan B. Well - they didn't, now they do. I never believed they would close the doors when the vote came back... but I do believe their troubles didn't get better and in fact became more urgent and pressing when the vote came back NO.

Lets take a look at the "losers and winners" for just a moment -
YES vote -
Company stays in business - has a chance to change course and make it back from the brink of disaster (Which no trucking company has done yet... so I'm told)
Union - lives to fight another day - it's looking like if YRC closes the UNION is all but gone.
Employees - they have taken cuts, yes... they have made sacrifices, yes.... they have good paying jobs, with better than average health and dental. They have a decent place to work while the economy recovers.. they have the freedom to leave at anytime and pursue all the other 'wonderful' opportunities that are so much better than YRCW.....

NO vote -
Company - has impending debt payments coming up - they scramble to come up with plan C...... tick tock... tick tock....
Union - organizes it's files and goes back to the table with the company to 'see' what can be done... tick tock... tick tock....
Employees - sit around and count off the days in February to see if the debt payments due in Feb can be made... if they can... we all sit around HOPING (my fav) that something 'brings the greedy people to their senses'

Seems to me - if a Yes vote is a "losing proposition for the YRC employees" then they aren't going to win period!

Perhaps that's the problem... if the YRC employees lose no matter what it doesn't really matter what happens.....

IMHO..

Hey !!! Back off the attacks on KK he just starting off some discussions on plan B early is all . The company and the union are not going to give us much time to read or debate the new proposal . The fact that they would do a union hall vote in less than a week is very disturbing to me . We can speculate that its not a great proposal by that fact alone ...

The reason they would go to a union hall vote in less than a week is because they have very few days until Feb 15th. There is a deadline here just in case you missed that somewhere in the reading.

The fact that someone would start a debate on nothing but speculation with a bunch of guys and gals that have raw nerves and have been stressed out and truly worried about their lively hoods for 2 months seems in poor taste.

Be constructive or silent. No matter what your view point their is a way to debate it.... constructively without yelling "Vote no" and "close the doors"....

Just saying.

Right now i'm leaning for the no vote maybe somebody can change my mind but i'm fed up been 23 yrs but if i have to start over i will some company will get real big real quick right now we average over 900 bill a day inbound no other company around here can handle that many inbound bills a day somebody will be begging for drivers

If you are leaning towards a no vote then vote no, don't let anyone change your mind, like you said some company is going to get fat, just beat your other brothers to the hr and try to get hired before them