ABF | Vote now!!!

grovercxl

HUH?
Credits
Our local BA has said that the numbers of returned ballots so far has been very low. With all the changes in this new contract, and the fact that ABF has agreed to abide by this agreement, it is more important than ever to get your vote in.... Don't be like some of us and wait till the last possible second and take a chance on your vote not being postmarked in time, get it in now!!! Your voice counts, and the only way anyone knows what you really want is if you vote!!!

Vote!

I agree with you Grover. Normally only about 25% of the rank & file vote on a contract or election of officers. That is a sad commentary on labor when so few exercise their right to vote. All one has to do is mark an X & put the ballot in the envelope.
Historically labor has had it's political strength in the ballot. If I were a politician seeking office I couldn't count on labor for support when so few vote compared to years ago when labor would change the outcome of an election.

I really think some guys believe the union will take care of them, and others don't think their vote will make a difference... If you don't participate, the union can't know what you want... And if you don't vote, the people you don't agree with (on either side) are going to win by default... No way to run things...

I wish I could remember where I saw the breakdown by Locals of the vote for the last election, but yes, it was only like 25-30% turnout.

vote, vote, vote.
...and I'll try to remember where I saw the vote returns - it was pretty interesting.

I wish I could remember where I saw the breakdown by Locals of the vote for the last election, but yes, it was only like 25-30% turnout.

vote, vote, vote.
...and I'll try to remember where I saw the vote returns - it was pretty interesting.
I believe it was on TDU's website if my memory hasn't retired too.

You're probably right. With all my free time surfing the web (?), I've lost track.

What am I going to do if I have to go back to work?