TForce | Vote results

:TR10driving03::showoff::cool::hysterical:seattle is voting on sunday! i just rec. my contractand dvd in the yesterday i am reading today

I personally don't believe half of those who post here deserve to be Teamsters. I don't believe half who post here, acknowledge what the Teamsters have accomplished for this industry. Union or non, it doesn't matter. The Teamsters are the sole reason why the non union crowd has enjoyed pay and benefit packages that are comparable to most skilled professions. Without their threat, trucking would have been payed minimum wages all these years. If you refuse to believe this fact, then you are who I am addressing this post to. I have been a non union truck driver my whole career. That being said, I feel I owe the Teamsters some pay back. They have been raising the bar for the non union companies for decades. Doing so, they had been negotiating better pay and bennies for all of us. By proxy, so to speak. So I am eternally grateful, and willing to except this contract. My hope is that our dues strengthen the union. My hope is that they organize some of the other, less than desirable, companies that compete with us. Thus leveling the playing field. Then we can negotiate that stellar contract we all want. And in 2013 when UPS is making money hand over fist, and the stock holders are elated that their investments have split and split again. Then, and only then, will it not only be the contract we WANT, but also, the contract we DESERVE. :1036316054: Call me crazy, but that is how I feel. Elvis out.....

I personally don't believe half of those who post here deserve to be Teamsters. I don't believe half who post here, acknowledge what the Teamsters have accomplished for this industry. Union or non, it doesn't matter. The Teamsters are the sole reason why the non union crowd has enjoyed pay and benefit packages that are comparable to most skilled professions. Without their threat, trucking would have been payed minimum wages all these years. If you refuse to believe this fact, then you are who I am addressing this post to. I have been a non union truck driver my whole career. That being said, I feel I owe the Teamsters some pay back. They have been raising the bar for the non union companies for decades. Doing so, they had been negotiating better pay and bennies for all of us. By proxy, so to speak. So I am eternally grateful, and willing to except this contract. My hope is that our dues strengthen the union. My hope is that they organize some of the other, less than desirable, companies that compete with us. Thus leveling the playing field. Then we can negotiate that stellar contract we all want. And in 2013 when UPS is making money hand over fist, and the stock holders are elated that their investments have split and split again. Then, and only then, will it not only be the contract we WANT, but also, the contract we DESERVE. :1036316054: Call me crazy, but that is how I feel. Elvis out.....

how true this is:1036316054:

and the new rules start monday

ya, i heard that it stats monday,said to the TM he should have to re-bid the barn ASAP he said he had 90 days, that's B.S. 90 days would be June,like the contract says,but he never re-bid in Jan, he's never re-bid period! i have been there a year an a half

I'll drink to that,salute

ya, i heard that it stats monday,said to the TM he should have to re-bid the barn ASAP he said he had 90 days, that's B.S. 90 days would be June,like the contract says,but he never re-bid in Jan, he's never re-bid period! i have been there a year an a half

Lets all be real. You can not expect the company to change 'overnite' .We will hold a meeting with our TM and sups and have a talk about the up coming changes. Being that article 41 will take up to 60 days, I say that that is the time that all practices will be followed. We plan on doing the bids twice a year. Once in January, then again in July. It could be any more fair than that.:1036316054:

Lets all be real. You can not expect the company to change 'overnite' .We will hold a meeting with our TM and sups and have a talk about the up coming changes. Being that article 41 will take up to 60 days, I say that that is the time that all practices will be followed. We plan on doing the bids twice a year. Once in January, then again in July. It could be any more fair than that.:1036316054:

One List, Company seniority? And this has not been ratified yet.

What about if a road run is cut for the night. Do you still go home with out pay while all junior men below you still run like past policy.

What about if a road man's run has been terminated, Will the bottom road man be forced to the bottom of the city list even though he may have 20 years company time, like past policy.

These policy's MUST be changed.