Vote Results

Discussion in 'New England Motor Freight' started by slavenomore, May 9, 2018.

1. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

I heard that your ballots have been counted and 82% of you have voted NO to time and a half over 48.......They don't need that to survive. Good job sucking together. Correct me if wrong...

2. slavenomore

*sticking not sucking...sorry.

Stimpy likes this.
  3. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

That's funny.... Dam voice to text...lol

icuicp likes this.
  4. Jeff

Jeff Highly Trained Staff

Long time no see Slaven welcome back

slavenomore likes this.
  5. slavenomore

Thanx Jeffrey. I have found a very interesting and complicated game on the internet and have been enjoying it much. I hit some kind of level of burnout with politics and union/company stuff.....and am enjoying some break from it. I'm sure it will come back again but right now I'm burnt out on a lot of stuff.

icuicp, troubleman84 and Jeff like this.
  6. The Breeze

The Breeze New Member

Yes 289
    No 749!!

truckingBORED likes this.
  7. abfempm

abfempm Member

how are your negotiations going for your contract?

8. truckingBORED

truckingBORED Your Huckleberry

Good Luck NEMF! Y'all deserve to be treated with respect and paid as professional drivers... This is the best economy in 2 decades, Mike can open his wallet on this one!

9. sabresfan

sabresfan Well-Known Member

Proposed 4 year contract. New hires will be taking it on the chin. OT will be after 48 first year, 46 second year, 44 3rd year and 8/40 after reaching full rate. Also new hires will get a little less into the pension. The health insurance is going up only $5 first year then $10 each year there after. Sixty cent yearly raises for city and .225 per mile first year for linehaul than .02 each year afterwards. Can't say it'll pass but this is what from my understanding they wanted to protect OT after 8/40. Some things to like and some things to dislike in this proposed contract.

10. buffalobill

buffalobill Well-Known Member

Sf, whats the current top rates in wny? Whats the insuance and pension like?

11. BBBecker

BBBecker New Member

Top rate right now is 22.85 which is way below most other carriers besides yrc but their health and pension. Is way better

12. sabresfan

I'm glad he answered cause I honestly didn't know. I just recently started working here. Yes the medical here is good. In 4 years we will be paying $85 a week for family medical with a $1200 deductible if this passes. I'm linehaul so the top p&d rate never really mattered to me. There's a few guys here from YRC companies in Buffalo. It's not the highest paid ltl carrier but the overall package is good when you compare it to other places.

buffalobill likes this.
  13. sabresfan

The medical costs I referred to above are for everything medical, dental and vision. The dental and vision you get through the IAM. The pension is more like an annuity now. Completely funded by NEMF. A little over $2 hour for current employees. 401k is on us but offered through the company.

icuicp and buffalobill like this.
  14. abfempm

abfempm Member

the votes were counted before you guys got the ballots

15. sabresfan

Sounds like we have a lot in common with the voting process like ABF does. If you constantly feel the need to put our contract down you should be on every forum here preaching the same. If you consider yourself a union brother you obviously need to step back and get yourself in a better frame of mind. Time to come down from your ivory tower brother. Every place in trucking these days has good and bad. We're no different in that regard.

16. abfempm

abfempm Member

ABF didn't give us anything we already had that they just gave us back what we had years ago they gave us nothing

17. abfempm

abfempm Member

just busting your balls I have a lot of friends at work for New England Motor Freight

sabresfan likes this.
  18. sabresfan

No problem. We're fighting for the best possible deal we can get. Considering it's going to a third vote and this one is better than the previous offers (not by much but better) it says we're more alive and with fight than some other union companies for sure. Some of us chose NEMF and not a Teamster shop is cause we don't want to sit by the phone. NEMF health insurance actually works better for my family than the Teamster's health insurance here in NY cause she doesn't have to take hers. The NY teamster health insurance is Cadillac coverage but if your spouse works and the premium is less than 5% of of their gross pay than they have to take it as their primary coverage. It doesn't take deductibles into consideration as far as I remember. This place certainly has it's issues but I think the overall it's a good package in today's race to the bottom in trucking.

Grumpy and buffalobill like this.
  19. buffalobill

buffalobill Well-Known Member

Nyt h&w sucks because of that rule, im in a diff plan, they dont have that rule. I think thats why so many companies have backed away from the h&w plan here, everyone's wife works anymore, and why pay double for coverage.

sabresfan likes this.
  20. sabresfan

Exactly. My wife has a job she truly enjoys and does cause it helps people with disabilities. Down side is the insurance deductible is high.

buffalobill likes this.