New Penn | Vote YES....This is a no brainer

dfb1501

TB Lurker
Credits
A. You still have your pay
B. No unemployment lines

Bottomline........Facts are Facts........ Think about it......

screw off!!!!
Well reasoned and insightful responce. Did you read what KK had to say. Most everyone on this website seemed to consider him to be balanced and honest. The proposal is terrible but the situation is DIRE. There is NO Plan B, vote no and you vote NO JOB! I have worked as a road driver at YRC for 23 years, I hope you are not naive enough to believe that NOBODY WILL LET New Penn go down.

To the guy that told me to screw off.......youll have plenty of alone time to do that....... no pay, no job......it's called unemployment *******

Here we go with all the YRC guys coming over here to scare us with unemployment line talk. Save it! There is absolutely NO valid reason why New Penn Teamsters have to ratify this. I am anxiously waiting for senior management to visit 23 again to sell this crap. I have some tough questions that deserve answers Lebanon. YRC is so poorly managed that it will never show a profit unless a complete overhaul is done. That is the truth that everyone is dancing around. YRC's financial troubles began with senior management, and will end when PROPER management is put in place. Our brothers at YRC have our support, but how much more of my takehome pay, retirement, and workrules should I be strong-armed into giving up to reward incompetence at some other company? The only way I can justify giving up anymore than I already have is to first see a complete change in management at YRC from the top down. I am not talking about just Bill Z. Regional YRC management is to blame as well as terminal managers and supervisors. I am sure there are some decent, hard-working management members somewhere in their system but their efforts are negated by a complete lack of support from senior management.

I have to give credit to dfb1501..... He is the only one that manned up to say he is voting for his paycheck.. I have more respect for him than I do the yes voters who try to justify their vote saying they are saving the company or worried about the other teamsters. When in fact they could care less about the company, the union, the contract or their fellow teamsters...
I for one have spent 23 years all with newpenn and i'll be damned if i let yrc punch us in the face without swinging back. Newpenn is a shell of what it once was, so close the doors if they must.. but no way in hell will I vote for this crap!!

i'll be damned if i let yrc punch us in the face without swinging back.

Why do you keep blaming YRC for everything ? You do know that YRC is a trucking company that's owned by YRCW just like New Penn is a trucking company owned by YRCW ! YRCW notice the W is the problem !

Yellow/ Roadway upper management are the ones in place calling the shots for YRC.. and people who don't know freight are calling the shots for yrcw..and both are failing........ it's not newpenn or holland people calling the shots.

I am a retired driver. All you have to do is look at yellow's seniority list. How many have more than 15 years. They are the ones who will more than likely vote yes, in their defense. It is very hard for a 50 something to go out and look for a job. Good luck to you all and I hope you all do the right thing for yourselves and your families

:kicking:

I am a retired driver. All you have to do is look at yellow's seniority list. How many have more than 15 years. They are the ones who will more than likely vote yes, in their defense. It is very hard for a 50 something to go out and look for a job. Good luck to you all and I hope you all do the right thing for yourselves and your families

:kicking:

58% of the vote the last time w/o the work modifications and vaction reductions
I see it going the other way

This is not a no brainer as someone put it, I don't know how many of you have had your union meetings. They have been very honest with us in Boston, they don't even know if the pension fund can accept this. This plan sucks plain and simple. They have so many hurdles to jump just to make it to the end of the year. They have forced us to go first with our vote because they don't want to show their cards. Make the Teamsters take the deal with no idea that everyone else is going to play along. I don't know about anybody else but I don't let anyone shove something down my throat. If I had some kind of idea that everyone else from the pension funds to the banks to this outside investor would play ball I would consider voting yes. Too many unknowns for me to give up more concessions.

"There is absolutely NO valid reason why New Penn Teamsters have to ratify this".......

OK...How about this one good reason....If New Penn votes down the proposal and YRC & Holland vote for it....there will be a COO filed the first week in November to merger the New Penn operations in to the YRC terminals in their prospective areas....enough said!.....KK

58% of the vote the last time w/o the work modifications and vaction reductions
I see it going the other way
Plus...

Concessions passed with 58% last time and the Chicago votes weren't added in because they were separate, this time Chicago votes will be part of the total.

And more Holland guys voted for it last time because they were not profitable at that time. I think that fewer Holland guys will vote for it this time around.

"There is absolutely NO valid reason why New Penn Teamsters have to ratify this".......

OK...How about this one good reason....If New Penn votes down the proposal and YRC & Holland vote for it....there will be a COO filed the first week in November to merger the New Penn operations in to the YRC terminals in their prospective areas....enough said!.....KK
***********************************************************************************************
I agree with you KK. I hate it, but you are totally correct.

Im going to vote no, if you would vote yes, what would be next? The 1st two pay cuts were easy to get for YRC. How about all the people that would vote yes for this pice of Crap work for free to help out Poor YRC for say the next Six months. Face it the game is over go find another job.

was told last night in baltimore by regional manager m. trainer that yellow filed for a change already and that thare is no gaurantee that even with a yes vote we won't be folded into yrc. he stated that with a no vote we were definatly done and with a yes vote all were doing and i quote " buying time to figure out what we need to do for us and our our families". i got the impression were done no matter the outcome of the vote.