New Penn | Vote YES....This is a no brainer

"There is absolutely NO valid reason why New Penn Teamsters have to ratify this".......

OK...How about this one good reason....If New Penn votes down the proposal and YRC & Holland vote for it....there will be a COO filed the first week in November to merger the New Penn operations in to the YRC terminals in their prospective areas....enough said!.....KK

Let them merge us.. and watch 70% of the accounts that newpenn has, go to another carrier...can you say Pyle??? I know you all say newpenn is a small part of the yrcw team. But.... yrcw is doing about 40-45 thousand bills a day...6-8 thousand of those daily bills are newpenn

Let them merge us.. and watch 70% of the accounts that newpenn has, go to another carrier...can you say Pyle??? I know you all say newpenn is a small part of the yrcw team. But.... yrcw is doing about 40-45 thousand bills a day...6-8 thousand of those daily bills are newpenn

YRC is doing 40 to 45 thousand bills a day,, that total does not include the regional bill count..

"There is absolutely NO valid reason why New Penn Teamsters have to ratify this".......

OK...How about this one good reason....If New Penn votes down the proposal and YRC & Holland vote for it....there will be a COO filed the first week in November to merger the New Penn operations in to the YRC terminals in their prospective areas....enough said!.....KK

If senior management believes merging NP into YRC will help reduce the debt load and return YRC to profitability, it would have been done long ago. In the Northeast Holland was closed and merged with us-did that shrink the debt? NO! The debt load and the lack of interested investors in this nearly bankrupt company (YRCWD) is what will eventually seal our fate. The merger of Yellow/Roadway effectively killed off one whole company, thus eliminating a huge source of profits. In simpler terms, you and your spouse had two well-paying jobs. Bought a nice big house with no money down and big monthly mortgage nut. One of you lost your job and can't ever work again. Other job won't pay mortgage and all the bills. Two options: sell house or lose it to bank. Sadly this is going on all over our country. I honestly believe whatever we give up now will only be a start. Company can't make money with low freight levels so employees take cuts to free up cash to pay interest on debt load as company continues to limp along. Further cuts will be necessary to free up cash to begin paying back all the money senior management borrowed to go on shopping spree with our paychecks, health insurance, and pensions used as credit cards. This incompetent jackass then has the nerve to announce his retirement yet doesn't name a date. Public documents show he will collect severance pay of $7 million and paid health insurance for two full years, in addition to a fully funded company pension. This ***** , as well as the others in charge during the spending spree, should take $1 a year for salary until 2015. That would help tremendously! Merging NP into YRC will send all NP freight to competition and further reduce the companies ability to repay debt. Eliminating another income stream didn't work in the past, and will NOT work in the future. You read it here first.

Last edited by a moderator:
We vote NO and Kansas shuts us down. These numbers don't lie. Sarbanes-Oxley says they don't anyway. Regionals are the key to this companies recovery. Kansas just doesn't get it.

SUPPLEMENTAL FINANCIAL INFORMATION
YRC Worldwide Inc. and Subsidiaries
For the Three and Six Months Ended June 30
(Amounts in thousands)
(Unaudited)

SEGMENT INFORMATION

Three Months
------------
2010 2009 %
---- ---- ---

Operating revenue:
YRC National Transportation $741,639 $873,738 (15.1)
YRC Regional Transportation 351,498 337,855 4.0
YRC Truckload 28,216 27,545 2.4
Eliminations and other (2,252) (12,874)
------ -------
Consolidated 1,119,101 1,226,264 (8.7)

Operating income (loss):
YRC National Transportation 33,055 (239,477)
YRC Regional Transportation 22,383 (48,346)
YRC Truckload (1,984) (2,371)
Corporate and other (5,164) (4,024)
------ ------
Consolidated $48,290 $(294,218)

Operating ratio:
YRC National Transportation 95.5% 127.4%
YRC Regional Transportation 93.6% 114.3%
YRC Truckload 107.0% 108.6%
Consolidated 95.7% 124.0%

(Gains) losses on property
disposals, net:
YRC National Transportation $(2,647) $(1,702)
YRC Regional Transportation 460 662
YRC Truckload - -
Corporate and other - -
--- ---
Consolidated $(2,187) $(1,040)

SEGMENT INFORMATION

Six Months
----------
2010 2009 %
---- ---- ---

Operating revenue:
YRC National Transportation $1,404,702 $1,896,348 (25.9)
YRC Regional Transportation 660,652 693,023 (4.7)
YRC Truckload 55,101 53,521 3.0
Eliminations and other (14,210) (25,953)
------- -------
Consolidated 2,106,245 2,616,939 (19.5)

Operating income (loss):
YRC National Transportation (152,005) (539,248)
YRC Regional Transportation (17,248) (122,471)
YRC Truckload (5,045) (4,617)
Corporate and other (10,592) (6,572)
------- ------
Consolidated $(184,890) $(672,908)

Operating ratio:
YRC National Transportation 110.8% 128.4%
YRC Regional Transportation 102.6% 117.7%
YRC Truckload 109.2% 108.6%
Consolidated 108.8% 125.7%

(Gains) losses on property
disposals, net:
YRC National Transportation $2,302 $(390)
YRC Regional Transportation 4,130 873
YRC Truckload 42 76
Corporate and other 138 -
--- ---
Consolidated $6,612 $559

Note: YRC Logistic segment reported as discontinued operations for
all periods presented.

go ahead vote no and ill go to mcdonalds where youll be working for $7 an hour and you can give me my order

Christmas isn't about your paycheck! Big Dummy!

evil-santa.jpg

images

Facts are public record..... you can ignore it, or face it... Do you think we're happy about it??? No....but facts are facts....... educate by being informed.... You can say anything you want because it's what you want......what you want is not what ur going to get...

Merged

If senior management believes merging NP into YRC will help reduce the debt load and return YRC to profitability, it would have been done long ago. In the Northeast Holland was closed and merged with us-did that shrink the debt? NO! The debt load and the lack of interested investors in this nearly bankrupt company (YRCWD) is what will eventually seal our fate. The merger of Yellow/Roadway effectively killed off one whole company, thus eliminating a huge source of profits. In simpler terms, you and your spouse had two well-paying jobs. Bought a nice big house with no money down and big monthly mortgage nut. One of you lost your job and can't ever work again. Other job won't pay mortgage and all the bills. Two options: sell house or lose it to bank. Sadly this is going on all over our country. I honestly believe whatever we give up now will only be a start. Company can't make money with low freight levels so employees take cuts to free up cash to pay interest on debt load as company continues to limp along. Further cuts will be necessary to free up cash to begin paying back all the money senior management borrowed to go on shopping spree with our paychecks, health insurance, and pensions used as credit cards. This incompetent jackass then has the nerve to announce his retirement yet doesn't name a date. Public documents show he will collect severance pay of $7 million and paid health insurance for two full years, in addition to a fully funded company pension. This ***** , as well as the others in charge during the spending spree, should take $1 a year for salary until 2015. That would help tremendously! Merging NP into YRC will send all NP freight to competition and further reduce the companies ability to repay debt. Eliminating another income stream didn't work in the past, and will NOT work in the future. You read it here first.

The merger of Yellow/Roadway effectively killed off one whole company, thus eliminating a huge source of profits. The consolidation of opertaions was caused by reduced tonnage.

The debt load and the lack of interested investors in this nearly bankrupt company (YRCWD) is what will eventually seal our fate. That is the point of the extention of the conncessions package. To encourage new investment by demonstrating cost control measures.

Company can't make money with low freight levels so employees take cuts to free up cash to pay interest on debt load as company continues to limp along.
Low freight levels huh. I guess that is why NewPenn is being singled out. Do you seriously think that the few hundred bills a day you contribute will materially affect the overall survival of YRCW?

The banks have given notice to BOTH YRCW and the Teamsters, reduce costs or it is liquidation. And as unpleasant as this is to accept, if I was running YRCW given a choice between shutting down NewPenn or shutting down YRCW NewPenn would be history in a MICRO-SECOND. And if you had any common sense you would be able to understand this simple fact.

In other post you keep demanding facts, well partner THOSE ARE the facts. GET OVER IT. This is NOT a fight ANY YRCW Teamsters can win with a no vote. I truly don't understand why you feel that $bill and the board WON'T shut down NewPenn. Good luck because if NewPenn Teamsters reject this proposal then they will join the other half million Americans looking for a NEW JOB.

The merger of Yellow/Roadway effectively killed off one whole company, thus eliminating a huge source of profits. The consolidation of opertaions was caused by reduced tonnage.

The debt load and the lack of interested investors in this nearly bankrupt company (YRCWD) is what will eventually seal our fate. That is the point of the extention of the conncessions package. To encourage new investment by demonstrating cost control measures.

Company can't make money with low freight levels so employees take cuts to free up cash to pay interest on debt load as company continues to limp along.
Low freight levels huh. I guess that is why NewPenn is being singled out. Do you seriously think that the few hundred bills a day you contribute will materially affect the overall survival of YRCW?

The banks have given notice to BOTH YRCW and the Teamsters, reduce costs or it is liquidation. And as unpleasant as this is to accept, if I was running YRCW given a choice between shutting down NewPenn or shutting down YRCW NewPenn would be history in a MICRO-SECOND. And if you had any common sense you would be able to understand this simple fact.

In other post you keep demanding facts, well partner THOSE ARE the facts. GET OVER IT. This is NOT a fight ANY YRCW Teamsters can win with a no vote. I truly don't understand why you feel that $bill and the board WON'T shut down NewPenn. Good luck because if NewPenn Teamsters reject this proposal then they will join the other half million Americans looking for a NEW JOB.

I can't tell from your rambling response if you agree or disagree with my post, nor do I care. We all know your opinion based on your incessant responses on this board to convince New Penn Teamsters to vote YES to save your @ss. You declare NP produces "a hundred bills a day". Opinion not Fact. Where is the evidence to prove your point? I know every day what my terminal (#23) produces both outbound and inbound. New Penn has had effective cost control measures in place for a long time. Fact. If you ever worked here like I have you would know this firsthand. Shutting down a well-run and profitable division of a larger corporation is not a wise business decision. Fact. Take some business school courses before you discuss how you would run this company. Your opinion then would carry much greater weight with me. New Penn has a great business model, regardless of how YRCW senior management tries to meddle with it. I have seen changes in this company over the last few years as a direct result of YRCW policy being forced upon management. None of it is has been more productive- it only reduces our ability to service the loyal customers we have been able to retain . Our service is NOT cheap, but freight gets picked up when promised. Damages are MINIMAL due to the efforts of our hard-working employees, claims are paid promptly, and we very often deliver customer's freight earlier than promised. All Facts. Upon closure of this company, our customers will go to the competition. They all know the predicament YRC is in and sympathize with us. They all know how YRCW is killing our company with incompetence and threats. Real bad for business. Fact. We all know what the busy freight seasons are, and when the slowdown happens. New Penn is profitable ALL year long. Fact. YRC cannot make a profit in any quarter, especially the busy season. Fact. If New Penn goes, YRC will not be around for long. I know it. You know it. Only difference is I am not afraid to say it.

I do understand the difference between YRC(the LTL freight company) and YRCW (the corporation that owns YRC and New Penn).

Not my @ss on the line it is your's. I am pretty confident that the new MOU will squeek by. If YRC turns this down it is over for everyone. But if NewPenn votes it down you will be out of a job before me. I am not afraid to agree that the chances for survival of YRCW are slim at best.

Not my @ss on the line it is your's. I am pretty confident that the new MOU will squeek by. If YRC turns this down it is over for everyone. But if NewPenn votes it down you will be out of a job before me. I am not afraid to agree that the chances for survival of YRCW are slim at best.

I will not be out of a job. A great company will be killed off for no apparent reason. Myself and select other NP employees will be employed at some other freight company servicing customers who refuse to ship YRC. Eventually you and other YRC employees will put in applications where I work and will be junior to me. I have no problem with that other than I would rather continue to work "New Penn Proud" under the NMFA than some worthless white-paper contract designed to destroy the NMFA, or work non-union for some company that exploits employees. It is your @ss on the line. Continuing to think it is not is why YRC is failing.

I can't tell from your rambling response if you agree or disagree with my post, nor do I care. We all know your opinion based on your incessant responses on this board to convince New Penn Teamsters to vote YES to save your @ss. You declare NP produces "a hundred bills a day". Opinion not Fact. Where is the evidence to prove your point? I know every day what my terminal (#23) produces both outbound and inbound. New Penn has had effective cost control measures in place for a long time. Fact. If you ever worked here like I have you would know this firsthand. Shutting down a well-run and profitable division of a larger corporation is not a wise business decision. Fact. Take some business school courses before you discuss how you would run this company. Your opinion then would carry much greater weight with me. New Penn has a great business model, regardless of how YRCW senior management tries to meddle with it. I have seen changes in this company over the last few years as a direct result of YRCW policy being forced upon management. None of it is has been more productive- it only reduces our ability to service the loyal customers we have been able to retain . Our service is NOT cheap, but freight gets picked up when promised. Damages are MINIMAL due to the efforts of our hard-working employees, claims are paid promptly, and we very often deliver customer's freight earlier than promised. All Facts. Upon closure of this company, our customers will go to the competition. They all know the predicament YRC is in and sympathize with us. They all know how YRCW is killing our company with incompetence and threats. Real bad for business. Fact. We all know what the busy freight seasons are, and when the slowdown happens. New Penn is profitable ALL year long. Fact. YRC cannot make a profit in any quarter, especially the busy season. Fact. If New Penn goes, YRC will not be around for long. I know it. You know it. Only difference is I am not afraid to say it.

I do understand the difference between YRC(the LTL freight company) and YRCW (the corporation that owns YRC and New Penn).

Great post there NP Driver :clapping: Albag doesn't seem to get it.:clapping: .Worst thing here it seems to be this whole vote thing is dividing the men ,exactly what YRS wants :wavey: Without unity,there is no strength ...Now can we all get a long... :bananapartyhat:

Great post there NP Driver :clapping: Albag doesn't seem to get it.:clapping: .Worst thing here it seems to be this whole vote thing is dividing the men ,exactly what YRS wants :wavey: Without unity,there is no strength ...Now can we all get a long... :bananapartyhat:

I appreciate the compliment. You are correct in the divide and conquer strategy. The point worth noting here is we do not post on the YRC board instructing members how to vote. I can live with the outcome either way. I only hope a majority of the members cast their votes. Good luck to you and all my fellow New Penn Proud co-workers. Our dues money at least bought us the right to decide our fate, if little else. Employees at other ltl's had no vote. Those of us that give 100% every day at New Penn will be welcome at other freight companies due to the work ethic necessary to stay employed here. You know it, I know it, every New Penn Proud employee knows it. Others can knock us all they want but I walk with my chin up knowing the REAL reason we are being threatened with closure.

Internal YRCW memo leaked recently stated "If you can't beat 'em, close 'em."
Drop dead YRCW senior management.

I appreciate the compliment. You are correct in the divide and conquer strategy. The point worth noting here is we do not post on the YRC board instructing members how to vote. I can live with the outcome either way. I only hope a majority of the members cast their votes. Good luck to you and all my fellow New Penn Proud co-workers. Our dues money at least bought us the right to decide our fate, if little else. Employees at other ltl's had no vote. Those of us that give 100% every day at New Penn will be welcome at other freight companies due to the work ethic necessary to stay employed here. You know it, I know it, every New Penn Proud employee knows it. Others can knock us all they want but I walk with my chin up knowing the REAL reason we are being threatened with closure.

Drop dead YRCW senior management.
I am NOT giving advise on how you or anyone should vote. I am however pointing out what the consequences of your vote MAY be. If you believe for one second that ANYONE employed at YRC is pleased or proud of what is occurring you are VERY mistaken. This whole episode will mark a turning point in Teamster history. Only time will tell whether it was for good or ill.

Can you post a link to this?