ABF | Vote Yes

You're exactly right! Retired guys with nothing else to do, wanting ABF to save their broke pension funds on here hollering vote it down. Well ArcBest doesn't pay me, their CUSTOMERS do! And THEY see the offer we have. To vote this down is a slap in the mouth to THEM. My stuff is paid for and I could get a job tomorrow if need be, but ones like ABF are very few, but if it's not suiting ya', don't let the door hit ya' too hard on them butt cheeks. I can assure you my retirement will have very limited keyboard time....you guys ever saw a fishin' pole? That vacation and pay cut we gave up last time was to keep your pension contributions up, this time ABF said NO MORE! A NO vote will get you increases in pension contributions but will they have to give the vacation and raise back?......and give Congress another 5 years to kick the can down the road?....with less money to start the rehab from. These pensions have got to be adjusted and closed and 25 or 30 yr. bonds sold on them to keep them solvent and payout a decent check to those vested in them. I'm sorry everyone is going to take a haircut, retirees and future retirees. The sooner the better it's gone be. Ya'll have a nice day and VOTE your conscience. And by the way, I have nearly 31 yrs. paid in CSPF, and I hope to collect on some of it, but I will be OK if I never see a dime of it.
You're exactly right! Retired guys with nothing else to do, wanting ABF to save their broke pension funds on here hollering vote it down. Well ArcBest doesn't pay me, their CUSTOMERS do! And THEY see the offer we have. To vote this down is a slap in the mouth to THEM. My stuff is paid for and I could get a job tomorrow if need be, but ones like ABF are very few, but if it's not suiting ya', don't let the door hit ya' too hard on them butt cheeks. I can assure you my retirement will have very limited keyboard time....you guys ever saw a fishin' pole? That vacation and pay cut we gave up last time was to keep your pension contributions up, this time ABF said NO MORE! A NO vote will get you increases in pension contributions but will they have to give the vacation and raise back?......and give Congress another 5 years to kick the can down the road?....with less money to start the rehab from. These pensions have got to be adjusted and closed and 25 or 30 yr. bonds sold on them to keep them solvent and payout a decent check to those vested in them. I'm sorry everyone is going to take a haircut, retirees and future retirees. The sooner the better it's gone be. Ya'll have a nice day and VOTE your conscience. And by the way, I have nearly 31 yrs. paid in CSPF, and I hope to collect on some of it, but I will be OK if I
you can always tell that it's retirees that tell me to go back to Conway. They don't even realize that Conway doesn't even exist. G.O.A.L. around for a change

That's a good one Docker. Much better fisherman than Turkey hunter, but I assure you I will hone my skills on both Lord willing in my retirement years. Don't see a lot of Trucking Boards in my retirement.

But I'm sure you'll be having a lot of regrets in your retirement years...

you can always tell that it's retirees that tell me to go back to Conway. They don't even realize that Conway doesn't even exist. G.O.A.L. around for a change

Trust me... they realize that Conway doesn't exist... it's you who's the one who's too stupid to do the realizing...lol

That's one thing you can always count on with you rollin... making yourself out to look even more foolish with each passing post.

They're too embarrassed to go out. The key board has grown attached to their fingers.

Trust me... they realize that Conway doesn't exist... it's you who's the one who's too stupid to do the realizing...lol

That's one thing you can always count on with you rollin... making yourself out to look even more foolish with each passing post.
The only regret is spineless ass holes like you that are in this business. You must be one of those guys that licks his bosses ass

So is two pump chump... why didn't you use that one?
TurnCoat is much more irritating....and remember Docker, before the IBT can look out for YOU Brother, they first have to look out for THEM....and they have their MAN on the YRC board of directors and not yet one on ArcBest's....because ArcBest ain't broke, and I hope it stays that way. The Union and the investment bankers have kept YRC afloat, but if pension reform gets passed before next April, YRC should have to ante up on pension contributions or either ring it up. I'm thinking they will miraculously find the money some way. The Union wouldn't want THEIR trucking company to go bankrupt.

TurnCoat is much more irritating....and remember Docker, before the IBT can look out for YOU Brother, they first have to look out for THEM....and they have their MAN on the YRC board of directors and not yet one on ArcBest's....because ArcBest ain't broke, and I hope it stays that way. The Union and the investment bankers have kept YRC afloat, but if pension reform gets passed before next April, YRC should have to ante up on pension contributions or either ring it up. I'm thinking they will miraculously find the money some way. The Union wouldn't want THEIR trucking company to go bankrupt.

You don't have a clue... do you turncoat? That's the difference between you and I... you have to rely and obey on corrupt leaders looking out after you... I rely on myself.

The fact of the matter is that you know Junior and Ernie are corrupt... but just too damn afraid to stand up to them so you just cower down and do what they want... just how sad is that?

Tell me turncoat... who's ass do you kiss more... the arrogant management's or the backstabbing leadership's? How about you rollin?

And don't you two get in an argument over it now either... ok.

You don't have a clue... do you turncoat? That's the difference between you and I... you have to rely and obey on corrupt leaders looking out after you... I rely on myself.

The fact of the matter is that you know Junior and Ernie are corrupt... but just too damn afraid to stand up to them so you just cower down and do what they want... just how sad is that?
No, I pay them, and accept the fact there's only so much they can do, and since you can't vote, there's nothing you can personally do. I think you have convinced about 15 or so to vote it down, but about half of them are retired too, so I guess I'll just have to take what I bought. I better put you back on ignore now and get some sleep or it's gonna be a long night.

No, I pay them, and accept the fact there's only so much they can do, and since you can't vote, there's nothing you can personally do. I think you have convinced about 15 or so to vote it down, but about half of them are retired too, so I guess I'll just have to take what I bought. I better put you back on ignore now and get some sleep or it's gonna be a long night.

So... what you are saying is that you accept and still willing to pay those representatives knowing that they are incompetent? What's the word for that... do you even know?

Tell me... just what are your reasons for voting yes? And at least try to show some proof of what you say is true besides he said... she said.

C'mon, Rollin. ....You know better than that. At least give us credit for noticing they changed the logos on the Con-Way trucks.

Changed the logos, but not how they practice business.

You didn't bring any of their bad habits over to ABF, did you?

You're really going to roll over now for a little more money........but a wrecked pension in the future?

And.......Why are you in a Union job? I didn't quite see your answer........

You're exactly right! Retired guys with nothing else to do, wanting ABF to save their broke pension funds on here hollering vote it down. Well ArcBest doesn't pay me, their CUSTOMERS do! And THEY see the offer we have. To vote this down is a slap in the mouth to THEM. My stuff is paid for and I could get a job tomorrow if need be, but ones like ABF are very few, but if it's not suiting ya', don't let the door hit ya' too hard on them butt cheeks. I can assure you my retirement will have very limited keyboard time....you guys ever saw a fishin' pole? That vacation and pay cut we gave up last time was to keep your pension contributions up, this time ABF said NO MORE! A NO vote will get you increases in pension contributions but will they have to give the vacation and raise back?......and give Congress another 5 years to kick the can down the road?....with less money to start the rehab from. These pensions have got to be adjusted and closed and 25 or 30 yr. bonds sold on them to keep them solvent and payout a decent check to those vested in them. I'm sorry everyone is going to take a haircut, retirees and future retirees. The sooner the better it's gone be. Ya'll have a nice day and VOTE your conscience. And by the way, I have nearly 31 yrs. paid in CSPF, and I hope to collect on some of it, but I will be OK if I never see a dime of it.

Surely both of you guys aren't suggesting that us......retirees.....just shut up and go away?
I was under the impression that younger "pre-retirement" employees were coming to this board for advice from Teamsters who went through the last couple of contracts, and wanted some,....words of wisdom, and honest debate about the merits of the current agreement, and the....."methods"....the company and IBT used last time, to.......ahh....."sell"...the concessionary contract to the membership.......

I didn't realize that you guys were offended by adverse opinions to yours,.........and that instead of explaining your...reasons for approving this contract,....and debating opposing opinions,....(like mine, for one....)........you guys would just rather we .....just shut up and went away,....preferably "fishing",...apparently.....

Oh,...the Parallels with modern Politics! Like modern Politicians,....you're looking for ....Affirmation ...of your viewpoint,......instead of .....Information,....about THE viewpoint.

Dissention of the status quo is to be...squelched........Anyone with prior experience of contractual negotiations,...or corporate methods of convincing ...dissenters,.....is to be silenced......"Go Away! We don't want to Hear your Experience!"

You're breaking my heart......All I wanted to do was to help my former Brother Teamsters in understanding what a cheap con-job the last contract was,....negotiated by disgraced and voted-out IBT facilitators who were either incompetent, or complicit,......and explain how the subterfuge of using a phony "press release" in a trade paper with possible ties to corporate management ,...terrorized just enough guys into...accepting low pay, cut vacations, misery,....and five years of corporate snickering up their sleeves while handing out bonuses, building corporate headquarters, and buying non-Union assets,......because they were flush with.....OUR...money.....

And,.....you guys say that.....as a lowly "retiree"......some sort of second-class Teamster, now that I'm retired,..........I should just shut up, go fishing, go away, don't bother us,.....crawl into a hole, curl up and wither away......

Lord! I wish I could!..........Fishing/hunting my cares away, while the Union collapses,....would interfere with my......elderly.......set of ethics.....Even as a Dusty and Crippled Old Retiree,...I would steer a younger man away from the precipice of disaster, if I could........(...preferably after a nap....or coffee...).....Old Habits are hard to Break!

If you spent,.....ohh, say... 41 or so years fighting for worker's rights,...would you find it hard to switch off your sense of Right and Wrong on the day you retire,...and become a carefree, mindless "retiree",.........whose opinion instantly no longer matters?

I guess some guys would....I must have an atrophied sense of leisure.........or an enlarged Outrage gland.

Maybe I should take you two guys' advice and have my Experience, and Morals surgically removed,....now that I'm a retiree....

Maybe Medicare would pay for it.......

I apologize for interfering with your selling of this contract,...and not going away "fishing",..like I was told to.....

Eric Clapton - Cocaine. 1977
If you want to go out
You've got to take her out, cocaine
And if you want to get down
Down on the ground, cocaine
She don't lie
She don't lie
She don't lie, cocaine

Well if you've had bad news
You want to kick your blues, cocaine
And if your day is done
But you just got to run on, cocaine