ABF | Vote ?

Thanks guys for your reply I could not get a straight answer about anything at the meeting. I dont know if it is better to be with a YRC company or ABF at this point ?

are drivers on layoff allowed to vote? still new at this and don't know

Provided that they are current on their union dues then they can vote. This includes any casual employees you may have there as well. Any of your laid off drivers that have frozen their union dues and are not current will not get to vote. Also, the Utility Driver job you speak of scares us all because there are so few restrictions on these jobs. Remember also that any road classification people that bid on these jobs and get one do not get the opportunity to go back to the road classification except by a Change of Operations. Read the new language in Article 29., Section 6 very closely as well as this will affect the road in some areas. And put a pencil to the Overtime formula in Article 5., Section 6 for working laid off employees back on and you will probably see that this formula is all but useless. All these things pretty much makes this a NO vote for me. :chairshot:

My understanding is we will vote once on the National and once on the Supplemental. I would not be surprise if ABF takes this contract, so be careful!!!

The president of my local answered this on the 13th of this month. We were sent ballots one for contract and One for the supplemental for YRC"s NMFA. We vote on YRC's then later when ABF contract is finished we vote on that also contract and supplemental. I was told
this was handled the same way when Yellow got out of NMFA back in 1994.

Vote No On Yrc Contract This Will Hurt The Working Teamster. It Needs To Go Back To The Table And Be Reworked. This Contract Will Benifit The Company Not Us Brothers And Sisters. Abf Can Always Take The (me Too) And This Could Be Your Contract.