ABF | Voting and counts ABFNMFA

National passed

Western Dock and Drivers Supplement Failed.

We are having a meeting today to see why (it's money) and vote again.
The economics (money) would be under the Master (Article 33). If the Master passed, it is my understanding that that is closed and not open for re-negotiation. So please keep us all posted on how that works out as that will probably be the main issue with all of the supplements that did not pass!!!

The economics (money) would be under the Master (Article 33). If the Master passed, it is my understanding that that is closed and not open for re-negotiation. So please keep us all posted on how that works out as that will probably be the main issue with all of the supplements that did not pass!!!
That's what they don't understand. The new part of negotiating raises per area won't go in effect until it all passes first. And that language seems its more whenever the company decides. To me ot woild mean many need to quit and no one comes knocking on door before they consider it.

Hahaha! That’s exactly what I said that you tried to contradict!
I guess I should’ve stressed the point of “carlisle rural area” even more to satisfy you?
I still say “carlisle is a low cost of living area”! But not on Main Street carlisle! Lol
My point is u can drive out of your area and get a cheaper cost of living also. So it’s no different then Carlisle and Harrisburg

That's what they don't understand. The new part of negotiating raises per area won't go in effect until it all passes first. And that language seems its more whenever the company decides. To me ot woild mean many need to quit and no one comes knocking on door before they consider it.
You are correct. The language about the employer agreeing to raises in areas they need to attract potential employees is also under the Master Agreement (Article 36). And none of it takes effect until every Supplement and the Master are ratified!!!

At the end of the day, this is a good start. You guys need at least one more good (similar) contract in five years, and you'll be set.

The bad part of course is that you guys are working through that progress and have a finite amount of career left.

But it's still a good contract, headed in the right direction.

Rome wasn't built in a day, but that didn't matter to the construction workers.

I have a larger point to make about the LTL world in general over the next couple years, but it would be in poor taste, even as much as it would benefit you guys.