Holland | Voting question

the5tolls

Wait till 2024....we'll show em!
Credits
Let's say at some point we actually get a contract proposal that is reasonable and we get to vote on it. Who's votes are tallied together, YRC and Holland and New Penn and Redaway or just two or three of these? What are the percentages of workers if YRCW is 100 percent? I am guessing YRC is 40 percent, Holland 30 percent, New Penn 15 percent and Redaway 15 percent. Would those guesses be even close to accurate? Thanks for the reply!

Ok, only a guess but think Reddaway is by it's self , as some are non-union barns & white paper deal and other 3 together and please get everybody in your barn to VOTE VOTE VOTE :6788:

I would imagine it's one person one vote. That's if the votes even remotely honest.
If it's a large turnout, they'll count only what they need to to get a yes vote, or if
voter apathy wins out, then they simply impose the contract. the ibt has been paid.
now it's time for jimmy to deliver.

So many of the guys I talk to think the vote is rigged and they get the results they want no matter how the guys vote. Maybe I am a sucker but I think this is a result of so many guys voting yes but telling everyone they voted no so they are not told what traitors they are for betraying their brothers. I think a very high percentage of drivers are either very near retiring and will take anything they are offered just to get one last contract or there are also a ton of new guys that have never made this kind of money with great insurance before. I predict a first offer that is voted though easily, I am not saying this is a good thing but that is what I believe will happen and all these guys that talk about locking the gates are such a small percentage that they will not be able to get a no vote even on the first offer. Just my opinion from what I see out here!

So many of the guys I talk to think the vote is rigged and they get the results they want no matter how the guys vote. Maybe I am a sucker but I think this is a result of so many guys voting yes but telling everyone they voted no so they are not told what traitors they are for betraying their brothers. I think a very high percentage of drivers are either very near retiring and will take anything they are offered just to get one last contract or there are also a ton of new guys that have never made this kind of money with great insurance before. I predict a first offer that is voted though easily, I am not saying this is a good thing but that is what I believe will happen and all these guys that talk about locking the gates are such a small percentage that they will not be able to get a no vote even on the first offer. Just my opinion from what I see out here!
You're probably right, I'm just really cynical. a good friend works at the hall and swears the votes are honest.
I'm sure they are at a local level, not so sure about the Int'l. We're all individuals, and have a lot of different motivations.
I'm older, I've downsized, and can weather a strike. Not that that will ever happen.The young guys not so much and the new hires that we've trained, the ones who even bothered to join the union, this is the best job they've ever had. And you're right about the betrayal end of it.

You're probably right, I'm just really cynical. a good friend works at the hall and swears the votes are honest.
I'm sure they are at a local level, not so sure about the Int'l. We're all individuals, and have a lot of different motivations.
I'm older, I've downsized, and can weather a strike. Not that that will ever happen.The young guys not so much and the new hires that we've trained, the ones who even bothered to join the union, this is the best job they've ever had. And you're right about the betrayal end of it.
I doubt YRCW would survive in the event of a strike. The union knows it, and so does YRCW...

The union will do whatever need be to get it passed. It's all about the dues!

You won’t have to worry... your not getting anything good, and if everyone at all the brands voted teamsters will say they didn’t and it will pass like UPS.

You won’t have to worry... your not getting anything good, and if everyone at all the brands voted teamsters will say they didn’t and it will pass like UPS.
I think you are wrong, but that is just based on my opinion not any inside information.

Let's say at some point we actually get a contract proposal that is reasonable and we get to vote on it. Who's votes are tallied together, YRC and Holland and New Penn and Redaway or just two or three of these? What are the percentages of workers if YRCW is 100 percent? I am guessing YRC is 40 percent, Holland 30 percent, New Penn 15 percent and Redaway 15 percent. Would those guesses be even close to accurate? Thanks for the reply!
Reddaway is not a part of the MFA, they have a white paper contract. I'm not sure about Holland or New Penn.

Here is how their going to do it! We just had a steward election at 309 YRC terminal local 710 where over a 100 drivers were not given ballots not allowed to vote because of Union dues not being up to date but no one bothered to tell any of them who assumed checkoff process was working dues being deducted properly will they be counted as members who didn't vote so they can force the contract?