New Penn | Voting yourself out

I think the No voters wives make all the money and carry health insurance. Their wives will take care of everything while they sit home drink beer and watch the tube. Which is what they want to do anyways. Don't worry their wives will take care of the kids if they have any. YRC is just giving them the perfect excuse to do so and blame it on YRC.

I think the No voters wives make all the money and carry health insurance. Their wives will take care of everything while they sit home drink beer and watch the tube. Which is what they want to do anyways. Don't worry their wives will take care of the kids if they have any. YRC is just giving them the perfect excuse to do so and blame it on YRC.

i would call you you a not-so-nice name but Jeff would end up banning me. your comment about us "NO" voters is way off base and completely stupid. Im voting NO cause it's pretty damn clear to me YRC, no matter the amount of all the givebacks, aint gonna make it. there is clearly no financial plan or plan B on either side between the IBT and YRCW. in my opinion both sides are totally clueless. they both agreed that taking our hard-earned money and pension was the best way to go. guess what ? now they're questioning if that strategy is gonna make a difference at all. and don't get me started on what every damn analyst under the sun is saying about them. YRCW, in case you haven't noticed, are up to their eyeballs in debt. if you feel that by voting YES that you are helping ol' Dollar Bill and little ol' NPME, guess again buddy. the banks will eventually stop playing nice with the sh*thole of an operation.

as for your comment about the wife working and us sitting at home drinking beer, you clearly rank up there as one of the most ignorant posters on this board. if you can't bring anything constructive to the conversation, your best bet is to stay off the board. and go vote YES while you're at it :nutkick:

You made me think. I looked it up. Texas is 24% uninsured. The highest in the nation. I didn't know this. Maybe that is why all the idiots voted yes here in Texas. Pennsylvania is one of the lowest. Around 8%. I'm guessing a higher percentage of the wives do have health insurance and it wouldn't matter if they sat at home and drank beer like you propose. Interesting.

I wish we all voted no

I am a yrcw driver and I voted no and I wish my brotherhood had the balls to vote no like you guys did. I have been hanging on to try to get my 20 in, now we have no money being paid into our pension. What is the point now. I can work anywhere for 19.00 per hour with no pension. Stick to your guns boys.....

:nutkick:

Everybody has a Right to VOTE(ONCE) and have it be counted. Not vote to its right from Union and Management. With threats of our Inpending doom if we VOTE NO again. That is no way to hold a VOTE.

Bottom line is yrc does what they wont to, the union has no back bone, and they will continue with there master plan, if it has to be spelled out for you, your not paying attension. Vote anyway you wont, in the end its not going to matter.

I can't see Billy boy shutting down NP because NP is the money maker. The banks wouldn't allow NP to be shut down because they are the bread and butter for YRC.

Maybe Mr. Zollars needs New Penn to see how to make a company run in the black. If he closes his only money maker it says a lot about if this is just a union busting play. Too bad the YRC guys couldn't stand with NP and show united group.

10% + 5% + $15K pension ia about 1/3 my overall. No one industry has had to consider a cut that deep.

A poster(sorry I to lazy to go back) felt we are left with nothing if we vote no [and NP closes]. You don't get $O. You get over a year of unemployment and the chance to work for a better management team, or perhap a spot in poorly run combined and unhealth YRC

OMG-Do you really think they will really contribute to a pension again if they get 18 months of not having to do.

I voted NO.

NP-18y
Teamster-22y

Don't you have to make money to have a Tax Write off.
Written off as a business expense,the cost of shutting it down,I have been thru this twice and each time the company was allowed to write it off,so as I see it,it would not be any different...

If they shut New Penn down then we will be able to spend more quality time with our families those old school teamsters fought hard for what we have today and alot of people are ready to throw it all away in a split second with a yes vote