Central Transport | VP of National Account Sales group resigns today, going to PittOhio

who cares if these people leave, pay attention this place has been in crapper with all these tm"s sales managers upper management people for so long. Let them leave, so flippen what, this place ran like crap with them, lets see what it does without them
Good one my brother

who is taking of the national accounts? The Vice Vice President of sales. Or Ind VP of national sales. I would guess no one. I think the End is near.

who is taking of the national accounts? The Vice Vice President of sales. Or Ind VP of national sales. I would guess no one. I think the End is near.
Someone from FXF I'm sure....but the end is not near.....too many things positive going on now....No one buys that many shares of stock not knowing the facts. Something is up!!!

i got to get off this thing. I haven't seen new accounts in last 4 or 5 years, i can't see that as positive. Need new sales!!! not lose accounts. to little to late.

i got to get off this thing. I haven't seen new accounts in last 4 or 5 years, i can't see that as positive. Need new sales!!! not lose accounts. to little to late.
I respect your opinion brother...We will just have to see how it plays out....Something positive is in the works with this stock purchase...Trust me.

i heard we maybe losing the gm spo acct to central transport in feburary. they had the acct in the past and the saleman who brought us that acct is now at central.

Dispite my bad experience as a Vitran Employee I cannot see this place shutting down. There may be a buy out or merger or some other event, but I do not see a closure. No matter all the talk about losing money there is plenty of money for raises and benefit increases. Vitran as a whole made a huge profit last year.

Do not be ruled by fear.

Dispite my bad experience as a Vitran Employee I cannot see this place shutting down. There may be a buy out or merger or some other event, but I do not see a closure. No matter all the talk about losing money there is plenty of money for raises and benefit increases. Vitran as a whole made a huge profit last year.

Do not be ruled by fear.

Vitran as a company lost their A$$ last year, you speak nonsense.

i heard we maybe losing the gm spo acct to central transport in feburary. they had the acct in the past and the saleman who brought us that acct is now at central.

Menlo who manages GMSPO is just about done with Vitran, you have a good crystal ball. That is ten million dollars that will go "poof" off the vitran books.

Do not be ruled by fear.

vitran canadas profits are less than vitrans u.s. losses. they're revenue keeps going up, but so does their losses.

vitran canadas profits are less than vitrans u.s. losses. they're revenue keeps going up, but so does their losses.
These so called losses can be manipulated and still remain legal with high priced attorneys and accountants....Don't read too much into these losses

If any employee at Vitran truly believes these "losses" are real and there is no surplus then those people, if they have any sense of self preservation, will take the first job they can get and be gone.

If I am wrong Vitran will not make it past June without a buy out, merger, or bankruptcy.

If I believed the losses were real I would not be wasting time on here posting. I would be filling out on line apps.

If any employee at Vitran truly believes these "losses" are real and there is no surplus then those people, if they have any sense of self preservation, will take the first job they can get and be gone.

If I am wrong Vitran will not make it past June without a buy out, merger, or bankruptcy.

If I believed the losses were real I would not be wasting time on here posting. I would be filling out on line apps.
When a large percentage of your workforce is in the 18 dollar range in a market that on average is 21 an hour you stand on the brink of success....We have burned many bridges, but there is still a huge amount of untapped customers that we can get...And I mean a huge amount that knows nothing of Vitrans rep.....We can go in and under cut the big boys and grab a piece of that pie...Afterall with what they pay their drivers they can afford it...These losses are being manipulated to prevent this company from giving raises. This company is now set up to thrive, if no other reason because we pay the new hires so very little. And where they start is where they stay.

When a large percentage of your workforce is in the 18 dollar range in a market that on average is 21 an hour you stand on the brink of success....We have burned many bridges, but there is still a huge amount of untapped customers that we can get...And I mean a huge amount that knows nothing of Vitrans rep.....We can go in and under cut the big boys and grab a piece of that pie...Afterall with what they pay their drivers they can afford it...These losses are being manipulated to prevent this company from giving raises. This company is now set up to thrive, if no other reason because we pay the new hires so very little. And where they start is where they stay.

Train, understand this.While Vitran pays its drivers around 13% less than the industry average it is still on track for a 40 million dollar loss this year. Vitran has not made money in six years despite a workforce that is paid less than the industry average. That includes drivers, office clerical,and most management. What is causing the huge losses is the fact that Vitran has to give away the rates/pricing to the marketplace to get them to use Vitran. Vitrans rates are typically 10-15% lower than a Conway or Old Dominion. Vitran's marketplace reputation is that of "bottom feeder", their service is so subpar that customers demand low rates to offset the risk of higher damages, claims that don't get paid or processed timely, transit times that cause delays, lost shipments that cannot be found for days if not weeks, cross delivered shipments etc. On top of that, the old linehaul and new linehaul implemented by CK ( hub and spoke) have not worked and will not work. Vitran runs a hub and spoke yet their terminals are way too far apart from a mileage standpoint to ever be successful from a cost and service standpoint. The hub and spoke was supposed to save 2 million dollars a month by reducing miles run and eliminating hotel costs for driver layovers. Vitran cannot go from losing between 4 and 5 million dollars a month to zero loss in the next six months. The Transforce stock purchase is interesting but folks talking about a merger with these other companies are way off base. Velocity Express is a truck load/milk run carrier and there is no other LTL carrier in their portfolio in the USA. They do own TST Overland who covers most of ON and QC so a merger up there may work. The income that Vitran Canada and Vitran Logistics amounts to is around 6 million dollars. Vitran USA still has 75% of the revenues for this company so folks saying that the company can be saved by Canada and Logistics do not know what they are talking about. Vitran is doing around 12,600 shipments per day servicing 30 states, Holland does 28,000 per day servicing appx 20 states, Southeastern Freight Lines does 29,000 per day servicing 12 states and both these carriers are getting more than 10% more revenue per bill than Vitran. The only way to save Vitran is to somehow get massive rate increase( won't happen) , shut down the west coast and implement pay cuts for all salaried workers( won't work as more of them would flee just as the last 15 have done over the past three months).

When Carter quit and went to Central, it was only a matter of time until GM went too! It won't be long before Jurczyk is farming Vitran for accounts. Same with Ann from Grr. Three of the top Sales Reps in the Nation.

These so called losses can be manipulated and still remain legal with high priced attorneys and accountants....Don't read too much into these losses

Hey, I`m in Accounting and I am not aware of any accounting practice where you can take a negative and make it a positive. When the checkbook is empty, you either borrow until your credit is no longer any good, or you file chapter 11.

the only customers that don't know our reputation would be the victims of internet business (unishippers, freightquote, ect...). our poor service is being passed by word of mouth. we now have customers that are shying away because they're hearing that we might be closing our doors.

Train, understand this.While Vitran pays its drivers around 13% less than the industry average it is still on track for a 40 million dollar loss this year. Vitran has not made money in six years despite a workforce that is paid less than the industry average. That includes drivers, office clerical,and most management. What is causing the huge losses is the fact that Vitran has to give away the rates/pricing to the marketplace to get them to use Vitran. Vitrans rates are typically 10-15% lower than a Conway or Old Dominion. Vitran's marketplace reputation is that of "bottom feeder", their service is so subpar that customers demand low rates to offset the risk of higher damages, claims that don't get paid or processed timely, transit times that cause delays, lost shipments that cannot be found for days if not weeks, cross delivered shipments etc. On top of that, the old linehaul and new linehaul implemented by CK ( hub and spoke) have not worked and will not work. Vitran runs a hub and spoke yet their terminals are way too far apart from a mileage standpoint to ever be successful from a cost and service standpoint. The hub and spoke was supposed to save 2 million dollars a month by reducing miles run and eliminating hotel costs for driver layovers. Vitran cannot go from losing between 4 and 5 million dollars a month to zero loss in the next six months. The Transforce stock purchase is interesting but folks talking about a merger with these other companies are way off base. Velocity Express is a truck load/milk run carrier and there is no other LTL carrier in their portfolio in the USA. They do own TST Overland who covers most of ON and QC so a merger up there may work. The income that Vitran Canada and Vitran Logistics amounts to is around 6 million dollars. Vitran USA still has 75% of the revenues for this company so folks saying that the company can be saved by Canada and Logistics do not know what they are talking about. Vitran is doing around 12,600 shipments per day servicing 30 states, Holland does 28,000 per day servicing appx 20 states, Southeastern Freight Lines does 29,000 per day servicing 12 states and both these carriers are getting more than 10% more revenue per bill than Vitran. The only way to save Vitran is to somehow get massive rate increase( won't happen) , shut down the west coast and implement pay cuts for all salaried workers( won't work as more of them would flee just as the last 15 have done over the past three months).
Most of what you say is true. I suppose I just don't want to accept the truth. I try to remain optimistic but with each day that passes it becomes more difficult. I can only hope that somehow we can find a way out of what appears to be almost certain failure.

Most of what you say is true. I suppose I just don't want to accept the truth. I try to remain optimistic but with each day that passes it becomes more difficult. I can only hope that somehow we can find a way out of what appears to be almost certain failure.

So . . . start looking as soon as the weather breaks. Most LTL companies start hiring about that time. As long as you don't have accidents and tickets you can go just about anywhere you want to. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.